• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Chimeratic Deck (Zygarde GX + Silvally GX)

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Pokémon: 12

3 -Zygarde GX
2- Silvally GX
2- Type: Null
2- Regirock EX
1- Diancie Prism ♢
2- Tapu Lele GX

Trainers: 30

2- Brooklet Hill
2 -Field Blower
1 -Escape Rope
2- Psychic Memory
3- Scorched Earth
3- Ultra Ball
3- Fighting Fury Belt

3- Professor Sycamore
1- Brigette
2- N
2- Guzma
3- Bonnie
3- Cynthia

Energy: 16

9- Fighting Energy
3- Strong Energy
4- Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:
Zygarde GX is your main attacker, use Bonnie to re-use your GX attack and prevent your opponent from dealing damage to your active Pokémon. Deal extra damage with Strong Energy, Diancie Prism and Regirock EX. To charge the attack you can use Cell Connector or Turbo Drive. Use Scorched Earth / Professor Sycamore or Ultra Ball in order to get Fighting Energy in the discard pile.

Silvally GX can counter Buzzwole and Psychic decks using Psychic Memory. This deck is also a good match up against decks that exploit Zoroark.

The main reason for Silvally's inclusion is Gyro Unit, which gives each of our basic Pokémon free retreat. I think 4 Double Colorless Energy is necessary since both Silvally and Zygarde GX function better with it.

Search Pokémon with Brooklet Hill / Ultra Ball / Brigette + Tapu Lele

http://www.pokebeach.com/2018/02/sm6-forbidden-light-cards-sm6a-6b-pack-artwork

Possible techs:
Acerola: to retrieve bulky Pokémon
Skyla: to search for important trainers
Special Charge: to get special energy back
Zygarde Forbidden Light 49: another 1 Prize attacker
Oranguru: more draw support

Last edited:

Seth Vilo

Perspiring Trainer
OMG I love this and am so excited to use these two together in the near future. Obviously we don't have much to test with at the moment, but here are a couple thoughts I have for the deck in general.
  • Dawn Wings Necrozma GX - this is a thought I've been playing around with in Silvally lists. It basically takes the place of the Escape Rope to get your Silvally's out of the active, then retreat for free to what you want. Weak to Zoroark and a bench sitter stinks though...
  • Magearna - Great for switching Tools and neat in Silvally, but since you have Zygarde as your Fighting-type here, you don't necessarily "need" it to swap Silvally's type. If more memories are revealed to come out in the next set, it might be worth a look though.
  • Pal Pad - great for recycling Guzma and Bonnie in particular. I think you need more physical Guzma to be honest, in addition to Pal Pad. Using Gyro Unit you can more freely take advantage of Guzmas you draw, making them more of a Lysandre. Pal Pad also lets you cycle through Bonnie more.
  • Parallel City - so many decks have so much on their benches now, it might be neat to replace something with it. You'd likely discard it right after, but it can be used against your opponent to force a discard, OR on yourself to free up bench space for a Lele next turn for Bonnie #2 or something. Imagine wiping away a damaged Lele with Parallel, only to use Bonnie to both be immune with Zygarde again and prevent a Guzma-KO. Could be useful!
  • Increased Max Elixir - If you're running it, run at least 3. The other problem is that there is a good bit of Special energy in the deck you're likely to hit instead.
  • Multi Switch - this is a fun tech I've run 2 of in another Silvally list. Being able to throw a Silvally up in the active, Multi Switch and use Rebel GX out of nowhere for a knock out is always great if the opponent isn't expecting it.
  • Fire Memory - I think it's necessary, mainly for your aforementioned Golisopod matchup. Yes they run Guzma, but they also run Acerola. If you can't OHKO, you aren't getting knock outs at all. Using your own Guzma, Escape Rope, and/or Dawn Wings will get what you need in the active slot.
  • Fighting Memory - a little more niche, but it would be cool to have one or so to let Silvally take advantage of Diancie Prism, Regirock, AND Strong Energy. That 120 can spike up to potentially 220 if you have 3 Strong on it. Field Blower stinks, but it's cool to be versatile. Magearna could let you swap it out later.
  • Choice Band - this or Fury Belt is hard in a deck like this one. Time will tell, but I like Choice Band because it hits knockout numbers easier.
  • Octillery - could be helpful to find your Bonnies. Brooklet Hill makes this a little more bearable as a 1-1, 2-1, or 2-2. Drawing cards wins games.
I'll be right with ya doing heavy testing once this comes out in May!!

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
4 Bonnie is needed in the deck end of story.

If you want to use that GX attack to its maximum extent, you need 4 Bonnie.

-3 Scorched Earth (unnecessary)
-2 Fighting Memory (Not necessary, again)

+2 Max Elixir
+1 Bonnie
+2 Lusamine

Lusamine to get back Bonnies' and other such Stadiums.
Max Elixir because you need to get energy on the board rather quickly.

Robin Aisaga

It did occur to me that Fighting Memory could give Silvally an attack boost. But even with 3 attack boosts in play Turbo Drive would do around 180 damage, not an ideal number. You can't play Choice Band with a Memory attached. Hitting for weakness is a lot more interesting. Fire Memory is still an option if Dusk Mane Necrozma becomes frequent. If they make Metal Memory I would likely play that to counter Glaceon GX, Ninetales and Fairy decks.

Scorched Earth might be more important than you think. It is what gives this deck speed and consistency. Turbo Drive and Cell Connector both need basic Fighting Energy in the discard pile early game. Drawing 2 extra cards is a huge deal, look at how popular Trade has become. Scorched Earth has always been reliable draw support. Running a 2-2- line of Zoroark / Octillery is going to make this deck clunky.

Parallel City is a considerable stadium choice. It has a lot of uses like discarding your own damaged Pokémon or reducing damage from Grass/Fire/Water Pokémon. One con I want to point out is that reducing your opponent's bench does not go together with Rebel GX. Don't forget that you can K.O. a Pokémon with Rebel GX and still use Judgment GX after that.

Increased Bonnie and Max Elixer is something I will play around with. I strongly advice not to run Lusamine, a waste of time and recources if you run 5 stadiums and 3/4 Bonnie. Pal Pad is a better play if you want supporters back.

Last edited:

Seth Vilo

Perspiring Trainer
Another cool tech could be the Zygarde just revealed today! It's the 50% one that does 60 for a fighting+dce, and does another 60 if you've used your GX already. A neat non-GX tech for things like Ninetales, Hoopa, and other Zygarde-GX!

Robin Aisaga

I've edited the deck list a bit. I think this deck has a lot of options for different play styles. For example you could focus more on Silvally and run multiple memories. The total number of cards in this list is now 58. These spots could be filled by Bonnie or another Strong Energy. It would be cool if this deck becomes a thing.

Kalnhobbs

Aspiring Trainer
I am a returning player to PTCG. This deck is very interesting and seems like it would do well in the current format. How has it performed as you’ve tested? Any suggestions on changes once the 2018-2019 rotation comes into effect, as I see this deck will be losing a good amount of its support? Is the deck even really viable without scorched earth (combined loss of draw effect and source for energy acceleration)?

Robin Aisaga

I don't think this deck can handle the upcoming rotation... Silvally is an easy K.O. to the winner of the current format: Buzzwole. Zygarde doesn't quite hit the right numbers without Regirock-EX and Strong Energy. To be honest I've moved onto other deck ideas. Altaria-GX has the same attack effect and will probably be more viable with the upcoming dragon support.