• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Competitive Pheromosa GX for 2018 - 2019 season

Lord_Darkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Hello readers. So I have been working on ways to put Pheromosa GX as my main deck to play at both standard and expanded events. I have been putting Pheromosa into other top 8 competitive builds to see how the deck runs going against things like Buzzswole (hehe), Zoroark and other meta decks.

I would appreciate the criticism to make it run as smooth as possible.

##Pokémon - 11

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Pheromosa-GX UPR 158
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 2 Trubbish GRI 50
* 2 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 4 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 3 Float Stone PLF 99
* 4 N FCO 105
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Beast Ring FLI 102
* 1 Professor Sycamore XY 122
* 1 Random Receiver DEX 99
* 4 Order Pad UPR 131

##Energy - 11

* 1 Beast Energy {*} FLI 117
* 10 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

To start, you want to go first every game if you can as you want to start putting damage down and use nest balls and mysterious treasures to fill the bench.

If you start with fighting fury belt + beast energy = fast raid for 70 damage. This kills most small pokemon in evolution decks and sets up the next turn against GX / EX pokemon with 170 if you get the 2nd grass energy and hit with cruel spike for 100 damage as the main attack. Beauty GX is an OHKO after 4 prizes are gone.

Garbodor is for saying no to all abilities.

Last edited:
Personally i feel like relying on Pheromosa-Gx as a main attacker will not accomplish enough. On the other hand having a copy in order to pull out the donk is pretty amazing especially in expanded. I play a single copy in my Ninja Box and it works amazing early for the donk or late game for the GX. Ask Gumballz whos beeen trying me out and i pulled the donk against his Buzzwole deck twice in a row over the course of 4 games. It can even donk Diancie prism star with the beast energy.

Why would you not run Aether Paradise Conservation Area Stadiums (to reduce opponent's damage inflicted onto your Phermosa GXs)? Your main attacker only has 170 HP (which is not difficult to hit for many/most top decks).

Also, given that Phermosa GX's main attack, Cruel Spike, only inflicts 60 damage, your KOs will not come quickly. So, you may need to consider some ways to boost your main Pokémon's survivability (e.g., Assault Vest, Hammers, etc.).

So after listening to you all, I made some minor edits that helped the deck see more improvement in win rate and survivability of Pheromosa.

Aether + Fighting fury belt is really good to combo with the confusion applied.

The hammers worked to be another option to grab for with order pad.

I found the beast rings for this deck to be not worth it and they never showed up too

Edits:

+ 3 Aether Paradise Conservation Area
+ 2 Crushing Hammer

- 1 Tapu Lele GX
- 1 Mysterious treasure
- 1 Order Pad
- 2 Beast Ring

In expanded i use the combo

Shaymin-Ex/Mallow to retrieve Beast Energy and something else i am missing (like float stone) in order to pull out the donk. I think it is something that you should consider. Unless you find something else that can easily retrieve Beast Energy but this is the best i found. I just think that it is great to have access to that 30 extra damage early on. Extends the donk possibilities.

Back