RMT Concealed Fangs - OU Offensive Stall

Equinox

Stallwart Player
Intro

With Pokemon SM being out for almost two months, it's safe to say that the metagame has been gifted a much needed variety after the power creep of BW2 and the stagnation that ORASXY left behind. The Z-Crystals have made certain moves viable, and moves that are already good got quite a power boost! We also not only have gotten a bunch of good Offensive Pokemon, defensively we've also got probably what is considered the best wall, Toxapex! This Pokemon pairs extremely well with what stall already has to offer, and for me, stall itself is my favorite playstyle. However, stall is a slow playstyle that requires patience, and this team can do that, however, it also holds a trap...one that can immediately set up and sweep the opponent when the time is right. Amongst the poison and fire, can you resist sleep's sweet temptation, or will you fall to the concealed fangs that await?

The Team

645-s.png
227.png

796.png
748.png

113.png
302-m.png

Up Close

645-s.png

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off​

Landorus is a wonderful Pokemon that can make my Pokemon bulkier with just his ability alone! Besides that, Landorus and his scarf is used to put down fast or powerful wallbreakers such Tapu Koko and Pheromosa, and Landorus-T achieves this well, as powerful attacks from a base 145 attack stat is nothing to laugh at! Earthquake is probably the most commonly used move, as even neutral hits on your opponent will take chunks of HP out. U-turn maintains momentum, allowing me to dish a little damage while swapping to a Pokemon that's more appropriate for the situation. Stone Edge pairs extremely well with Earthquake, hitting almost all of the metagame. What Stone Edge or Earthquake can't hit, Knock Off can, and when it's a 120 BP move, it's pretty terrifying in it's own regard. Not just that, but Knock Off has its own utility, getting rid of Leftovers recovery and the power granted by Life Orb

227.png

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind​

Skarmory is probably one of the best walls that will ever live, it has been popular since its' birth in gen 2! Skarmory's typing pairs really well with the team, as Chansey, Toxapex, and Landorus are all able to sponge hits that Skarm couldn't stand and vice versa (works especially well with Landorus-T's Intimidate). Roost keeps Skarmory alive the whole match while Defog allows me to clear the field and keep my own Pokemon as healthy as possible. Stealth Rock is probably one of the most important moves on the team, it allows me to weak things down, allowing me to potentially take down the more bulky Pokemon with Xurkitree, or just weakening my opponent's down in general. Whirlwind, lastly, is used so that my team isn't set-up bait. This is especially important considering most of the team isn't built for doing a massive amount of damage in one turn, and can be detrimental in battle when going up against boosters, as well as abusing SR chip damage.

796.png

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Hypnosis
- Hidden Power [Ice]​

This guy is a thousand different kinds of awesome, the ability to come in, shut your opponent's Pokemon down AND IMMEDIATELY be able to get +3 Sp. Atk and +1 Speed in two turns can change the tides very fast... this is where the team gets its' name - one moment your dealing with bulky Pokemon and stalling to inflict damage, then BAM, you have an opportunity to send Xurkitree in and sweep! Hypnosis itself provides useful utility, allowing me to subdue my opponent's walls or faster bulkier Pokemon. However, the benefit that Z-Hypnosis provides is what makes this set so threatening! When Z-Hypnosis is used, it can not only put your opponent to sleep, but boost your speed by a stage, making Xuriktree an even more threatening Pokemon! When used in conjunction with Tail Glow, there are very few Pokemon that can actually stand up to Xurkitree. Thunderbolt is a very powerful STAB and is generally the go-to move. HP Ice is used so Xurkitree can nail certain Ground and Grass-types that think they can shut down Xurkitree.

748.png

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic​

Toxapex is, in my opinion, one of the best Pokemon from SM. Regenerator, Recover, amazing bulk on both sides of the spectrum, and a very good defensive typing means very few Pokemon are going to send Toxapex running, fortunately, Toxapex has Chansey to take most of the hits! Not only that, but Toxapex / Chansey / Mega Sableye form an amazing core! Mega Sableye being immune to both Psychic and Fighting-type moves while Toxapex resists Fairy and fighting and Chansey herself being able to sponge most SE hits because Fairy and Psychic are most commonly special attackers. Anyways, Scald cripples physical attackers while Toxic gets rid of other bulky Pokemon. Spreading status and taking hits is all Toxapex is made for, and this team really thrives off of that. Recover is for...what else? It keeps Toxapex healthy throughout the battle. Haze allows Toxapex to not only spread status, but cripple and ruin set-up sweepers thinking they can take advantage of stall.

113.png

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell​

Probably one of the most infamous Pokemon to exist, this fat pink blob of rage and despair laughs at and mocks nearly every special attack you can throw at it. In fact, while she's laughing, she'll poison you, all while recovering back her HP throughout the battle while you repeatedly smack her around. Think you can out-stall with status? Heal Bell will not only shame you, but heal the rest of the team of status conditions. Chansey doesn't even need worry about attack or special attack investment, Seismic Toss does guaranteed damage, helping chip down the opponent more after SR and status damage.

302-m.png

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off​

Finally, the Mega filler, Sableye is an incredible wall and is a total salt in the wounds when also having to deal with Chansey and Toxapex. Foul Play takes advantage of physical attackers hoping to turn into wallbreakers, then punishing them thus so with Will-O-Wisp (or just burning stuff in general). Recover is for...I don't think I need to say it a fourth time? Knock Off once again grants amazing utility, impairing Choice Mons, LO boosted Pokemon, walls that like their Leftovers recovery, and overall, provides more insight on what set my opponent is using.

Use the team!
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Hypnosis
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off

"Offensive stall" is the weirdest archetype ever...

You'll want to fit Protect on Sableye somewhere so that you can safely mega against Tapu Lele. Foul Play honestly isn't worth it.

Also your team really struggles against SubDD/SubCoil Zygarde, as Thousand Arrows means Skarm and Lando can't wall it. You might want to try Tapu Lele over Landorus, as it's strictly a better scarfer due to how difficult it is to revenge. Priority immunity would also be useful for Xurkitree, since you aren't running the superior Electric Terrain variant.

Otherwise, solid team with the classic Equinox weirdness.

"Offensive stall" is the weirdest archetype ever...

You'll want to fit Protect on Sableye somewhere so that you can safely mega against Tapu Lele. Foul Play honestly isn't worth it.

Also your team really struggles against SubDD/SubCoil Zygarde, as Thousand Arrows means Skarm and Lando can't wall it. You might want to try Tapu Lele over Landorus, as it's strictly a better scarfer due to how difficult it is to revenge. Priority immunity would also be useful for Xurkitree, since you aren't running the superior Electric Terrain variant.

Otherwise, solid team with the classic Equinox weirdness.
Yeah I was thinking of using Protect or Fake Out at some point, I've noticed in my battles that Foul Play just doesn't see much use, and Protect would allow me to scout as well as chip damage stall.

Lele sounds interesting, I'll give her a try, she does hit incredibly hard and it'd be cool to use her before she gets b&

Back