Community Team #1

Who do we pick to build the team around?

• Ferrothorn

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Jellicent

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Blissey

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Zapdos

• Vaporeon

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Latias

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Politoed

• Total voters
Oh, AN also mentioned Bronzong.
Personally, I want to see the team built around Vaporeon, as I had wanted to do this myself, eventually.

You don't build around Ferrothorn, Politoed (only team style), Blissey, Zapdos, Jellicent, or Vaporeon. They're more additions than things to center a team around. You shouldn't be voting for any of these. You could make a team by just running Politoed / Latias / Ferrothorn / Jellicent / Chansey / ( Insert Something else).

^Aren't you quitting? >.<

But yeah, PDC has a point. You build around a pokemon in offensive teams, not stall teams.

This is terrible and enough of it to make me post. What is the goal here? I assume its to build a cohesive team based off of community post but the direction is not good. You shouldn't even be building a team off of a Pokemon (and certainly not Pokemon like Nattorei and Blissey), this should have started with vote for either: 1. Offensive team or 2. Stall team. Which leads to the next vote: Are we running a weather starter? 1. Abomasnow 2. Hippowdon 3. Ninetales 4. Politoed 5. Tyranitar 6. No weather. (if the community voted Stall and Ninetales, restart vote.) From there team members are added, protection from threats, making your own threats, how to execute your winning conditions, etc. Not jump on the bandwagon that you're building a poor rain stall team.

Pride said:
This is terrible and enough of it to make me post. What is the goal here? I assume its to build a cohesive team based off of community post but the direction is not good. You shouldn't even be building a team off of a Pokemon (and certainly not Pokemon like Nattorei and Blissey), this should have started with vote for either: 1. Offensive team or 2. Stall team. Which leads to the next vote: Are we running a weather starter? 1. Abomasnow 2. Hippowdon 3. Ninetales 4. Politoed 5. Tyranitar 6. No weather. (if the community voted Stall and Ninetales, restart vote.) From there team members are added, protection from threats, making your own threats, how to execute your winning conditions, etc. Not jump on the bandwagon that you're building a poor rain stall team.

Trufax. I came here just cause I saw that pride actually posted somewhere for once in his recent forum life, and my eyes were met with a rather displeasing view. Not only is the grammar/spelling in the original post lolsy, but this idea is just terrible. Not only are people throwing ideas into eachothers mouths saying that so and so suggested this, and so and so suggested that, but you're doing it in a way that just shows the weakness in this project, so to say. But oh my gawd really you guys? The professionalism of this thread is nonexistant, and if there were anyone who understood VG any better than your standard 8th grader, they should have been put in charge of this. I also noticed pdc is no longer mod, who just so happened to be one of the only hopes for VG, and even then this place was doomed since KG and Ken left. Great work on this one you guys, really. I am glad to see you guys are doing well without the only people who kept this place together.

@Pride: It was stated in the OP that we would be doing a stall team. The weather would be decided by the posters, and everyone seems to be going with rain. No one is building this team around one Pokemon. We never said we were basing the team off of Blissey or Ferrothorn. (That's the English name, since you don't know.) Now that we have leaned towards rain, this is when discussion of threats, synergy, and stall strategy begins, just like with any team building. But with any team, you always have some idea of what Pokemon to use. And everyone has a different idea. So this is what we are currently discussing.

@ The Assassin: Why don't we discuss the team instead of complaining about our VG section?

Ohey Blake, didn't notice you over there on your high horse. This is one of the first attempts to revive our VG forum in quite_a_while, and you're just going to rant on it? Sounds like a legitimate place to do it. I will admit that things are crazy now with the forums being revamped and all, but that is no reason to blatantly insult the VG community, as small as it is. And what does PDC being a mod have to do with our VG program? KG and Ken (And PDC, apparently) left on their own accords, and their quarrel with the staff is really none of my business. But if you're just going to poke fun and not even attempt to get us back on our feet while reminiscing about the "good ol days", then you really should never had been here anyways. And as for the VG mods, we can really do better than this. While I don't agree with how Blake said it, this really isn't the best way to reset the VG program. Basically making a thread that says "Everyone put in ideas for a team, go for it" just isn't the way to go. There really aren't any more excuses for the program. :/ But if you're not going to help, then don't post anymore. I want to know who I can rely on to help get this forum back in shape.
./rant
tl;dr version: Help or Shut up
Anyways, let's get this in motion again. I think we should continue working on Rain Stall, but as Pride said, not base it on Pokemon like Blissey, Ferrothorn, etc. Let's try to make this work.

safariblade said:
@Pride: It was stated in the OP that we would be doing a stall team. The weather would be decided by the posters, and everyone seems to be going with rain.

