Discussion Confirmed Fake Rumor Catalog - Sun & Moon Edition [Games Out!]

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
(Tana Note 2: I've added some legacy pictures to the examples until Sun/Moon fakes come out. Knowledge is power, after all, so check out some blasts from the past!)

Welcome to The Confirmed Fake Rumor Catalog -- Sun/Moon Edition!

(A PokeBeach Tradition Since 2013!)
(...three versions is enough to be considered a tradition, right?)

Quick Reference of Current Major Leaks (4/5 Still Relevant)
leaks_by_steffenka-daietot.jpg

History Lesson GO!
During the last few weeks before X and Y were released, people began getting extremely confused as to which rumors had been confirmed, were still unconfirmed, or debunked entirely. To help alleviate that confusion, I created the original Confirmed Fake/Unconfirmed Rumor Catalog, to help people keep track of what was what. It was a lot of fun to do, so when OR/AS were announced, I made a second iteration: the Confirmed Fake Rumor Catalog -- OR/AS Edition. With the OR/AS version came a new forum layout, which I will be keeping pretty much intact this time around (unless forum rules have changed once again since last time).

Okay... But what's the purpose of all this?
The point of this thread is to help people keep track of what is fake, in the hopes that we can avoid the same picture/screenshot/rumor being posted over and over again, when the item in question was debunked long ago (like the great deviantArt final Froakie evo debacle of XY).

Specifically, I'm collecting as much plausible fake Art, Scans, and Screenshots as I can find, and condensing them all into one easy-to-check reference thread (the key word there being 'plausible'.) If you find a rumor that seems really plausible and would like to discuss it, it should be posted in its own thread (9/29 Edit: Whelp, this was thrown out the window by everyone a while ago. Carry on.) ; if it is debunked later on down the road, it can then be posted here.

Well that all makes sense. How can I contribute?
Excellent question, my hypothetical friend! Below I have broken down what should and should not be posted in this thread in detail. Keep in mind some of this might change as we go along, but in general I'm going to try and stick to the format of this thread's predecessors. For now, however, this is what you should keep in mind before posting:

[IMPORTANT!] What Should and Should NOT Be Posted in This Thread [IMPORTANT!]

You SHOULD Post:
- Fake CoroCoro Scans: Every generation, it seems the fake CoroCoro scans get more and more authentic-looking, to the point that it can get hard for people to keep track of which ones are fake sometimes. These tend to come out more frequently when CoroCoro is due to leak, and can be debunked easily once the issue comes out officially on the 15th of the month.
tumblr_o3v78glU511td7219o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o3v78glU511td7219o2_540.jpg

tumblr_o3v78glU511td7219o3_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_o3v78glU511td7219o4_r1_540.jpg

Legacy Examples:
isthisreallyaleak2.jpg

isthisreallyaleak3.jpg
- Fake 'Official' Art: Fake official art tends to be the bread and butter of new generations, and I doubt Sun/Moon will be an exception. In general, this refers to things like fake Pokemon (Sugimori art in particular) and fake megas, as well as posters, NPC art, and the like. [I'm expecting more fakemon than megas this time, but if the fakemon levels get too out of hand they may get their own sub-category in the catalog.]
S1RqOIf.png

gdTr2U9.jpg
- Fake Screenshots: Exactly what it sounds like. This includes in-battle screenshots, overworld screenshots, title screen screenshots, you get the idea. Until review copies go out (which likely won't be until late October/November-ish, depending on what 'Holiday 2016' means specifically), assume any non-official screenshot you find is totally bogus.
actual_pokemon_oras_diving_mock_up_by_zenionith-d7lopsm.png

FdzV114.png

tG5pFSZ.jpg
- *Deceptive* Fakemon: Fakemon, fake evolutions, fake official art, and now fakemegas are mainstays of Pokemon, regardless of whether or not new games are coming out. However, people will often try to pass these off as legitimate new pokemon/mega evolutions (sometimes without the original artist's knowledge). Sometimes, they can be extremely convincing, while other times they are laughably obvious. The general rule of thumb is, if you see someone asking 'is this legit?' on more than one occasion-- or in more than one place-- it's safe to post here.
somnignon__fake_by_a_pinnari-d6nxfxa.png

fake_drapion.jpg
*The Drapion Mega's art (along with the in-battle picture) was made by a dA user, but someone turned them into a fake scan

