'Charisma of the Wrecked Sky,' Japan's SM7 Set Announced!

Wechselbalg

brb
Wow, Blaziken is super streamlined, it hits the "magic number" without any modifiers.

Altaria does look like a monster though either with Lance Prism or just by normally evolving your damage boosting Altarias. (Altough, if I'm not mistaken, the Altaria reprints will get released a month later in Dragon Storm or whatever that special set is called.) Latios is pretty good too and so is Steven.

Lisia's not that bad either, can grab Diancie and Beast Energy for Buzz, for example.

Last edited:

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Blaziken-GX - With Blaziken part of the set, dealing 210 every turn is not a problem (I am referring to the firestarter one). The other ones are unimpressive and garbage. 4 Geodudes
  • Altaria-GX - Just play a Y energy for anti-EX/GX counter. Although the AC is weird like Rayquaza. We have Fight Song Altaria, and Lance Prism is in Dragon Majesty, one month after this release. Dealing 110+ plus EX/GX immunity is possible. 4 Geodudes
  • Steven's Decision - We don't have N next rotation, Judge isn't powerful enough either. Perfect T1 Supporter. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Lisia - So, its basically an ORAS-themed set, right? Lisia was from ORAS. Anyways, searching Prisms is possible and guarantee one-of in... oh no! Buzzwole deck #BuzzwoleBuff and make it possible with Tapu Lele. 4-5 Geodudes
  • Latios * - Okay. Perfect for Dragonite-GX who commonly play Lance * to get out Stage 2s and Dragonite's GX atk which is the other way of pulling Stage 2s out in play. 4-5 Geodudes
  • PR Promos: My predictions were: Sceptile, Celesteela, Slaking, and Blaziken (for Slaking and Blaziken, use the Power Keepers artwork)

Mr. Rhyperior

So we have Blaziken GX and Charizard GX, but no GX cards for the other starters of those regions? I feel like that would be good for collectors to have the group and a mini set could even be based around Sceptile GX or Blastoise GX or any other starter that is missed out.

I'm still holding out for Groudon and Kyogre to have Prism Stars as Rayquaza had a GX, but they would make could GX cards too. I'm really impressed with our set so far.
For Groudon and Kyogre, I don't ses they're getting their Prism Stars. They don't have the flaming effect like other Prism Star does.

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Latias Prism Star is amazing in Altaria, it can endlessly K.O. Pokémon for just one DCE! For example you would need two fight song Altaria, one Altaria-GX and a Choice Band and you're already hitting for 220 damage. Don't think I need to mention Lance again, this deck is going to be great.

But wasn't there also going to be a set dedicated to Fairy? :(

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Also, with the reveal of Altaria, we should know the 11 GXs for our Celestial Storm set: Blaziken, Articuno, Electrode, Mr. Mime (x2), Banette, Scizor, Stakataka, Altaria, Salamence, Rayquaza

I suppose the only real question at this point is whether the two versions of Mr. Mime are supposed to be considered separate GXs

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Also, with the reveal of Altaria, we should know the 11 GXs for our Celestial Storm set: Blaziken, Articuno, Electrode, Mr. Mime (x2), Banette, Scizor, Stakataka, Altaria, Salamence, Rayquaza

I suppose the only real question at this point is whether the two versions of Mr. Mime are supposed to be considered separate GXs
Unless they decide to make one of the Mr. Mime a promo card, which I definitely think is plausible. Idk, I just really don't think they would reveal all of the GX cards from SM7 within a time spand of like 5 days. I could see there being one more GX card in the Japanese SM7, and then have the promo Mr. Mime remain a promo for a Mr. Mime GX Collection or something like that.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Blaziken: Interesting card, concerned about the energy discarding, but feel it has synergy with Reshiram's gx attack. (maybe might work with electrode as well)

Altaria: Immediate thoughts are Altaria is amazing and is probably the card I am most interested in playing from this already fantastic looking set. Its first attack is phenomenal, and even without Dragon energy isn't terribly difficult to set up. With all the dragon support having come out in Forbidden Light and here (Mysterious treasure, baby Altaria, etc.) this card should be positioned well.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
Oh gods! This batch of cards are all very meta relevant.

