XY Confirmed Fake / Unconfirmed Rumor Catalog [Trademark List Updated 10/11/13]

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
*[mod]Drohn[/mod]: Keep in mind that this thread's purpose is to serve as an overview. Discuss the validity of rumours here! You can leave a message here if a rumour that fits one of the below categories is not on the list.*

This thread will serve as a reference guide to catalog confirmed fake rumors/screenshots leading up to the release of X and Y. There has been a lot of confusion lately, so a masterpost will be a benefit for everyone wanting to keep track of what's what. Confirmed information will be released via the front page once it has been authenticated by an official Nintendo source.

If you have an unconfirmed rumor, confirmed fake rumor (ie: someone has admitted to making the information up), or confirmed fake screenshots, post them here! Info will hopefully be categorized frequently, but keep in mind that I'm a college student who eats, sleeps, and goes to class for at least a few hours a day. Text rumors are the hardest to keep track of, so if you find one that's reasonably believable (and does not involve pouring orange juice on your 3DS), please post them.

Please, however, do NOT post images hosted by 4chan here! 4chan links are not known for their permanence, and the last thing we need is a reference catalog full of broken references. Either offer it as an attachment, or link it through another image-hosting website. If the image is large, please put it in spoiler tags.

I also make mistakes, so if you see a spot where I screwed up, let me know so I can fix it! Once an issue is fixed, I'll 'like' the post of the person who brought it to my attention, to reduce clutter.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Confirmed fake screenshots:
tumblr_mu521uPwzV1sflqvno1_500.jpg

tumblr_mtuolx1Phc1ri5196o1_400_zps34d345aa.png

attachment.php

attachment.php

original.jpg

original.jpg

Wn1EoJd.png

2zecy0g.jpg

tumblr_mto0ovApQP1qfyz1jo2_400.png

BVQ-E7nCIAAyOj5.jpg

oNmw2U9.png

2ps1v8x.jpg

FdzV114.png

tG5pFSZ.jpg

15yt16h.jpg

2rr6jux.jpg

Confirmed fake art:
3y7m.png

995509_566149320086954_1983585140_n.jpg

S1RqOIf.png

maxresdefault_zps04646cea.jpg

kalos_final_evos_by_zerudez-d6nu4wc.png

somnignon__fake_by_a_pinnari-d6nxfxa.png

The Pokebeach Rumor Roundup and Clarification post from May can be found here. The rumors found in this post have been confirmed by official sources for the most part, but are linked for reference.

The front-page post containing a still unconfirmed set of rumors from September can be found here. Please note that none of these rumors are fact and should not be treated as such until official Nintendo confirmation.

Unconfirmed Rumors:
Potential Trademarked Mega List:

Charizard (Confirmed x2)
Blastoise (Confirmed)
Gengar (Confirmed)
Pinsir (Confirmed via leaks)
Jynx
Gyarados (Confirmed via leaks)
Aerodactyl (Confirmed via leaks)
Scizor (Confirmed via leaks)
Houndoom (Confirmed via leaks)
Tyranitar (Confirmed)
Heracross (Confirmed via leaks)
Gardevoir (Confirmed via leaks)
Medicham (Confirmed via leaks)
Banette (Confirmed via leaks)
Aggron (Confirmed)
Latias/Latios
Abomasnow (Confirmed via leaks)

>Legendary ice-type wolf based on Fenrir
>hint 1: leakers report in-game NPCs mentioning a "legendary wolf pokemon"
>hint 2: Zygarde's asymmetric stat distribution, favoring physical defense
>hint 3: suspicious ice mirror in an empty room in an island in the middle of nowhere
>hint 4, the big one: Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf. This was leaked months ago along with many others that ended up being real, including Zygarde.

YiaGEcF.jpg

KITANA NOTE: I've been wrestling with this rumor for a while, and I've finally come to the decision to move it back to the unconfirmed section for now. There's just too much accurate info to ignore, despite the glaring errors. So unless more proof comes out against it, it's staying here.

To make it easier to follow, I've highlighted the bad info in red and good info in green. Plausible info that could have been mistranslated is magenta. My notes are in purple. Info that has yet to be confirmed/denied is the standard grey:

(Translated from Spanish)
*Mawile gets the Steel/Fairy type, and an evolution, so is Sableye (Could be a mega, or hidden national dex evolution)
*As said before, the starters final evolutions are: Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting (False, but close).
*The game's story line is "quite good". Characters will be back like Cynthia (who's visiting her family in Coastal Kalos) and Proffesor Oak.
*The game will last for more than 40 hours, and there's lots of stuff after beating the elite four, even more than Gold and Silver
*Mewtwo's new form have a protagonism after beating the elite four , with a scientific from kanto who is involve
*Orotto is the Shady Root Pokemon. The female version have a smile more "macabre" and its branches are sharper
*One of the new fossils is a Diplodocus
*There's a new shark pokemon
*When you arrive to Lumiose city, the character customization is introduced for you.
*Team flare's goal of making money is a lie, it changes during the game
*There's a new important character (kind like N). He's a lone traveler. (This has been pretty much confirmed by Josh's leaks)
*Sklerp evolves into a bigger and skinner horse sea, it occasionally blows purple bubbles when he's innactive, like Sklerp (Have not seen it in action yet)
*When you enter the hall of fame, there's a cinematic scene with your pokemon standing by the side of the character in 3d, with confetti and screams from the crowd
*Litleo evolves into something like a manticore
*The Carnac Stones in the game are home of a legendary pokemon
*The fairy pokemon shown so far are "a lie" making us believe that they are cute. Actually there's one that is as intimidating as Giratina origin form.
*There will no much type changes as people think, there are a few.
*This time, Game Freak made contact with various magazines to decide how many pokemon of each type will be introduced. There will be "great" Steel and Fire pokemon. (Partially confirmed in the context of IGN and Ciao)
*There's a pikachu-like pokemon, a wolf cub
*Meowstick and espurr are totally real

