• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Colorless M-Ray/Raichu/Jolteon

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 21
4 Rayquaza EX
3 M-Rayquaza EX
2 Jolteon EX
2 Hoopa EX
4 Shaymin EX
2 Pikachu
2 Raichu
2 Jirachi

Trainers/Supporter/Stadium: 30
3 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Lysandre
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Hex Maniac
4 Vs Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
2 trainers mail
2 Super Rod
2 Rayquaza Spirit Link
3 Mega Turbo
1 Special Charge
4 Sky Field

Energy: 9
4 Double Colorless
5 Lightning Energy

Strategy: Essentially your standard M-Rayquaza line up with a few additions to the mix. You have non ex attackers like raichu to be paired with M-Ray, and magerna is there to aid in the giratina matchup preventing us from playing double colorless. The loss of bench space is possible, so I do run Karen but I am not fond of the fact that it helps out my opponent as well. For this fact, I will want to run Brock from the new evolutions pack because it allows only myself to shuffle any 6 pokemon and energy back into my deck which is extremely beneficial. 2 super rod in the deck runs fine, Karen is okay but its a supporter and a card I would not want to use. One special charge in order if a lot of double colorless are discarded early game. only 2 spirit links are required because you can just mega evolve on your first turn if you had the proper cards in the deck. Please let me know what to add or discard from the deck list and I will edit as needed! THANKS!

*Sorry for the poor image quality, something went wrong*

mega ray deck.jpg

Last edited:

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
Since my first upload of the deck profile, I have since cut the amount of Megearna EX's to just a single copy, removed the minccino that discarded a tool attached from my pokemon and boosted the mega ray lineup to a 4-3. I have also since removed ninja boy in replacement of misty's determination. Ninja boy ran okay, but not at the speed that this deck prefers to run at. I burn a supporter just to burry back a shaymin or hoopa which sounds okay, but the deck is more interested in moving at fast paces with sycamores, N, and shaymin. It just became a card that I didn't really much care for. Misty's determination can discard a potential metal energy, in order that i search for a possible mega turbo for a turn one knock out which is the main goal of the deck. I felt that 2 megearna did nothing for the deck other than provide an additional bench space. But with cards like Karen (or soon to be brock) it wasn't really needed. One can do the job. Additionally, I upped the energy count from 4 to 5 and increased the turbos from 2 to 3. Let me know what any other changes to the deck are needed.

There is a remarkable difference in the way the deck is played after I made the changes. After play testing against myself to see how the deck does setting up, there is a substantial difference in the speed the deck did not have before. Having 5 energies and 3 turbos opposed to 4 energy and 2 turbos truly made the difference in this deck. With the loss of bronzong to the deck, it very much needed that added turbo to make the deck as mobile as ever. 5 basic metal energies may sound like a lot, but understand that many cards were lost in the newer format. When XY on format was the new "standard" we still had cards like battle compressor, ageislash, AZ, and other cards to rely on. In the new primal clash and on format, we are given what we have to make the best out of our decks. The MAIN ISSUE i had running this deck was inability to use puzzle of time correctly because I hardly ever have both at hand. Misty's determination helps A LOT late game because you can misty's for a puzzle, a mega turbo, a double colorless, and a lot more. If the last 5 times play testing, it came in handy 4/5 times. More updates to come on what could change in the deck.

Last edited:

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
Max Elixir is useful for heavy basic pokemon and when you have a lot of basic energies being used. The point of this deck is to power up mega ray as fast as possible, and you can't use max elixirs but on basic pokemon. In this deck, I only run 5 basic energies and making room for max elixir would be a bit tough. In the past, I have play tested the deck with max elixirs but then the cards become redundent because you also use mega turbo which uses energies from the discard pile. When making a deck, its all about consistancy and using both mega turbo and max elixirs become a bit awkward to play with. And jirachi promo where for one colorless energy, you can discard a special energy off you opponent and Jirachi can't be affected by any attacks including damage done to it.

