• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Convenience for the Community (A List of Standard Budget Decks)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
This card could be good with Lycanroc GX (Bloodthirsty Eyes) couldn't it?
Not IMO. Too clunky and you need draw support from Octillery/Zoroark so you can't cut that. And you wouldn't be able to attack with Lycanroc without running Fighting Energies.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Hey everyone! There will be some major changes to the thread coming up, so if you need a decklist, just PM any of us! Please mind our dust as we help make this thread easier to navigate!

Last edited:

The Last Shaymin

Floof
ATTENTION EVERYONE.

We have decided to "slim down" the thread a little bit. This means that:
1. We will be removing some decklists, because they are not competitive enough or relevant anymore.
2. We will begin linking the decklists to separate threads in the Deck Garage forum, in an effort to make the decks easier to edit.
So, we need some help deciding which decks are viable enough to be used in tournaments, and what decks are good for beginners.
You may discuss here about which decks are competetive enough, what decks need some changes to make them viable, and what decks should be removed.

So, as WPM would say,

Discuss!

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Hehehehe.

Anyways, doesn't it seem kind of like it would clog the Deck Garage excessively to have all these different threads?

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
Decks for beginners:

Lapras
Golduck Starmie
Mew Mewtwo GX
Milotic Tapu Koko
Drampa Garb

Playable with medium experienced players:

Zoroark Haxorous
Delphox BREAK
Epmoleon

For experienced players:

Infinite Paralysis
Divide and Conquer

Any decks not mentioned I think should be cut.

Last edited:

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
Get rid of
Poliwrath salazzle- just too clunky, isn't good for the basics, and isn’t competitive
Politoed Poliwrath- stage 2 card that doesn't have much going for it, as it just doesn't hit numbers
Aerodactyl Talonflame Tauros- not too great of a list, though it might be helpful for teaching the basics of fossil mechanics, though I prefer the list with omastar for this
Alolan Raticate- too low damage, and the no energy gimmick just doesn't work well enough
Raichu GX- lower damage output than darkrai, and without magnezone, no benefits over darkrai
Lucario Drampa- too hard for a beginner to play
Aerodactyl Talonflame Omastar- the damage isn’t so high, but the consistency is good, so Im kinda 50/50.
One of the Skillveon lists- there are 2, and we only need 1
Guzzlord GX- not competitive, though maybe good for the basics.
Alolan Executaur GX- damage is not too great, though maybe with some other new stuff it could be good.
Celesteela GX- damage is a little too low for a good deck, though it could be good for beginners
Metal box- metagross deserves better than this, it should be the star, or with necromaza
Gengar Decidueye- the inconsistencies of this deck far outway the damage that it deals.
Mew mewtwo GX- the deck is kinda okay, but the fact that decks play lele ( though budgets don’t) and that decks now run decent basic attackers makes this deck obsolete.
M Beedrill- probably should stay, though with different cards
Milotic Koko- the fact that it can’t take KOs and with the format having more decks that can set up easily, means that the decks day is gone.
Durant mill- it's good, but more as a proof of concept.
RegiBox- too gimmicky, and not much to back that up.
Thats what I have as of now

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
Here is what I think we should remove (in no way is this undermining the deck building skills of whoever built them, but just decks that aren't not suitable in my opinion for this thread)...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poliwrath/Salazzle: I get the overall point of this deck, but I believe that it is tp hard to set up and continue to stream attacks to the point where it can be competitive while drawing into the cards you need consistently.

Politoed/Poliwrath: This deck can't keep up with decks to the point where it can be competitive, not to mention that it is Expanded.

Areodactyl/Talonflame/Tauros GX: One of the major issues with many of these decks is consistency and I believe that this deck isn't consistent enough to keep up with other decks and stream attackers.

Alolan Raticate: Even with the ability to attack for free, I don't think that the amount of damage this deck is doing is sufficient enough to be competitive.

Lucario/Drampa GX: Though this deck can deal quite a bit of damage, I don't believe that it can consistently deal those attacks with the energy requirements of Lucario and set up another attacker at the same time.

Areodactyl/Talonflame/Omastar: I believe that there is to much going on in this deck in order for it to set up consistently and repetitively stream attackers, especially since the highest possible damage you can deal is only 120.

Guzzlord GX: This deck isn't really competitive enough to deal with decks consistently, especially since your not guarantied another Guzzlord GX to attack with.

Alolan Exeggutor GX: I get the strategy, but I don't think that this deck can consistently set up with the amount of evolutions it includes and almost no draw support (as in abilities like Trade or Abyssal Hand).

Electric Box: I don't think that there is enough power in this deck that can be consistently set up each game as it seems there are to many strategies going on (which can affect your consistency in general).

Metal Box 2: If you can increase the draw support and energy acceleration, I don't think this deck would be too bad, but I don' think that this variant has enough of either.