>New Move: Venom Drench - Pretty much spits a pile of venom on a poisoned Pokemon and lowers Speed and Sp. Atk

>Almost all reviews were 9/10 or 4.5/5

>Serena/Callum falls in love with you at some point in the story

>Korrina gives you her Lucario that warms up to you

>You can ride Furfrou in Lumiose

>Routes each have their own names

>Nitx, Bug/Dark Bat Discovered

>Glow Punch’s ENG name is Powered-Up Punch

>Mega Gardevoir accidentally popped up in a review, no pics of it

>Crafty Shield is a new move learned by Klefki that is like a Protect for non-damaging moves like Attract

>The starting town isn’t actually Vaniville, and you move to Vaniville after your mum is done with a short tutorial

>Ground/Fairy Pokemon dropped by Kotaku

>70 New Pokemon rumor debunked (Actually about 90)

>Instead of dust clouds in caves and rustling grass, there are new signals in the overworld that replace them. Falling dust in caves and and bushes on routes are the replacements.

>Yveltal is catchable during the main game unlike Kyurem

>Sayblye possibly has an evolution

>Grass Field and Fog Field are two new weather-like moves

>Make-up can be used in customization

>You can see your Pokemon interact in the overworld at the Daycare

>The Vanillite Taxis can be used to get around Lumiose City

>Some cafes/restaurants do special types of battles, like having to beat an opponent in X turns…because that’s how much time it would take for your meal to cool down and be able to eat, apparently.

(Please note that the leaker speaks English as a second language)
-aerodactyle will have a megaevo
-exp.share can be activate to share exp with ALL Pokémon in the team
-some place have 3d actually but overworld is 90% without it
-teamflare uses a lot of houndour / zubat etc. classic Pokémon from rival team
-circlepad=rollerskate / direction buttons=running
-you can choose 4 obj to be used with Y
-pokedex is 3d so be sure to slide up the 3d slider!
-binacle is n.21 Pokémon in the coast pkdx, its like a sea creatures with two heads -anemon I think their called?- (i guess its evolution will have three...) and its rock/water
-hawlucha is nr.89 in the coast pkdx, its flying/fighting type and it's 0,8m and 21,5kg.
-XY has a LOT of Pokémon everywhere, usually there were like 4-5 Pokémon in each area, here there are 10 at least from all gens -not like bw really- so a lot of Pokémon to catch trade train etc and the world is really big and full of stuffs.

2lxgie0.png

I work for a magazine in the UK and got sent an email a couple of weeks ago with apparent Pokemon X & Y 'facts'. The writer says they are from a European marketing team (did not mention which one).
I don't really think they are true, however a couple of things were right. Posting on here to see whether any had been already confirmed as true or fakes.

I'll post the few kinda 'confirmed' ones, they way they were written is not concrete which is why I doubted the rest are completely true, but at least maybe they are fun rumours to share.
- Two tv spots will be launched prior to release each with a new pokemon briefly shown to gain hype. A new normal-type unevolved pokemon (the grey one in the new uk trailer?) and a new poison-type pokemon with no evolutionary line.
- Three new evolutions of Gen VI pokemon will be released on the official facebook page prior to launch. (Doublade just released I guess?)
- The new Starter evolutions will be released. But no final evolutions until the week leading to the 12th October. (Well true so far)
- Mewtwo will have two forms, one for each game version. The second will not be announced until later on for fans to get used to the idea of mega evolutions. (This is one of the main things that made me post)

And the rest:
- Rhyhorn will be first pokemon you get to ride in-game. You cannot ride Rhydon. The pokemon you ride in-game are not available for battles. (Guessing this means they act like the bike?)
- Main professor in the game will be female, with male professor (I'm guessing Sycamore?) as main plot driver.
- Pokemon from all previous generations will be able to be caught in-game, making it easier to complete pokedex without having to trade or use pokemon bank service. Re-emergance of 'Gotta Catch 'Em All" to regain Gen 1 fanbase.
- Harder to catch specific pokemon as more will be available in each route. Percentage of each pokemon appearing is lower.
- All starter pokemon will get mega evolutions and one from each generation will be obtainable throughout the game as part of male professor's research.
- Not all legendaries are getting mega evolutions. There is no mega evolution for Mew, Cresselia and Genesect. They are confirmed to not have any.
- No Gen VI pokemon will get mega evolutions. KITANA NOTE: later on the OP realized that they made a mistake and said Gen V instead of Gen VI (as was previously confirmed). I have corrected this mistake myself