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
Gotcha,

What about float stones? If you start off, unfortunately, with a Hoopa or they Lysandre up the Hoopa, how are you switching without them getting a prize card?

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
Not trying to doubt what you are doing, I like the deck and am looking at changing mine which is pretty similar. Just thinking about certain situations.

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah for sure man, and thats why i posted the deck list because I know theres a lot to be changed. And honestly, theres no real way of switching hoopa except with a double colorless attachment and retreating. Essentially, turn one I don't mind if my opponent lysandres my hoopa because the following turn i can use a DCE to retreat him next turn. I use special charge to get back any DCE in the discard pile, but unfortunately, i have nothing to retreat my hoopa. Additionally, i found out that when my opponent switches the stadium, I can usually drop the hoopas off my bench in favor of shaymin because then each pokemon on my bench has a 1 retreat cost which I'm fine with.

**edit**

If there was one card you put remove from the deck to make room for a switch or a float stone, what would that be?

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah for sure man, and thats why i posted the deck list because I know theres a lot to be changed. And honestly, theres no real way of switching hoopa except with a double colorless attachment and retreating. Essentially, turn one I don't mind if my opponent lysandres my hoopa because the following turn i can use a DCE to retreat him next turn. I use special charge to get back any DCE in the discard pile, but unfortunately, i have nothing to retreat my hoopa. Additionally, i found out that when my opponent switches the stadium, I can usually drop the hoopas off my bench in favor of shaymin because then each pokemon on my bench has a 1 retreat cost which I'm fine with.

**edit**

If there was one card you put remove from the deck to make room for a switch or a float stone, what would that be?
I am not a f

**edit**

Oh you mention Shaymin, but where is he in your list?

I am not a fan of Puzzle for the reasons you stated. In my deck I run another Spirit Link, 2 Float Stones, and another Special Charge. I agree that Brock is better than Karen, but I run Super Rod's for now.

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
Puzzle of time becomes extremely useful when reusing any items, energies or anything that was thrown away from sycamore. If i removed the puzzles, I could replace it with what you had mentioned. Right now, I am testing out what variant i like the most. So far, puzzle of time is really doing a lot of benefits for the deck.

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
Puzzle of time becomes extremely useful when reusing any items, energies or anything that was thrown away from sycamore. If i removed the puzzles, I could replace it with what you had mentioned. Right now, I am testing out what variant i like the most. So far, puzzle of time is really doing a lot of benefits for the deck.

You mention Shaymin, but I don't see that in your list at the top.

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
After going back and forth on what variant I liked the most, I decided to drop the megearna ex for the jolteon EX to counter giratina/darkrai which has become ever so popular in the meta right now. With lightning pokemon to my advantage, I have also solved the solution of yvelta decks that have also grown in popularity.

Ultra4ever

Aspiring Trainer
Here's my version of a rayquaza/jolteon/raichu deck
Pokemon 17
4x rayquaza ex (3 colourless and 1 dragon)
3x mega rayquaza ex
2x jolteon ex
1x pikachu
1x raichu
4x shaymin ex
2x hoopa ex
Supporters 9
3x professor sycamore
2x N
1x lysandre
1x Pokemon ranger
1x hex maniac
1x Karen
Items 22
4x vs seeker
4x ultra ball
4x puzzle of time
3x mega turbo
3x rayquaza spirit link
2x float stone
1x special charge
1x super rod
Stadiums 4
4x Sky field
Energy 8
4x double colourless energy
4x lighting energy

I'm really thinking about removing the 4 puzzle of time for 3 trainers mail and another special charge

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
Trainers mail is a must need for the deck. Don't get me wrong, Ive been trying to make puzzle of time work ever since i posted the initial deck profile, but there is just no way to make getting the puzzle of times useful late game. With battle compressor in format from XY on, it made it easier to dump cards in the deck you did not want and to only focus on things you need. Unfortunately we do not have the pleasure of using those cards anymore. In the end, puzzle of time doesn't seem like its meant for the deck. I switched the puzzles out for 2 trainers mail and a few other cards.