You SHOULD NOT Post:
- Really REALLY Fake Stuff: I'll let a few super-blatant fakes in the catalog now and then (Ludiwampert, anyone?), but if it isn't convincing in the very least (or was obviously made as a joke to begin with), please refrain from posting it.
l%C3%B1el-jpg.7888
- *Innocent* Fakemon/megas: Unless the fakemon/fakemega is being passed off as real, or being commonly confused as legitimate in reference to the new games, please do not post it. However, if you recognize that a scan contains a fakemon/mega, feel free to post the fake in question with the scan as a reference.
IAdupBF.jpg
*The Chandelure Mega was one I recognized from dA; it was used in this fake scan without the artist's knowledge.
- Confirmed/Unconfirmed Information: That gets its own thread, obviously. Same for unconfirmed rumors.
- Legitimate CoroCoro Scans: Legitimate CoroCoro leaks will have their own threads for discussion and speculation. Putting them in here would be redundant and potentially confusing.
- Personal Speculation: This thread is NOT to be used to post personal speculation or 'What I want to see in the new games'. There will be plenty of threads for that.

That was a lot, but I think I got it. Still, is there anything else?
Yes, there are a few more things you should know before posting.

First, please check to see if an item is already categorized, or if someone else has posted it recently if it isn't. Once I add an item to its appropriate section, I'll 'like' the post of the person who posted it. It just makes everything easier, and you'll know at a glance whether or not I saw your post.

Second, please, PLEASE do NOT post images hosted by 4chan here! 4chan links are not known for their permanence, and the last thing we need is a reference catalog full of broken references. Either offer it as an attachment, or link it through another image-hosting website. If the image is large, please put it in spoiler tags.

Info will hopefully be categorized frequently, but keep in mind that I'm currently holding a job in retail, and as such I cannot monitor this thread 24/7. It may take me a while to sort out rumors as we get closer to release date, so I ask in advance for your patience.

I also make mistakes, so if you see a spot where I screwed up, let me know so I can fix it! Just like with adding new information, I'll 'like' the post of the person who brought the issue to my attention once it is fixed, to reduce clutter. Otherwise, I tend to post when the catalog is updated (especially if I haven't gotten to it in a few days), though I do my best not to bump the thread needlessly. I also search for fake information about once a week to get the most blatant stuff, but I don't constantly patrol the corners of the internet looking for fakes. So any help is really appreciated, especially as we get closer to release.

That's it! Thanks for your help in advance, and I hope this catalog will help you in the near future!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confirmed Fake Scans:
tumblr_o8rw9hHTnL1sv551qo2_540.jpg

tumblr_o8rw9hHTnL1sv551qo1_540.jpg

tumblr_o8rw9hHTnL1sv551qo3_540.jpg

tumblr_o3v78glU511td7219o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o3v78glU511td7219o2_540.jpg

tumblr_o3v78glU511td7219o3_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_o3v78glU511td7219o4_r1_540.jpg