And this was apparently to help me?...
- The European names of new pokemon are not sent to the marketing team until 3 days prior to announce, to reduce leaks. This means any names currently 'leaked' are fake unless revealed within the week.

new_rumors_by_krocf4-d6j4r58.png

new_rumors_by_krocf4-d6f91dd.png

Confirmed Fake Rumors:
4VJNEOH.png

I'm not quite sure how long this post will last, but read for your own amusement and curiosity. BE WARNED, I have a copy of Pokemon X and I have beaten it. My best Pokemon right now is Dragonite, who I will show Mega Evolving, but I will not show it's Mega Form. The following is all of what I've discovered and think is significant to Pokemon players everywhere.

- Dragonite has a Mega Evolution, along with all of the starters and some pseudos. Arcanine, Steelix, Sharpedo, Floatzel, Togekiss, and Tyranitar are a few of which have Mega Evolutions.

- There are 8 gyms, Dark-type is one of them.

- There is another Eevee evolution that is owned by the Champion of Kalos. It is rivaled by the Eevee you train and evolve. Evolving it is mandatory to face the Champion, you are presented with Evolutionary Stones and methods of evolving Eevee while you are in Victory Road.

- There are very different areas in Victory Road, a Forest area (Grass, Bug, Poison, some Flying and multi-typed Pokemon), an Underwater area (Water and some multi-typed Pokemon), a Volcanic area (Fire, Steel, Dragon, and some multi-typed Pokemon), and if you go in the right direction, you will enter a Black-Void area (Ghost, Dark, and some multi-typed Pokemon). Outside of Victory Road you will find Fairy, Fighting, and Normal-Type Pokemon.

- The third mascot legendary is found underneath "The Giant Life", as opposed to Xerneas found at the bottom of The Giant Life, and Yveltal atop The Giant Life.

- I have seen all of the starters final evolutions', I'm sure everyone will be pleased with. Especially Froakie and Fennekins'.

- Pre-evolutions and Evolutions of past generation Pokemon return, along with new Middlutions that are exactly the same as Pre-evos and Evos, but effect an evolution line by introducing a Middle Evolution, rather than a Final or First Stage Evolution. A few Pokemon with Pre-Evos are Girafarig, Tropius, and Cubone. A few Pokemon will Middlutions are the Growlithe line, the Carvanha line, and the Combee line. A few Pokemon with Evolutions are Pinsir and Heracross, Dunsparce, and Farfetch'd, which was never too far-fetched at all.

- Combee now has a male evolution, called Bedrone, that looks almost too similar to Beedrill, minus the stripes. Yet it is a shade of orange and has three eyes that form a triangle shape. The antenna on Bedrone are large and there are specks of white hair around Bedrone's eyes. It's pretty cute. Bug/Flying type and has higher attack than a normal Vespiqueen.

- Team Flare is not alone, take that to heart!

- Mewtwo is catchable after beating the game.

- Characters from past games show up, and there are some shocking revelations.

That's all for now, but I will update with more if given the time and allowance.

- There are over 100 Pokemon, I won't go into the exact number but it is more than 100 and a less then the 156 Pokemon of the previous games 'Pokemon Black and Pokemon White'

- It's a good substantial amount of Pokemon that I'm highly sure that everyone will be happy with.

- I won't reveal the names of these Pokemon in case I get in trouble so I'll just describe them!

- There are a lot of unique typing's that haven't been seen before! the best in my opinion being a Electric/Fire type!

- The Starters final evolved forms are of that, that has been rumored, Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting.

- Chespin's final evolution - Grass/Dark is very round and spiky, lots of spikes all over it's body, its spikes are a sort of armor and it also holds a giant spike like a sword.

- Fennekin's final evolution - Fire/Psychic is very majestic looking, it now holds the stick it use to have as a Braixen and the flame on it is a lot bigger, it's tail is longer and more sleek, it's ears are very pointy and the fur in it's ears is longer with puffs at the end of it, it's fur is longer too, almost looking like a dress/gown of sorts.

- Froakie's final evolution - Water/Fighting is a lot more sleek and looks fast! it's almost completely dark blue and has black coloured spots on it's face, it has some white markings still but not many, the bubbles around it's neck is also longer.

- Swirlix can be found after the first gym it evolves into a pure Fairy Type, it looks more like a dog now and has a bigger tongue and drool dripping from it's mouth, it's paws/ears are larger and it has a swirl of 'fur' on it's had now and it's tail looks like a lollypop.

- Spritzee evolves into a Fairy/Dark type, it looks like a cross between a Flamingo and a human, it's quiet creepy actually...it has wings like Lugia's as in they're not shaped like wings but more like arms, it's beak is bigger with a black marking on the tip of it, it's eyes are more evil looking too. It has White feathers for a tail. It's now a dull Pink color.

