Community Team - Testing Phase!

RE: Community Team - Teammate Discussion

hail let's do it

Nah, I honestly see no reason to use weather on this team, Dragonite (or the set we're using) functions perfectly well without it. As for teammates, the Rotom/Scizor core could function well, because both have bulky sets that have been proven effective. I can elaborate more, if needed.

I suggest we go DragMag, then add in Scizor because it is arguably one of the best Latios counters, and we need a reliable defense to it because it destroys Dnite,

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Because this is a bulky offence, I put 252 EVs into HP, instead of Speed. This is a good ol' CB set otherwise, not much to look at. We COULD also do what SL suggested, doing Rotom as well as Scizor on the team.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight

I suggested this set because it is an amazing special bulky sweeper. If we happen to implement DragMag, Cresselia benefits hugely from Steel types being gone as well. Max Defense because you don't actually boost your defense in this set, and and the only thing that is commonly seen that resists Psyshock and Ice Beam is Slowbro, provided we don't count Steel types since Magnezone can take them out. Cress always wins the Calm Mind wars that it can wage with Reuniclus every so often thanks to its boosted up Defense, even if they pack Psyshock. This also comes in handy for killing the occasional Blissey as well.

With the Levitate ability, Cress is able to come in on Ground types that may threaten Magnezone and set up a CM on the switch, hopefully setting up the rest of the sweep. Keep in mind that Cress needs several CMs to even begin sweeping. While she takes a while to set up, the reward is usually a big old W.

Alternate options are Rest over Moonlight, because all the weather that's running around ruins her recovery. Its also a great way to take care of statuses like Toxic, which is common to stop a bulky sweeper like Cress.

I feel as if the team needs two things for it to work; Rapid Spinner to keep Dnite's Multiscale intact, and a Cleric. Who wants their Pokemon ended up burned from a lucky Scald hit for the rest of the match, or having one of the sweepers be poisoned of paralyzed, significantly reducing the possibility of a sweep? I sure don't, so we definitely need a cleric. Is there a Pokemon that can learn both Heal Bell and Rapid Spin? I'm sure there's something out there but I'm a bit too lazy to look.

My vote for weather? Weatherless. This DNite set doesn't need rain to function, and he's the star of our team. If we are building around him, then we shouldn't do something that would detract from the chance of a sweep from him.

Voting for both Magnezone and Starmie. Magnezone is absolutely necessary for that Dragonite to work because its only functioning off of its STAB move. Otherwise its an uphill battle trying to clear the field of Nattorei, Skarmory, Jirachi, etc. Starmie is also the best offensive Rapid Spinner in the game right now (Excadrill...) and its imperative to keep Stealth Rocks off the field in order to let its offensive game to really shine.

I think we should consider Hitmontop as a spinner. Hitmontop resists Rock, which is something were going to need if we're building around Dragonite. He brings Rapid Spin to the table, which is very very important for Dragonite. He reliably switches into Tyranitar, who is going to be a problem for Dragonite (especially Choice varients). He can either Intimidate physical threats such as Landorus, giving Nite an easier time switching in, or he could run Technician and do some decent damage with Mach Punch. Starmie would work too, but I feel Hitmontop should be considered.

The thing about hitmontop is that it isn't a very reliable spinner like Starmie. Jellicent, the best spin blocker currently, can freely switchin on Hitmontop, however Jellicent will not like switching in on LO Thunder(bolt) Starmie. Hitmontop might give a better matchup against Tyranitar and Landorus (I'm pretty sure Landbro's HP Ice and ScarfTar's SE won't break Dnite's subs at 100%, but Dnite won't outspeed Jolly Ttar until it's at +2), but we can easily find something that does the same job without loosing out on Starmie. It certainly worthy to note, but Starmie outclasses it as an offensive spinner. That's just my opinion though.

Going with Magnezone and Starmie.

So because things are slowing down, let's try to get a bit of structure here.

Due to a large amount of support, the first teammates will be Magnezone and Starmie. Please choose the Magnezone set you would:

-SubCharge
-Scarf

As well, the weather poll is currently tied at: 2 votes rain, 2 votes weatherless. Please give your input on this factor.

Finally, we have the first teammates poll. Every couple of days, a poll will be started to decide on the next teammate, with the most popular Pokemon getting a slot. For the fourth member (because Magnezone and Starmie are already present), please pick one of the following and put it in bold tags. Feel free to give an explanation if you'd like to.