sun-moon-fakes4.jpg

Confirmed Fake Art:
the_drawing_leaks_by_steffenka-dafb7ra.jpg

1469371724789_by_steffenka-dabbr0y.png

4chan_fake_leaks__pt_1__by_steffenka-d9x7vfh.png

4chan_fake_leaks__pt_2__by_steffenka-d9x7vb7.png

screenshot_402-png.9883

c6059129467948ed144ae07923a7d1217c1605b3.jpg

sun-moon-fakes2.jpg
sun-moon-fakes3.jpg

Confirmed Fake Screenshots:
alolan-cubone.png
alolan-persian2.png

alolan-persian.png

alolan-mantine.png

alolan-jigglypuff.jpg

hype-png.9979

sun-moon-fakes1.jpg

Confirmed Fake Type Lists:
guzma_leak_by_steffenka-daeqgkt.png

722 Rowlet (GRASS/FLYING)
723 Archoot (GRASS/FLYING)
724 Robinroot (GRASS/VARIOUS)

725 Litten (FIRE)
726 Pantherm (FIRE)
727 Beltigre (FIRE/VARIOUS)

728 Popplio (WATER)
729 Sirilio (WATER)
730 Sirene (WATER/VARIOUS)

731 Pikipek (NORMAL/FLYING)
732 Plukipek (NORMAL/FLYING)
733 Lumbird (GRASS/FLYING)

734 Yungoos (NORMAL)
735 Gumshoos (NORMAL)

736 Grubbin (BUG)
737 Charjabug (BUG/ELECTRIC)
738 Vikavolt (BUG/ELECTRIC)

739 Rockruff (ROCK)
740 Weruff (ROCK/VARIOUS) [ST/FY/DK/FT]

741 Bounsweet (GRASS)
742 Bountisteen (GRASS/PSYCHIC)
743 Bounsour (POISON)

744 Oricorio (FR-EL-PS-GO/FLYING)

745 Pawssum (DARK)
746 Possumime (DARK)

747 Comfey (FAIRY)
748 Leirie (FAIRY)

749 Cutiefly (BUG/FAIRY)
750 Adorasite (BUG/FAIRY)

751 Quakitt (NORMAL/FLYING)
752 Bonéné (FAIRY/FLYING)

753 Bewear (NORMAL/FIGHTING)

754 Komala (NORMAL)
755 Dormala (NORMAL/PSYCHIC)

756 Bruxby (WATER/PSYCHIC)
757 Bruxish (WATER/PSYCHIC)

758 Pesp (WATER/PSYCHIC)
759 Peskool (WATER/PSYCHIC)

760 Mudbray (GROUND)
761 Mudsdale (GROUND)

762 Minior (ROCK/FLYING)
763 Mightior (ROCK/FLYING)

764 Darline (NORMAL/VARIOUS)
765 Darwisker (NORMAL/VARIOUS)

766 Caterburr (BUG/ICE)
767 Parkoon (BUG/ICE)
768 Flycicle (BUG/ICE)
769 Hijakoon (BUG/DARK)

770 Snohom (ICE/GHOST)
771 Snorror (ICE/GHOST)

772 Delfin (WATER)
773 Porprise (WATER/VARIOUS)

774 Cumbersum (WATER)
775 Anenemie (WATER/POISON)

776 Mimikkyu (GHOST/FAIRY)

777 Togedemaru (ELECTRIC/STEEL)

778 Softle (GROUND)
779 Panquake (GROUND/DARK)

780 Shrimpod (BUG)
781 Wimpod (BUG/WATER)
782 Champod (BUG/WATER)

783 Goruggla (FIGHTING/GROUND)

784 Drakid (NORMAL/DRAGON)
785 Drampa (NORMAL/DRAGON)

786 Lumage (PSYCHIC)
787 Laspell (PSYCHIC)
788 Libraid (PSYCHIC)

789 Fiddlob (STEEL/WATER)
790 Caluca (STEEL/WATER)

791 Badpole (POISON)
792 Salandit (POISON/FIRE)
793 Swindlewt (POISON/FIRE)

794 Germik (GRASS)
795 Peppire (GRASS/FIRE)
796 Triburn (GRASS/FIRE)

797 Fomantis (GRASS)
798 Lurantis (GRASS)

799 Fungkie (POISON/FAIRY)
800 Hallucid (POISON/FAIRY)

801 Cubbadge (FIGHTING)
802 Meritote (FIGHTING)
803 Stalute (FIGHTING/STEEL)

804 Hydratom (NORMAL/WATER)
805 Posatom (FIRE/WATER)
806 Negatom (ELECTRIC/WATER)

807 Scruluse (STEEL)
808 Structor (STEEL)

809 Crypti (ICE/FIGHTING)

810 Dustrance (FAIRY/GROUND)

811 Guardrake (DRAGON)
812 Guaroyal (DRAGON)
813 Torgoyle (DRAGON/FIGHTING)
814 Forgoyle (DRAGON/STEEL)

815 Cosmot (DARK/ELECTRIC)
816 Spectrodon (DARK/ELECTRIC)
817 Quasaur (DARK/ELECTRIC)

818 Tapu Koko (ELECTRIC/FAIRY)
819 Tapu Pipi (FIRE/FAIRY)
820 Tapu Poloka (PSYCHIC/FAIRY)
821 Tapu Mano (GHOST/FAIRY)

822 Solgaleo (PSYCHIC/STEEL)
823 Lunala (PSYCHIC/GHOST)
824 Malshadow (DARK/FIRE)

825 Magearna (STEEL/FAIRY)

*More sections may be added as information comes out*

Last edited:

Celever

Wheeeee~
Thank you for posting this thread, @Kitana Coldfire! This will be an excellent resource to have, so it's been awarded a sticky! <3

I'd like to ask any members who find compelling rumours to post them in their own thread with the "Rumor" prefix as opposed to posting them straight here. This will allow some discussion to happen on them. If they are confirmed fake, they will be merged into this resource and the OP will be updated. :)

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
A lot of people think that this game connects with XY in some way.