- You get given a Pokemon Egg from the daycare upon arriving, the man says that a trainer left their Pokemon there and when he came back he didn't want the Pokemon egg so you take it. It hatches into one of any of the pre-evolved Pokemon (Pichu, Elekid, Magby, Happiny, Togepi, Whynaut, Munchlax etc...)

- The 5 Side Legends have their own legend, 4 of them are 'brothers' and the other one is their 'noble steed'

- The 2 Event Legends have to do with the Past and Future, the Past one accidentally falls through time to present time and the Future one has something to do with coming from the future to stop an event that will destroy the Kalos Region.

- Some attacks that become Fairy Type are Sweet Kiss, Metronome, Moonlight, Swift, Charm and Wish.

- There ARE Pre-evolutions and Evolutions of past generation Pokemon, there's not as many as Generation 4 though. I won't say which Pokemon have them but there are a couple of fan favorites getting Evolutions which actually look really cool!

- All the previous generations starters get Mega-Evolutions, but a couple more Pokemon getting Mega-Evolutions are Raichu, Farfetch'd, Tauros, Dragonite, Steelix, Heracross, Miltank, Camerupt, Sharpedo, Tropius, Floatzel, Cherrim, Togekiss, Haxorus, there are a few others too.

-The Gym's types are Bug, Fairy, Electric, Fighting, Rock, Grass, Dark and Fire
The Elite Four's types are Normal, Flying, Water and Steel
The Champion uses mix types/the types left over (Ground, Poison, Ghost, Ice, Psychic, Dragon)

- 'Spike Barrage' is a Grass type attack that attacks the foe with spikes 1-5 times, it raises the users Attack and Defense but lowers it's speed.

- 'Belch' is a Poison Type attack, it causes damage and has a high chance of Poisoning the foe.

- 'Aqua Blade' is a Water Type attack, it slashes the foe with blades of water, it raises the Attack and Special of the user

- 'Fire Pulse' is a Fire Type attack, the user releases a blast of fire from it's body, it causes damage to all those on the field (Good for Horde battles) even the user gets damage, it however raises Attack and Special Attack of the user, it can also Burn the user and foes."

There is an ancient tablet pokemon with what look to be runes on it. It is ice/rock and can be found near a city with a windmill. It has the ability Flash Freeze which causes Pokemon to become frozen when they use a physical attack on it. The pokemon's name is Bitrunic and it knows the attacks rock smash and ice beam. It looks like a grey stone rectangular slab and the runes glow icy blue normally and red when it is attacking. It's eyes are two runes that are rectangles with diagonal lines that go through them.

The next is a steel/ghost type pokemon also found near the ruins that have bitrunic. It is known as the mirror pokemon. Named Flekter. Its pokedex entry says that it can trap a person's soul within the reflection. It does evolve into a broken mirror pokemon. I do not know the name of the evolution but it has a ghost like mist holding together broken mirror shards.

To get Spewpa to evolve into Vivillon, you have to shake your 3ds up and down while it levels up. You can do this at anytime once it is past level 16.

To get Malimar, when Inkay is leveling up past level 24, turn your 3ds upside down. Another thing to keep in mind is that you have to be surfing to do this.

There is a lady in Lumiose city who will give you a task once a day for a week. If you complete her tasks (it can be anything from showing her a certain pokemon or bringing her a certain item to showing her an evolved pokemon), she will give you an egg. This egg has a Skiddo in it. If you take the hatched Skiddo to her, she'll teach you how to ride pokemon. This isn't required to ride pokemon, but she gives you tips on jumping over ledges.

Pokemon-amie it a lot of fun to play and create bonds with your pokemon, however if you don't use it, your pokemon don't lose happiness. This is good because you don't have to use this feature. I can see this as being geared more towards girls.

Pokemon that can be found close to the starting area: Quillom, Bunnelby, Scatterbug, Fletchling, Flabebe, Pikachu.

The Togepi lineup loses its normal typing and becomes fairy type.

Metronome is now a fairy type move. There is a new move called Moon Dance that will raise a fairy type Pokemon's special attack. I mistook this for Lunar Dance earlier; sorry.

The day care center is near a bridge and has a river flowing behind it. You can now put up to four pokemon there. If you leave a pokemon there to breed, it's happiness will go down. If it gets too unhappy, it will no longer breed.

When you street pass someone you can see them on your PSS. You can also battle them in a place called the pokemon battle arcade (not to be confused with the battle arcade from the battle frontier).

Your friends don't believe you when you say you think you saw the legendary pokemon. Your rival (the male or female one that you didnt choose said they saw it too). Tierno says that you guys probably just dreamed it.

There are new types of pokeball, each with a different speciality. On has a yellow top with a lightning bolt on it. As you can imagine, it works well on electric pokemon. It is called the Shockball.

The next is the Ironball. It is all silver looking except a black band around the middle and a little indent on the top. Use for catching steel type pokemon but can also be good for catching heavier pokemon.

They are following the pattern of having two Eeveelutions in this generation. I have seen the other and it is unexpected, but awesome. I won't say what type but it isn't dragon or poison like people are thinking.

Raichu gets a mega evolution. It turns brown with the orange/gold accents on its ears. Its speed and special attack are increased.