-Offensive Heatran
-Specially Defensive Heatran
-CB Scizor
-CM Cresselia
-WishCM Jirachi
-Specially Defensive Jirachi
-Rapid Spin Hitmontop

My votes are:

SubCharge Magnezone and WishCM Jirachi

Yeah, I already voted in the weather poll.

RE: Community Team - Teammate Discussion - Teammate Poll #1 out

WishCM Jirachi and SubBeam Magnezone

Jirachi provides well needed Wish support to the team (especially Dragonite). SubBeam Magnezone is fast enough to take out all Steel types that would threaten Dragonite's sweep, bar Heatran and Jirachi. Because HP Fire is so vital to Magnezone's success I also highly suggest we do not use Rain.

Would we really need Hitmontop if we already have Starmie as a spinner?

Anyways,

-Rain
-SubCharge

Spammy said:
WishCM Jirachi and SubBeam Magnezone

Jirachi provides well needed Wish support to the team (especially Dragonite). SubBeam Magnezone is fast enough to take out all Steel types that would threaten Dragonite's sweep, bar Heatran and Jirachi. Because HP Fire is so vital to Magnezone's success I also highly suggest we do not use Rain.

SubCharge Mag can break through most steels without HP Fire. Pretty sure a spread of 152 HP / 180 SpA / 176 Spe lets its subs not be broken by Ferrothorn that might invest in atk while still having the power to break through. +6 Thunder or HP Ice is going to hurt Ferro anyways (too lazy to do calcs).

Voting for Rain and SubCharge Mag.

I've tried Scarf on Mag, and I don't like it. SubCharge is the way to go. As for Rain, we need to use a slot up for Politoed, which I would prefer went to something else. However, given that all of the guaranteed teammates would benefit from Rain, it could be the better choice. I still would like to see weatherless more, because if we chose Rain, Scizor/Rotom-W is likely going to be our core ;; (not that that's a bad thing, it's just not very creative). So, my votes go to:

Weatherless
SubCharge

Starboard Driger said:
However, given that all of the guaranteed teammates would benefit from Rain, it could be the better choice.

Dragonite does not benefit from the Rain at all, at least not directly.

As Hyperbeem pointed out, Hail and the ever-common Sand help kill MultiScale and they also negate Lefties recovery. So it does benefit, in a way.

SubCharge, CB Scizor, and Rain.

Although I would much rather have a Scarf on something slow like Magnezone (I hate being outsped) the main purpose of this one is to trap and take out steel types, so Scarf is not necessary. With Sub, it can also net one or two more KO's afterward. CB Scizor works on a lot of teams, and it works especially well in rain. It's an amazing revenge killer with a ridiculously overpowered priority STAB in the form of Bullet Punch. It works great in supporting Dragonite to take out top threats that might oppose it and netting an extra KO after Dragonite is killed.

Rain has won the weather poll, and we are using SubCharge Magnezone.

I'll give you the rest of today to finalize your choices on the fourth teammate. Currently, WishCM Jirachi is winning, but it only has two votes.

cb scizor and wishcm jirachi
cb scizor as it works well with dnight... jirachi cuz wish suport is nice
also a donphan with stealth rock.... to set hazards.. it can also cary rapid spin if needed

Rain :/ Then there is no point in not running Starmie as our Rapid Spinner.

Also we are probably going to need some hazards so I would suggest either Ferrothorn or Celebi because of their usefull electric resistance. Ferrothorn is probably a better option but Celebi is more offensively oriented.

I might suggest Rotom-W, it completes Peachy's defensive core from his RMT and works really well in the rain.

Blissey is also never a bad option on teams to sponge special attacks. I love using Blissey because if it's sheer ability to take attacks, and this team currently could use some special defense.

I agree with Hyperbeem, Dragonite/Politoed/Starmie/Magnezone is almost mandatory now. He also suggest all the right pokemon it is all about preferences. I would really like to see Skarmory on the team s our physical wall as it counters sand Pokemon good. But if we go with Skarmory Ferrothorn must me included because of the electric weakness.

Why not try SkarmBliss? I don't see a lot of Wild Charge so we don't need to worry about Blissey getting taken out by physical electric moves. Blissey can take special electric attacks all day long.

Back