Oh and here's a list of fakemon in a video:

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
First off:
Thank you for posting this thread, @Kitana Coldfire! This will be an excellent resource to have, so it's been awarded a sticky! <3

I'd like to ask any members who find compelling rumours to post them in their own thread with the "Rumor" prefix as opposed to posting them straight here. This will allow some discussion to happen on them. If they are confirmed fake, they will be merged into this resource and the OP will be updated. :)

THANK YOU CELEVER~! All my hopes and dreams have come true ;w;

shut up I don't have low standards you have low standards

But in all seriousness, having this stickied will help me reduce thread clutter immensely this time around, since I won't have to bump it every now and then (though I'll still post if I change something major [example images, adding a new sub-catagory, alterations to the tl;dr, stuff like that]).

You truly have my sincerest thanks!

A lot of people think that this game connects with XY in some way.
Oh and here's a list of fakemon in a video:

I've seen this list in Japanese, but thank you for linking the video!

Back in the original XY catalog, I compiled unconfirmed rumors like this in the OP alongside their debunked counterparts. However, with the forum changes that came about around OR/AS, I dropped that aspect and only compiled the confirmed fakes. However, since this is now a resource sticky, I'd be more than happy to start collecting the unconfirmed fakes here again-- not for discussion, but as a reference point [a mod will need to get back to me on if I can do that for this catalog or not].

So until I get mod yay or nay on the unconfirmed compilation front, I'll handle unconfirmed but REALLY likely fake lists (like this one) the same way I did in OR/AS. I'll wait until some confirmed true info comes out (usually via CoroCoro) and then compare it to the list in question; if/when the info doesn't match up, it'll go in the catalog. However, if by some miracle it DOES match up (pigs have been known to fly around here once in a while), I'll edit the OP to link to the discussion topic of the item in question and leave it at that.

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
OP Update: Added some legacy fakes to the examples until we get Sun/Moon fakes in (the deceptively used fakemon legacy example may be especially helpful to people down the road).

And yes, those are B/W fake scans; and yes, I really went diving in the 2010-era posts to find them.

Don't say I don't love you all.

- Tana out

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
Changelog 3/11:
- Added 'Fake Scans' section (Feels like we're going to need it....)
- Replaced the OR/AS fake scan example; Legacy example is intact
- Cataloged some fake screenshots and art from earlier in the week

If I missed any fake scans/art from this week, please let me know-- or, better yet, just post them in spoilers so I can add them quickly.

(I'm also thinking of adding a 'fake video' section that will link various YouTube videos claiming to have leaked info later on down the line. Just a consideration at this point)

WitherSnow

I have no pokemon and i must scream.
In regards to the scans, they were debunked by the fact that they were not this month's CoroCoro scans.

The art/screenshots were found to come from dA in another thread

Link? We should start adding links to places that prove they are fake.

godzilla41

https://www.facebook.com/planetscizor
Who ever made these fakes has surely but a lot of work into it. But then again, they would never put box arts as silhouettes

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Found these on 4chan, all are (claimed to be) fake:
*Note: I uploaded them all to my sta.sh, so they won't be deleted unless I do so :)

4chan_fake_leaks__pt_1__by_steffenka-d9x7vfh.png

4chan_fake_leaks__pt_2__by_steffenka-d9x7vb7.png

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
What, no, I haven't been completely distracted playing/modding Stardew Valley for a month, what are you talking about? No, what? I'm not playing it right now, that's an illusion. What you're seeing is an illusion I swear.

Changelog 4/12
-Fake art section updated with the fake 4chan compilations (some are repeats, but hey, you can never have too many different instances for future reference should one picture go down)

That's all for this month. Once CoroCoro starts a track record of showing ~actual content~ of the new games, I expect the "leaks" to pick up more.