Tropius gets to mega evolve. It gains more back leaves and now has more coconuts hanging from its neck. Its physical attack is raised but its speed it lowered.

You can leave money with your mother again but you don't get annoying calls from her when she buys you stuff. Now you can leave her a shopping list and she will pick them up for you if she "finds a good sale".

The train tracks in the East of Kalos lead to a new battle frontier that is being "built" while the main story is happening. It presumably will be finished by the time you beat the elite four.

Shiny Helioptile is a darker yellow, kind of orange-ish. This is the only shiny Pokemon I have encountered so far.

Talonflame doesn't evolve from Fletchling, there is a pokemon in between.

The save game function takes substantially less time than previous games.

On the main menu, these are the options: New Game, Continue, Mystery Gift, Streetpass Settings, Options, Wifi Settings.

Mega stones can be found in a caves through a new feature similar to the mining feature in D/P/P. Not the exact same way, but you use your stylus to break rocks. You don't always find something but you can get mega stones (in their raw forms, you have to take them to the fossil lab).

You can design your own clothes (not the shape or anything, but you can add patterns or Pokemon images onto them, similar to how Tierno has vanillite on his shirt). You have to have seen the Pokemon in order to get it put onto a shirt. I am not sure if you can put any Pokemon on a shirt, but so far many of the early Pokemon work.

The 5th gym is Dark type and the gym leader is tough!

Just caught an Apparachnid. I can confirm the spelling! There is an empty spot right after it in the Pokedex, followed by Bitrunic. My guess is that is does indeed evolve. Upon further inspection, it has six eyes and the bottom of it's legs are blue. It is Ghost/Poison. 8.6 lbs. It knows a new move: Venom Spit (Physical attack, 50 base damage, 100 accuracy, can poison) along with Bite, Acid, and Poison Sting.

From an Italian lady who got the games early:

"My review for Pokemon X and Y is coming out on October 4th and I just got my review copy in today. Im not allowed to post pictures of the final evolutions but I will be posting shots of in-game, maybe a few new Pokemon, I work for an Italian gaming website."

>-The names of the final evolutions are Frogue, Chesknight, and Kyubixen

>-First five gyms are Bug, Fairy, Electric, Fighting, Steel,

>-Alexa is a reporter from Lumiose City who will appear often in bustling cities to do reports on you and will battle you afterwards, the battles can be seen on big screens in Lumiose City

>-Theres a new bird Pokemon named Aquerial who is a phoenix with soaked wings and is Water/Flying

>-There's a new Pokemon named Koadly who is a small bear/koala
and is Fairy type

>-There's a new Pokemon named G

New Pokemon and Mega Evolution Information

Yo, so, yeah, there's been a lot of rumors going around and such and people are probably a bit on-edge, but I can give you my word, although it isn't much since you don't know me, that this is information that is on its way to being revealed around the middle of this month when the Official XY Website updates and everything. Here's what I've learned about the New Pokémon and Mega Pokemon being revealed as well as some other game play stuff I've learned about. So, yeah, trust me or not, but this'll be revealed in about a week's time and you'll see yourself.

First off, there are Eight New Pokémon being revealed, although four of them have been seen previously in preview videos or mentioned in leaks.

Aspent. It's a Poison-type "Desert Snake" Pokemon, basically a maroon cobra with gold stripes and a little Egyptian Pharaoh hood. It has Intimidate as an Ability, and a new Normal-type move named "Serpent Dance", which confuses the user while lowering the foe's Attack and Speed. In the overworld you can now see certain Pokemon, some will run away from you, some will stand still and let you walk up to them, while others will chase after you, with Aspent popping out of the sand in areas and chasing after you. It is described as being a dangerous desert-dwelling Pokemon that performs a strange, twisting dance that lulls its prey into a false-sense of security.

Poirre. It's a Water/Rock-type "Gushing" Pokemon, it resembles a large gray, finely carved fish statue like the kind you see on fountains, with a wide mouth that's shooting out water skyward, even in the art it's shown shooting water out. It has Drizzle as an Ability, and learns very few moves besides Water Gun, but is said to shine in Double Battles. Using its new Water-type move, "Healing Spring", it is able to continuously heal it and its partner for three turns but, on the downside, it is unable to use any moves or switch out. It is described as being a sedentary Pokemon that gets rid of its excess body water by spraying it out of its mouth for hours at a time, with nearby Pokemon gathering around it for hydration.

Grimmwood. This is the English name of "Orotto", the Pokemon seen in Japanese trailers beforehand, known as the "Deep Woods" Pokemon. It is Grass/Ghost, with Stall as an Ability. It knows Ingrain, and often appear in Horde Battles with other Grimmwood, using Ingrain to continuously heal and prolong the fight. They also learn a new Poison-type move known as "Poison Apple", which heals the foe's HP then badly poisons them. It is described as being strange Pokemon that grow in large groups in areas where wars took place in the past, and move around in order to confuse travelers who pass through the woods they live in.