Blaziken-GX

Blaziken-GX synergizes beautifully with the Firestarter Blaziken. Explosive Flames is hitting that goldilocks-number with 210, which means it won't have to worry about Choice Band most of the time unless fighting other Stage 2 GXs. The first attack is meh and so is the GX attack, but I have seen people suggesting another partner for Blaziken-GX with a GX attack that you would be more inclined to use: Ho-Oh-GX
Ho-Oh-GX is a good attacker in the early game along with Kiawe, which give you some time to set-up your Firestarter Blaziken. And then, rather than evolving manually, you place the Blaziken-GXs in play with Eternal Flame GX. Though, would it work well enough? Perhaps or perhaps not.

Altaria-GX

I did not expect an Altaria-GX in this set, nor did I expect it to be frighteningly good. It basically has the same game plan as Zygarde-GX, but is much less resource heavy. And Altaria-GX is positively swimming in the Dragon support that there will be after rotation. It goes without saying that Altaria-GX goes well with the Fight Song Altaria, which makes Bright Tone go from a 3HKO move to a 2HKO move with 2 Fight Song and a Choice Band (hitting for 120). And considering the immunity Bright Song provides, Altaria-GX can definitely afford the slower KOs.
Lance ◇ also works beautifully with Altaria-GX, which allows you to get more Altaria in play than you could evolve from Swablu. This is what I would say what makes Altaria-GX go from being an interesting card, to an excellent card. Lance ◇ gives you more options, you don't have to worry as much as to what mix of Altaria-GX and Fight Song Altaria you will have to play.

Latios ◇
After Victini ◇, I was hoping to see more offensive oriented Prism Star pokémon rather than mainly supportive. And Latios ◇ is definitely that. All I can say is that Victini ◇ wished it had an attack as good as Dragon Fleet. This attack is a game ender in decks like Dragonite-GX and Altaria-GX. Both of those decks mainly focuses on 2HKOs (at least most of the theory builds of Dragonite-GX I've seen do), so suddenly being able to shift up the tempo with Latios ◇ will be huge. With two Fight Song Altaria around and a Choice Band, you can hit for huge numbers even with just one other Dragon-type Evolution card in play (220 damage).
Make no mistake, this a must-have in any Evolution-based Dragon-type deck.

Steven’s Decision
With N and Brigette gone, this will be the turn 1 Supporter. It is a perfect set-up supporter if it doesn't get checked. It will also force the opponent to either play a Judge to check Steven’s Decision, but also risking hurting their own hand and set-up, or leave to opponent's hand be, to play their own Steven’s Decision. At least I reckon this will get a lot of play, at least as a one-of.

Lisia
Lisia might be the least 'flashy' card of this bunch, but as we see more Prism Star cards, the more relevant Lisia becomes. We already have Buzzwole-GX who very much would appreciate having Lisia already, and as I described above, decks running Latios ◇ and Lance ◇ would also like Lisia. I think Lisia will be an interesting tech card for decks that run more than 1 Prism Star card.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Steven is cool. Powerful, but super balanced. Forces an N, which can't happen post rotation. Then again, Judge is even more disruptive.

Judge is more disruptive until the first prize cards is taken. What judge doesn't do (that N does do) is act as a comeback mechanic for when you are losing the game.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Blaziken GX seems boring, but I like it.
Altaria made the Energy type switch along with Dragonite, it seems.
Steven's Decision is pretty darn good, but as long as N is here, there will be no chance.
Lisia is definately cool. People might play it after rotation.
Latios <> is worse than its Latias counterpart, but 50x damage is still good.

Nice batch!

NightOfYuyuko

Next station: Brick City!
Steven will definety be a 2 off in most decks (maybe 3 in Zoroark), same goes for Judge. This honestly promises to be a fun meta!

Mr. Rhyperior

• Medicham - OMG! 220 for FF, KO most GXs!... It has 90 HP and Medicham must take 2 Jet Punches unbuffed to achieve this effect. You can do this with Focus Sash (in expanded), but you'll do -30 dmg from potential 220 dmg. And most std. Atkrs do 120-130. I am so sad on it. 2-3 Geodudes

Last edited:

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Ooh! Due to its high HP of 90, it can take a hit!
Yeah, sorry, no.

Edit:
Hold on, Spinning Kick has self damage, this is looking better!