Also, I saw some fake megas on tumblr a few weeks ago, but didn't add them because I couldn't navigate the source site(s) to confirm the artist gallery.

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
So these just hit the Internet and since they were originally found on 4chan I would assume they're fake, BUT the formatting of the sketches is very similar to some Noivern sketches from the anime. I would peg them as fake, but you never know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also wouldn't be mad at a fire/fighting Litten evo with that design.

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
So these just hit the Internet and since they were originally found on 4chan I would assume they're fake, BUT the formatting of the sketches is very similar to some Noivern sketches from the anime. I would peg them as fake, but you never know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also wouldn't be mad at a fire/fighting Litten evo with that design.

Yeah, I saw those as well, but I'm holding off adding them until we get a hard evidence to confirm fake or real.

Kinda digging that Popplio final tho. Makes for a nice contrast to Samurott's manly-man beard >:3

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Yeah, I saw those as well, but I'm holding off adding them until we get a hard evidence to confirm fake or real.

Kinda digging that Popplio final tho. Makes for a nice contrast to Samurott's manly-man beard >:3

I actually like these designs too, but what irks me is how they conflict the typings found on the website as that Rowlett evo doesn't seem like a ground type, and neither does Litten. Popplio's also doesn't allude to it being a fighting type. It would also be kind of gutsy to make Litten's final evo to be fire/fighting too, considering the 600 other fire/fighting starters we've gotten. What really bothers me the most though is how the design for Litten's final evo seems to disregard the fact that Litten's face is essentially the alchemical symbol for sulfur, and it would be odd for GF to do something so obvious as that and just toss it aside and do nothing with it.

Either way I'm going to peg them as fake as they aren't picking up the attention they would if they were real and are being treated more as fan art.

professorlight

Ice Queen
The owl seems a stretch, really; the bow-arrow thing is too forced; the cat... well, it's just rehashing emboar again, but less fat, so, no.

The mermaid-seal, however, might make me reconsider my stance on popplio... if it was true, which it will most likely not be. I love the headdress; it's a lovely detail, and so is the color palette.
It's almost a shame it isn't real, but it's good to see I'm not the only one who wants a mermaid this generation.

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
I actually like these designs too, but what irks me is how they conflict the typings found on the website as that Rowlett evo doesn't seem like a ground type, and neither does Litten. Popplio's also doesn't allude to it being a fighting type. It would also be kind of gutsy to make Litten's final evo to be fire/fighting too, considering the 600 other fire/fighting starters we've gotten. What really bothers me the most though is how the design for Litten's final evo seems to disregard the fact that Litten's face is essentially the alchemical symbol for sulfur, and it would be odd for GF to do something so obvious as that and just toss it aside and do nothing with it.

Either way I'm going to peg them as fake as they aren't picking up the attention they would if they were real and are being treated more as fan art.

Honestly, I think we'll be able to confirm real vs fake as soon as we see Ash's outfit/traveling companion for Alola; look closely at the Litten evo sheet. The sketch with it warming the teapot has Ash and Pikachu standing next to an unknown girl with pigtails. If they don't reveal the starter evos prior to launch, this may help confirm/debunk the 'leaks'

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Honestly, I think we'll be able to confirm real vs fake as soon as we see Ash's outfit/traveling companion for Alola; look closely at the Litten evo sheet. The sketch with it warming the teapot has Ash and Pikachu standing next to an unknown girl with pigtails. If they don't reveal the starter evos prior to launch, this may help confirm/debunk the 'leaks'

I didn't even notice that! Great catch! So if these turn out to be true, then that girl would be our true rival in the games as Hau is clearly the Bianca/Shauna type of friendly rival that has the starter weak to the one we choose.

A couple of people mentioned how the starters have a circus theme to them when they were first revealed and these sort of seem to hold on to that with Litten becoming some strong man and Popplio still being a performance sea lion/singer (do circuses even have singing performers?). Rowlett's the only one where I'm lost, but it stayed true to the flavor text we got for Rowlett.

Kitana Coldfire

Tanatastic
Changelog 6/29:

- Added 3 scans of "E3" menehune fakemon

Found these a few weeks ago, but held off posting them (just in case they were an art leak a la the gen 5 final evos). They were originally said to have been shown at E3, but obviously they weren't.