Espurr. It's a Psychic-type "Roaming Cat" Pokemon, a chunky purplish cat with black star marks decorating its body, and pointy ears like a witches-hat. It has Infiltrator as an Ability, and has Swift as one of its moves. Espurr appear in certain towns, including Lumiose, at night and will run away if approached by a trainer. To catch them, you need to utilize your skates and back them into a corner so you can battle them. It is described as a foreboding Pokemon that gather around human settlements, and are said to be associated with strange occurrences.

Meowstic. It's a Psychic-type "Familiar" Pokemon, the evolved form of Espurr, with a stronger witch motif has its ears are taller and pointier, and its tail resembles a broomstick. Its body is pure-black with purple star marks, and inverse of its pre-evolution. Its Ability remains as Infiltrator, and learns Moonlight, as it is a Pokemon that is stronger when battling at night. It evolves from the mischievous Espurr by playing with it in Pokemon-Amie and getting on its good-side. It is described as being a fiercely loyal Pokemon with powerful magic that follows its Trainer's will to the fullest, but will hiss and scratch if any human besides its Trainer attempts to touch it.

Staeger. It's a Bug/Flying-type "Stag Beetle" Pokemon, it's a copper-colored stag beetle with a folded up body and larger pincers, it resembles a "spaceship" a bit with its wing spread out. It has a new Ability called "Air Strike", which powers up its attacks when used against Flying and Levitating Pokemon, thus it is said to be a very powerful Pokemon when used in Sky Battles with "Aerial Ace" and "Bug Bite" as attacks. It is also said to evolve when it masters Sky Battling. It is described as a fierce hunter that never lands on the ground when chasing after its prey, but is docile when drinking sap from trees.

Beettallion (Armored Mode). It's a Steel/Flying-type "Metamorphic" Pokemon, a larger metallic stag beetle with little turrets on its back, once more it looks a lot like a futuristic "spaceship" with "Shell Armor" as an Ability. It has strong defenses, but loses some of its Speed and Attack. It learns a Bug-type move known as "Metamorph", which allows it to Mode Change into Strike Mode, which is Bug/Flying and has a more humanoid, mecha beetle look who wields its horns like swords. Furthermore, Strike Mode lowers it defenses, but regains its Attack and Speed as well as regaining Air Strike as an Ability. It cannot change back after using Metamorph. It is described as being a natural Pokemon that evolved a method of transforming its body in order to keep up continuously evolving prey, and thus can adjust to changes in battles.

Reangil. It's the Pokemon that was seen in the Nintendo Direct, a Fairy/Dragon-type "Nevermore" Pokemon. It has a new Ability known as "Fog Horn", which creates a mysterious fog wherever it appears which lowers the Accuracy of all Pokemon including itself. It has a new Fairy-type move known as "Dragolance", which does Dragon-type damage to foes. It is described as being a Pokemon that appears in many ancient Fairy-tales and shows itself to those who believe in it, and is said to live for exactly 100 years.

There are also four Mega Evolutions shown...

Mega Mewtwo (Pure Forme). In addition to Mega Mewtwo, a second Mega Evolution of Mewtwo exists which is much smaller and friendlier looking, with its tail wrapping around its body. It is Psychic-type, and has "Magic Guard". It is said that Trainers who have proven themselves to have strong hearts may bear witness to this Forme that, while small, is rumored to possess extremely potent psychic powers.

Mega Magcargo. It becomes Fire-type as it breaks out of its shell, resembling a larger fiery snail with the back of its body bubbling up with heat bubbles. It gains a boost in Special Attack and has Flash Fire as an Ability. It is described as its body raising to excessive temperatures that prevent it body from cooling down whatsoever.

Mega Drifblim. It is Ghost/Flying, and its upper body swells to a larger size and it has six "arms" now instead of two, but mostly stays the same looking. The larger size gives it stronger Defense and Special Defense than before, and it has a new Ability, "Sky High", which prevents it from being grounded. It is described as its body swelling to massive sizes as it takes to the air to heights that most Pokemon are incapable of reaching.

Mega Jynx. It is Ice/Psychic, and its body slims down and it has a more "hotter" look to it, with its hair turning an icy silver. Its slimmer size gives it more Speed, and it also has stronger Special Attack, and has Cute Charm as an Ability as it has an alluring look to it. It is described as using its Psychic powers to create a strange illusion that gives it a beautiful look that no Pokemon can resist."

- Professor Patrice is a second (female) professor, who is based on research and sends your friends the Kalos starters.
- Frogadier evolves into Amphegade, a Water/Fighting type. It focuses on stealthy combat. Amphegade uses makeshift "bubble bombs" to thwart its opponents. It has a darker appearance: It wears a hood, which is derived from Frogadier's eye-horns. The bubbles are transformed into a necklace of bubble bombs.
- Braixen evolves into Fire/Psychic Zorsearer, what I assume is a play on "sorcerer". It's gender ratio is still primarily male, as Zorsearer is more gender neutral than Braixen. It's fur is shaped into a witch's hat, while it also wears a cloak or caplet of sorts. Its tail and ear fur flow in a more beautiful way, resembling smoke or intense heat. It carries a wooden wand that it can ignite on command, and casts devious tricks on it's opponents. It is still bipedal.
- Quilladin evolves into Chestlamane, another word play based on Charlamagne, Grass/Dark. It's a little more sleek than Quilladin. The chestnut shell broke into what resembles a knight's armor. There are some spikes that cover its armor plates. Its chest has a simple leafy pattern that resembles gothic/medieval art (not sure how to explain the origin, but think of Serperior).
- There is about new 130 Pokemon. There are 6 evolutions of previous Pokemon, including Swalot. So far, there has been a good number of new Fire and Poison types.
- A new ability, Cautious Step, ignores entry hazards. It is used by Hawlucha.
- Helioptile evolves into another Electric/Normal type that references solar panels. It's final stage evolves via Sun Stone.
- Houndoom, Camerupt, Druddigon and Zoroark will get Mega Evolutions.