Good I'm glad you said that, since I already knew that. I'm saying the process is terrible and lacking basic structure. People suggesting things without any idea of what they actually plan on doing, rain developed just because it was being talked about not necessarily because its what people actually wanted to be doing, and the poll being added at a whim??? Why after just a handful of Pokemon are being talked about.

No one is building this team around one Pokemon. We never said we were basing the team off of Blissey or Ferrothorn. (That's the English name, since you don't know.)

The poll title...

Poll: Who do we pick to build the team around?

Who exactly is suppose to be confused by this?

P.S. You blew my mind with telling me Nattorei is Ferrothorn in English.

Now that we have leaned towards rain, this is when discussion of threats, synergy, and stall strategy begins, just like with any team building. But with any team, you always have some idea of what Pokemon to use. And everyone has a different idea. So this is what we are currently discussing.

But none of this is being discussed because of the process. Some of the mods are even confused by the process and how the team instantly jumped to rain stall (See here or here). The discussion is not going well because of confusion and process. This clearly was not thought out well before being decided on.

@SL
Blake is saying that the vg community lacks legitimacy because all the quality battlers have left (myself, kevin, ken, pdc, calum, and hyperbeem)

Apparantly some of us don't count? I believe most of our gym leaders last season did well, a majority of which have not left PB.

I will take partial blame for this going badly since I was aware of the activity prior to it being posted. I didn't realize it was going to get this messy. It was also the first time for us trying something. There are bound to be things we could improve on. As long as we learn on what these things are, things will go better next time around.

Pride said:
@SL
Blake is saying that the vg community lacks legitimacy because all the quality battlers have left (myself, kevin, ken, pdc, calum, and hyperbeem)

But is there a need to look down on battlers who lack quality and mock them?

Edit: Oh and on a side note, I find it kinda ironical how Pride has posted here already while SF is nowhere to be seen :<

Just saying.

Pride said:
@SL
Lol Hyperbeem.
Anyways, who cares if some of the good battlers left? You guys apparently are not trying to help when you ARE here. Like now. I'd much rather have battlers like Steadfast, TDL, TPo3, SL, and dragonexpert because they don't care about their reputation or whatever it is you guys can't get over. They care about bettering the community as a whole instead of having one or two praised battlers who don't do squat to help others.

safariblade said:
Lol Hyperbeem.
Anyways, who cares if some of the good battlers left? You guys apparently are not trying to help when you ARE here. Like now. I'd much rather have battlers like Steadfast, TDL, TPo3, SL, and dragonexpert because they don't care about their reputation or whatever it is you guys can't get over. They care about bettering the community as a whole instead of having one or two praised battlers who don't do squat to help others.

I'm not the best battler on this site but here's my take.

Pride is actually helping you guys in a sense where he's pointing out ideas as to how this could actually work. Stall teams are focused on a core rather than a single pokemon that the poll suggests.

Blake though is being a bit pushy without giving much insight to the topic aside from bashing it.

Honestly, reputation is a big factor when it comes to major stuff like reviving a community that is desperate for revival. Choosing the wrong people to head a section doesn't help. Demoting people who were actually very credible is digging a deeper hole into the grave. I may not know all the backstage politics you mods have but I'm certain that the guys that were demodded would have actually cared to help had you given them the right chances to try and revive it.

@NN
So much for the "head" of the VG section. Didn't even post once in this thread yet.

Though I'm not the one who actually has the authority to say it, but couldn't we just discuss PB's VG situation in a different thread where we could all share ideas rather than drop it all hear in a Community Team thread.

Putting the erm...current discussion aside, what exactly is the goal of this project?

I would imagine that it was intending to accomplish something similar to the forums decks in the tcg section, to teach more unexperienced players how to build a team and give them a good one to use as an example. However, that soon changed to bashing other people's ideas to bashing other people. I think we may need to rework this a bit and try again.

Dark Void said:
I would imagine that it was intending to accomplish something similar to the forums decks in the tcg section, to teach more unexperienced players how to build a team and give them a good one to use as an example. However, that soon changed to bashing other people's ideas to bashing other people. I think we may need to rework this a bit and try again.

Maybe start with a defensive core like Ferro-Cent which is like a nice basic defensive core for beginners and some experienced players.

Though I'm not the one who actually has the authority to say it, but couldn't we just discuss PokéBeach's VG situation in a different thread where we could all share ideas rather than drop it all hear in a Community Team thread.

Start a thread in Website Feedback if you'd like that to be discussed.

Choosing the wrong people to head a section doesn't help. Demoting people who were actually very credible is digging a deeper hole into the grave. I may not know all the backstage politics you mods have but I'm certain that the guys that were demodded would have actually cared to help had you given them the right chances to try and revive it.

We had our reasons for who got demodded and for choosing Steadfast to be the VG Head.

Dark Void said:

^

Back