Help Cheap and effective standard deck

OmegaHounDoom

Aspiring Trainer
I need a cheap and effective standard deck, preferably using Zoroark-GX(I have two) with no expensive cards(Tapu Lele-GX, etc.) I have a total budget of 30 USD.

Pleaase give me the deck list, with all the costs added up.(Please use TCGPlayer prices.)

Dude it one thing to want help making a deck, its completely ridiculous to expect someone else to do all the work of both writing the deck and then pricing it for you.

Plus I don't know if you even can make an effective deck for only 30 USD. That would leave you with an average price of a mere 50 cents per card

Well, the cheapest deck you can make without any Tapu Lele/s that *might* work out is Greninja. Optimal Greninja lists play 1 Tapu Lele GX right now so it's still very recommended. Even then, $30 is unfortunately too low of a budget to build a semi-viable Pokemon TCG deck. 4 Ns are already costing around $15. I suggest making proxies for a deck you want to aim for and testing that either on PTCGO or at a league near you (if that league let's you use proxies of course). First thing you want to do is save up for the staples like N, Sycamore, Guzma, 2-3 Tapu Lele GXs. Then work from there. Any deck not including those staples is relatively cheap.

Dude it one thing to want help making a deck, its completely ridiculous to expect someone else to do all the work of both writing the deck and then pricing it for you.
I concur.

I'd suggest you review the various Xerneas BREAK decks which are not costly and very effective. For any Tapu Lele GXs, you could substitute additional supporters. After your review, draft a 60-card deck list you like, post in the Deck Garage Forum for further feedback, and then you can price the cards you've selected for your deck.

I concur.

I'd suggest you review the various Xerneas BREAK decks which are not costly and very effective. For any Tapu Lele GXs, you could substitute additional supporters. After your review, draft a 60-card deck list you like, post in the Deck Garage Forum for further feedback, and then you can price the cards you've selected for your deck.
yeah but tapu lele is good in that deck because you can attach to it, to power life force

Golduck isn't bad and is cheap (maybe under $30). Psyduck confuses and can buy time for set-up. With CB, Golduck can 2-shot anything. Combo Octillery with Mallow and you have draw support and can pull any card you need (though if you pull a supporter you can't use it same turn). Throw in Starmie for energy recycling and your opponent only gets one prize per knockout. Volcanion's and Turtonator's weakness.

Make sure you have Brooklet Hill to get out your basics quickly.

You probably won't win any tourneys, but you will win a few matches.

Last edited:

Plus I don't know if you even can make an effective deck for only 30 USD. That would leave you with an average price of a mere 50 cents per card
I do have some ultra rares btw, but thanks for the advice.

Golduck isn't bad and is cheap (maybe under $30). Psyduck confuses and can buy time for set-up. With CB, Golduck can 2-shot anything. Combo Octillery with Mallow and you have draw support and can pull any card you need (though if you pull a supporter you can't use it same turn). Throw in Starmie for energy recycling and your opponent only gets one prize per knockout. Volcanion's and Turtonator's weakness.

Make sure you have Brooklet Hill to get out your basics quickly.

You probably won't win any tourneys, but you will win a few matches.
I have 2 questions:
First off, do you mean the golduck from sm base set? Also, what is CB?

First of all, what other ULtra rares do you have?
Second, Shauna can be used but is not recommended as a N replacement.
Third, I'd recommend pairing the Zoroarks with Hoopa and Umbreon GX. It actually works quite well.

I have 2 questions:
First off, do you mean the golduck from sm base set? Also, what is CB?

Yes, Sun & Moon Base. Sorry, CB = Choice Band.

I win a ton of matches online with this deck. It is easy and fun to play. Just gotta make sure field blower is included because Garbotoxin will shut down Octillery and Starmie and those 2 abilities are integral to making this deck work.

Back