1.All the starters are going to evolve at lv.18 then lvl. 36
2. There are going to be 7 new legendary pokemon
- a fairy trio which is fairy/water, fairy/ground, fairy/fire
- Yvelta and Xerneas but along with a snake like legendary that is a poison\rock
- The seventh one supposedly a weird looking one
3.The elite four members hold the royal names
-Louis(Ice)
-Elizabeth(bug)
-George(ground)
-Henry(Steel)
- The champion is suppose to be sycamour the professor and is multityped pokemon team
4. There are going to be a Dark\Electric cheetah, A Fire\Fighting Minotaur, A Poison type eevee.
5.some old pokemon are going to get new evolution
- Sableye
- Mawile
- Quilfish
- Dunsparce
6. The following pokemon are going to get pre-evolutions
- Miltank & Tauros
- Sawk & Throh
- Audino
7.The 8th gym leader name is lilith and is a dark type gym
8. Honedge is NOT going to evolve into another pokemon
9. Talonflame is not the final evolution for fletchling
10. Litleo is going to evolve at lv.15 then at lv. 32 in to a manticore
11. Spritzee and swirlix are going to evolve by moonstone
12. Orotto is suppose to be a grass\ghost

Sylveon is the Kashinfuu Pokemon, "Spring Wind". It is a pure-Flying Eevee Evolution, and is also 100% Female. Evolution method isn't stated exactly, but it evolves through its "bonds" with another Pokemon reaching a fever pitch. It further teases this by promising information on a new evolution mechanic in the future.

*The magazine expands on the Starters and Legendaries, with Species and Types:

Chespin is the Igaguri Pokemon, "Chestnut".
Fennekin is the Kitsunemimi Pokemon, "Fox Ears".
Froakie is the Kaeru Pokemon, "Frog".
Xerneas is the CHI (written out in romanji) Pokemon. Psychic/Ground.
Yveltal is the PSI (written out in romanji) Pokemon. Fighting/Flying.

Magazine has little speculative blurbs about them. Mentions how Chespin seems to be wearing a "hat", and wonders if it can be removed. Fennekin's blurb points out the fluff within its ears and questions if it's able to hear with all that fluff. Froakie's questions about the function of the clouds on its back, and wonders if it stores anything in it. Xerneas' points out the rainbow glow coming from its horns and asks what kind of power they contain, and Yveltal's mentions how its tail has a third hand on the end.

Next issue will apparently reveal the secret of Xerneas and Yveltal, and the meaning of CHI and PSI.

*There are three New Pokemon revealed advertising New Evolutions and Pre-Evolutions of older Pokemon alongside Sylveon, alongside their Sugimori Art and an in-game screen-shot:

Arutarosu [アルタロス], which is said to be the pre-evolution of Tauros. Normal. Species is Kengyuu Pokemon, "cow-puller", apparently from "kengyuusei", the "Puller of Cow Star". 19.7 kg. 0.9 m. Is a little brown bull, with only one tail, and ears instead of horns. Has a "cowbell" charm on its neck, a circular piece of metal with bull horns coming out the sides. The magazine indicates that it uses the cowbell to lead other Pokemon, and the in-game screen-shot shows musical notes coming from the bell in a battle.

Koorain [コーライン], which is said to be the evolution of Torkoal. Fire. Species is Sekitan Pokemon, "Coal", same as Torkoal. Very large Torkoal, with black "train tracks" lines running down its neck down its stomach, and around its legs. Has two "smoke stack" horns on the top of its head. Shell is larger, with two openings on both sides which are opened up like shafts, red fire seen inside. 291.8 kg. 2.8 m. Its in-game picture shows a red flame emitting from it in a fight against a Torkoal, Torkoal in the foreground, Koorain in the back, with the magazine pointing out the size difference between the two.

Yamemasu [ヤメマス], which is an alternate-evolution to Wynaut and a counterpart to Wobbuffet. Psychic. Species is the Kibaya Pokemon, "quick-tempered". Looks a lot like Wobbuffet, with a red zig-zag around its neck as its head is red, and it's got meaner looking (><) eyes as they're narrowing downward. Even the eyes on its tail look mad. Its arms are layered like a paper fan, and its swatting them. It's slightly skinnier, with its legs a bit raised and less flabby. 28.5 kg. 1.3 m. Its in-game picture has it swatting its arms at a Wobbuffet in battle in some kind of attack, and the magazine points out how it's able to attack on its own unlike Wobbuffet.

