Charizard

Charblaze

Aspiring Trainer
Has anyone noticed that Charizard from IFDS is the exact same as the original Charizard other than his pic.

It's a reprint of Base Set Charizard, so naturally Nintendo would remake the Base Set art (considering he's mainly there for nostalgia purposes).

why wouldnt they reprint venusaur and blastoise if they wanted nostalgia? i think they did it because of heatran in the same set

They're reprinting more cards, you know. The next set, Galactic's Conquest, is rumored to have another set of reprints.

Also, Venusaur is probably never coming back. Sceptile IFDS already covers Venusaur's old territory. :/

but venusaur is classic :/
stupid sceptile. first it steals meganium's job, then it steals venusaur's job (2x actually)

did you ever think to read the card? it only attaches to water pokemon.
and blastoise EX+quagsire TRR was just too broken. back then, that is game before the other person even gets to have a turn :/

I think that if they made a reprint of Charizard they should make a reprint of Blastoise and Venasaur.

Yeah I still have my original "trio" (Blastoise is base set 2 though). So this doesn't mean too much to me.

I DID see that Sceptile had the "Wild Growth" Poke-Power. Its attack is much better than Meganium's though

Yes, let us all reprint Blastoise. Lumineon is already LOVING that thought.

(For those who forgot all about Lumineon - It deals damage proportional to the amount of Water Energy attached to it, then sends that energy back to your hand)

Interesting how they decided to bring back Energy Trans with a Sceptile. And we already have the Wild Growth one. I bet they did that intentionally.

(For those who forgot all about Lumineon - It deals damage proportional to the amount of Water Energy attached to it, then sends that energy back to your hand)

And the fact you can grab their heavy hitters on their bench with its power to make sure they wont get away. (Unless they play something like AMU)

I was blown away by this myself.

You notice, though, that the graphics are actually new, albeit based on the older art? I bet Mitsuhiro Arita was sitting down and thinking, 'Wow, I drew up this art twelve years odd ago....'

yes you can. he is a reprint of a card currently in the legal format. think potion or rare candy. if its been printed in the dp format you can use it

joey said:
yes you can. he is a reprint of a card currently in the legal format. think potion or rare candy. if its been printed in the dp format you can use it

Not quite. It's Pokepower's become a Pokebody now, you see.

It's still a reprint, so yeah, he can use it. If it's that big of a deal, then he'll just need a reference (a copy of the card outside of his deck, or a printout from the Card-Dex).

Back