Gengar/Decidueye GX: I believe that there are to many evolutions and not enough draw support for this deck to work efficiently, not to mention damage output. Maybe stick with just the Decidueye GX or the Gengar, but not both in the same deck.

Mew/Mewtwo GX: I don't believe that Mew (EVO) is an efficient way to stall out opponents, especially since it can be K.Oed by a Tapu Lele GX with Energy Drive.

Mega Beedrill EX: The concept of this deck in general is ok (though Guzma gets the opponent out of Paralysis), but the cards in this list aren't an efficient way to keep up the strategy each turn, especially since it requires setting up a Venusaur first.

Tapu Koko GX/Raikou/Drampa GX: Without draw support (like Abyssal Hand) I'm afraid that this deck can't draw into the cards that it needs consistently and keep up with other decks.

Miltoic/Tapu Koko: Even though this deck removes threats, it doesn't really have a way of winning besides decking out the opponent, in which it doesn't even play cards to do so.

Durant/Pheromosa GX: Even though this deck is built pretty effectively, I'm not sure that it can set up without your hand being clogged up by things such as Crushing Hammer or Aether Paradise Conversation Area. Not to mention that Durant only has 70 HP, which is pretty easy to K.O. unlike Sylveon GX.

Marshadow GX Box: Though this deck isn't bad in Expanded, I'm afraid there aren't to many assets that it can use in Standard. Without cards like Battle Compressor or Acro Bike, there isn't much you can do to lower consistency issues.

Regigigas/Alolan Muk: This deck comes with a lot of consistency issues and no real way to search out Kiawe while setting up more attackers/Alolan Muk.

Aggron/Zoroark GX: I believe that this deck has a few issues with consistency since it is trying to set up quite a few things at the same time. I don't that the effort put into setting up Aggron is worth just the one attack, especially since your not guaranteed it every game.

Agrron/Friends: Same as Aggron/Zoroark GX, there is to much going on in this deck in order for it to work effectively.

Zoroark GX/Haxorus: Since the set up for attack takes two turns, I don't think that this deck can keep up with other decks efficiently enough to be competitive.

Alolan Raticate/Hoopa: Same as the other Alolan raticate decks, there isn't enough damage being dealt in order for it to keep up with the opponent.

Mewtwo EX/Lunala GX/Drampa GX
: I think that there is to much this deck is relying on and not enough cards to get it to that point. With some many strategies going on consistency can be an issue.

Talonflame/Reuniclus: I don't think that the damage output is enough on this deck in order for it to work efficiently and take K.O.s often against the opponent. Basically the same thing as Alolan Raticate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Decks that I think should be revised/edited before entered into the thread...

Ultimate Metalbox: Cool idea, just fix up a few things such as removing the many techs included (try to make it as consistent as possible), add some draw support, and throw in Rare Candies (which is the card this deck is missing) and this deck would be good to go!

Zoroark Break/Drampa GX: The idea for the deck is fine, just this list isn't consistent enough to fit the bill. Maybe if we can switch a few things, than I would be fine with it.

Regibox: I think this deck has potential, but this list isn't the best it can be. Maybe I can fix that at some point.

Trevenant Break: The main problem I have with this deck is including Trevenant Break, so if you can remove that and just have a Garbodor/Trevenant deck then I don't think it would be too bad.

Slowbro Box: The idea sounds fun, but I don't know if the list is at its full potential yet (maybe include more draw support so you don't leave yourself without a hand the next turn).

Golisopod GX/Turtonator GX: The main thing I regret with this deck is not adding Octillery or Oranguru. I might remake the deck with consistency in mind and hopefully it will be at its full potential, but right now I don't know if it can keep up with most decks.

Once we decided on what decks will be kept, I will rate the decks on competitiveness (such as beginner, intermediate, and advanced) along with price (such as cheap, moderate, and expensive). Let me know what you think, thanks!

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Decks for beginners:

Lapras
Golduck Starmie
Mew Mewtwo GX
Milotic Tapu Koko
Drampa Garb

Playable with medium experienced players:

Zoroark Haxorous
Delphox BREAK
Epmoleon

For experienced players:

Infinite Paralysis
Divide and Conquer

Any decks not mentioned I think should be cut.

WOH WOH WOH, UH NO.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Hehehehe.

Anyways, doesn't it seem kind of like it would clog the Deck Garage excessively to have all these different threads?

Deck-lists should ideally undergo a staggered release, instead of posting all the lists at the same time. Once the list of decks is refined down to the most relevant and effective, you shouldn't have too many decks to post anyway. ;P

When including new decks in this convenience list in future, it would be wise to add decks only if they already have an existing thread and have been refined/collaborated on by the community, for quality reasons. You wouldn't have any clogging this way.