RE: Confirmed Fake/Unconfirmed Rumor Catalog [UPDATE 2]

You may also wanted to add a section for confirmed rumors (like the orginal pokebeach leaker who confirmed Fairy type's strength and weakness almost to a T). This would serve to preserve semi-reliable sources as more or less credible than others.

Since rumours can only be officially confirmed by Pokémon itself it's best to not include that. When major news is confirmed there will be a post about it on the Front Page.

Are we allowed to respond to these or is this simply to list them in an organized manner?

Drohn said:
Since rumours can only be officially confirmed by Pokémon itself it's best to not include that. When major news is confirmed there will be a post about it on the Front Page.

Yeah, I didn't add a 'Confirmed Real' section for that very reason. Same with the leaker's images of Hawlucha/Binacle/Greninja, seeing as they're still undetermined. If we get more mass leaks like that, I might make 'possibly real' section. If people want confirmed info, that's what the front page is for ^^

And if something DOES turn out real, I'll create a 'Previously thought fake but whoops my bad' section, or something.

Drohn said:

Exactly, the veracity of the rumors can only be confirmed by Nintendo, but it may serve to offer some credibility, and subsequently give credit, to the leaker or hosts of the leaker as more credible than others. Such as Pokebeach's leaker. It also adds a certain amount of thematic consistency to compare to other rumors if we can read previous true leaks compared to unconfirmed leaks.

Since people can compare them with the posts on the front page there is no real need for that. Especially since even WPM stated that nothing is confirmed until we see it from the official source.

nightkeeper said:
Are we allowed to respond to these or is this simply to list them in an organized manner?

I'm fine with you responding, so long as this thread doesn't become 'Rumors and Speculation 2'. Mostly, I'd like the majority of the responses here to contain rumors that I can catalog in the list. I'm just one person, after all, and there's a LOT of info to dig through.

The point of this isn't as much to discuss the fake rumors as it is to keep fact and fake in organized chaos. If a new determinedly fake screenshot pops up that isn't on this list, feel free to post it so it can be added.

Text rumors are all over the place, so if you see one and it hasn't been identified as definitively fake in the Rumors and Speculation thread (ie, someone admitted that they made the info up), it can be posted here for future reference under the 'Unconfirmed Rumors' section. If it is determined fake by a major consensus, it will be moved from the 'Unconfirmed Rumors' section to the 'Confirmed Fake Rumors' section.

You have the same list of rumors in the unconfirmed rumor section twice. :)

nightkeeper said:

Since no one replied, I'll ask anyway. In the final of the "Unconfirmed Rumors", it says a new dragon pokemon in the same vein as Dragonite. What exactly does that mean?

EDIT: Thank you Kitana Coldfire.

Drohn said:
Since people can compare them with the posts on the front page there is no real need for that. Especially since even WPM stated that nothing is confirmed until we see it from the official source.

Just thought it would make life convenient and consistent, which I erroneously supposed this thread was for, evidently.

Akwila said:
Drohn said:

Just thought it would make life convenient and consistent, which I erroneously supposed this thread was for, evidently.

Thank you for coming up with ideas! :D I appreciate it. :)

The reason I'd rather not have it here is because no matter how real it seems (and certain information can be well-predicted) we don't know whether it's real until we see it from an official source!

Edit: We also don't always know who leaked the information. WPM's sources are unknown to us for example.

So I just wanted to thank you Kitana for organizing what has been spoken about on the other thread. :)
It's quite kind of you to go out of your way to help like that.

I've split the difference and added links to both the May rumor roundup and the September front-page post. Until more information comes out, the screenshots from the weekend leakers will not be added to the list.

RE: Confirmed Fake/Unconfirmed Rumor Catalog [Rumor Sections Updated!]

Updated the Rumor sections with everything plausible I could find from the Rumor and Speculation thread (Pages 1-115). They are in no particular order, but I did try to push the older ones towards the bottom.

If I missed anything, let me know.

RE: Confirmed Fake/Unconfirmed Rumor Catalog [Updated 10/3/13]

In light of the mega evolution leaks, the unconfirmed rumors section has been updated to include a list from August containing potential mega evolutions (based on trademark checking).

Should more leaks occur that correspond to this list, I'll update it accordingly.

And please remember that all unconfirmed rumors are not fact until authenticated.

RE: Confirmed Fake/Unconfirmed Rumor Catalog [Updated 10/3/13]

You can add these to the list too:

http://0.thumbs.4chan.org/vp/thumb/1380886425218s.jpg

https://0.thumbs.4chan.org/vp/thumb/1380893052796s.jpg

RE: Confirmed Fake/Unconfirmed Rumor Catalog [Updated 10/5/13]

In addition to adding some fake screenshots, I've moved a rumor that I had previously cataloged as fake back to the unconfirmed section, due to it becoming increasingly more accurate as we go on. As more leaks come out, I will be checking to see if the unconfirmed information continues to match up and will highlight accordingly.

For more details regarding this decision, please consult my note in the Unconfirmed Rumors section.

Back