Community Team - Testing Phase!

RE: Community Team (Take 2) - Vote for the focal Pokemon

Jumping on the SubDDNite bandwagon. For a first attempt at this, a simple, yet very effective, set like this would be a great way to start.

subdd nite (this will end up being a copy of reflections)

By a landslide vote, SubDDNite has won the vote and will become the focal.

Now we discuss playstyles, and which playstyle will benefit SubDDNite the best.

RE: Community Team (Take 2) - Playstyle Discussion

Agreeing with Shadow Sycther, have to go with an offensive build to take full advantage of Dragonite's strength.

SubDDNite is the definition of Bulky Offensive play, so I think that it should be the playstyle that the team is built around.

bulky off

Wow, this seems really unanimous.

This phase can stay up for another day to give any possible naysayers a chance to speak.

Although if I voted for something else at this point it wouldn't really matter, definitely Bulky Offense. As Peachy said, SubDDnite and a Bulky Offensive playstyle are kind of meant for each other. Personally, I love Bulky Offense anyway because of the ability to dish out hits as well as take them.

With a landslide vote, we'll be working with the bulky offense playstyle.

Next, we'll be deciding the teammates. Please post between one and five team members per post. Sets would be nice as well.

RE: Community Team - Teammate Discussion

462.gif

If you didn't know already Magnezone and Dragonite together resist all type of attacks (yep all 17). Magnezone also removes annoying steels which are only Pokemon who resist Dragonites only move Dragon Claw. Either the Scarf or SubCharge could work depending on the rest of the team.

oh. OOOHHHHH

Didn't read the op close enough, nvm. Let's see here...
[animate]485[/animate]
I think Heatran would make an excellent addition to the team, as it can take down any Jirachi/Celebis walling Dragonite (on top of having great synergy with it), while absorbing any Fire type moves aimed at Magnezone. Also, Magnezone can make any bulky waters trying to steal Heatran's lunch money run home.

I'm not too sure about the set so I won't post one, but I can see the specially defensive set or the standard offensive set fitting well.
[animate]121[/animate]
Now, I can see Latios murdering Dragonite with Draco Meteor, Magnezone with HP Fire, and Heatran with Surf. In short, it eats them all. Well, here's a Pokemon that can take it down real quick with Ice Beam, and spin away Stealth Rock which would otherwise severely damage Dragonite's longevity. Also removes Hippowdon and Gliscor. Here's a set:

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature (252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP)

- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Yeah, that's about it for that. I wish I could dump the SpA EV's into HP, but then it wouldn't OHKO Latios.

I don't think Gliscor would be half bad on this team either (it's got great synergy and it fits the theme quite well), but I'm far too lazy to post a set right now :L

Starmie can't OHKO Latios with Ice Beam even with Life Orb. Even with Choice Specs you only have about a 1 / 3 chance of OHKO'ing it if you have Stealth Rock up. 200 is the lowest you can go if you want to be able to reliably 2HKO it without Stealth Rock. If you are going to have Stealth Rock on the team, 100 is the absolute minimum you could go to 2HKO Latios assuming it doesn't have Calm Mind. This accounts for the Latios having Leftovers just in case it has that instead of LO or Expert Belt. I'm not sure what this does to your other calcs though without having to check the entire threat list.

Oh, how embarrassing. I reran some calcs and discovered you were right, it really can't OHKO Latios. I also found that Latios doesn't OHKO Heatran (even a Heatran with no EV investment) with Surf, and HP Fire isn't nearly as much of a threat as I thought it was. So forget Starmie :[

Not completely. It still has Rapid Spin, which keeps Multiscale intact. Even though the set has Roost, any turn Dragonite can either set up or hurt things is great for it.

Politoed is almost mandatory for using that set of Dragonite. Rain is the best weather to use Dragonite in generally. Secondly, I would suggest Starmie to spin away hazards that are in this sets way. Hazards are some of Dragonites problems, so it is best we remov them.

We're going to need to Steel-type killers, because they resist the only offensive move on the set. Obviously, Magnezone stands out among the crowd of itself, Dugtrio and Wobbuffet because it's nearly guaranteed to eliminate Skarmory. SubBeam Magnezone seems like the best, especially if we run Politoed because it does wonders at eliminating Ferrothorn.

Beyond that, we want to save conserve Dragonite's health for the late game. Any form of Jirachi with Wish (so specially defensive or WishCM) gives Dragonite easy entry with its Ground-type weakness, as well as restoring over 200HP to Dragonite should it have to enter the battle.

Speaking of weather, I'd like it if you could post if you'd like weather or no weather on the team. If you choose to have weather on the team, state which one.

For me, I vote weather and will be choosing Rain.

Back