• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Chandelure / Flareon / Reshiram

Deadrocks

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon
  • 4 Evevee [PF]
  • 3 Leafeon [PF]
  • 3 Litwick [PF]
  • 1 Lamptent [PF]
  • 3 Chandelure [PF]
  • 2 Reshiram [NXD]
  • 2 Victini EX [PS]
Trainers
  • 4 N
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Super Rod
  • 3 Pokemon Catcher
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Plasma Ball
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 3 Frozen City
Energy
  • 8 Fire Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy

The idea is to get Reshiram out with Frozen City to pile on the damage counters. Victini EX, and Chandelure are there to put Energies on the Pokemon. Unfortunately Frozen City only adds counters when energies are played from hand.

Leafeon is a solid player in the game, and a good backup.

-------------------------

Though the Pokemon themselves are the engine grabbing the energies, I have difficulty keeping energies in my hand after the Pokemon faint.

I find that my hands will be clogged with trainers, and no Pokemon or energies. I'm considering dropping the Plasma Balls, or the Ultra Balls for Level Balls. I notice most of the trainers utilizing discarding, which leave me less to work with during my turn.

Updated: 9/28/13

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

RE: Chandelure/Flareon/Reshiram

ok this may take a while to read, but at least consider it, I'll try and put reasoning behind each suggestion.

-4 Cheren (Not needed, it is outclassed by most other draw supporters)
-2 Cilan (Same as above, with enough draw plus Chandalure pulls it from your deck anyways
-2 Shadow Triad (taking out most plasma cards so not nessacery)
-2 Reversal Trigger (Same you don't want to count on your Chandelures being knocked out.
-1 Colress Machine (1 isn't going to do you any good its either 3+ or none)
-4 Plasma Energy (not needed as you shouldn't be attacking with chandelure and Chatot can use fire energy just fine.)

+4 N (Amazing early draw support and great late game disruption: 4 is staple in decks)
+2 Rare Candy (running stage 2 pokemon you want best chances of getting this up T2)
+2 Pokemon Catcher (Pure staple card in all decks you want to be able to target your opponents prime targets this allows you to do this.)
+2 Professor Juniper (Best draw in the current format: 3-4 is staple in decks.)
+1 Ultra Ball (you need to be able to search for those needed pokemon)
+2 Double Colorless Energy (your main attacker uses 2[C] attack, may as well have the best chance of getting it off T1)
+1 Frozen city (you only have 2 and seeing as its your main damage acceleration i would suggest 3 just for getting consistently as well as having it as a counter stadium)
+1 ACE SPEC (Comp search, Dowsing Machine or Life dew: every deck should be running they're 1 ACE SPEC, the exact one is up to you as it really depends on how you run your deck, but I listed what I think would be the 3 best choices for your deck.)

well there you are I hope these suggestions help your deck, use as many or few as you like, lets us know how your deck works! :)

Thanks for your reply! I can see Cheren and Cilan being superfluous in this deck for sure, thanks.

The primary reason I run Colress machine and Shadow Triad is that it allows me to place multiple energies a turn, utilizing the plasma engine. I did say is like to run more Colress Machines , so I'll take running 4 into consideration.

The Reversal Triggers can be places upon Chatot as well as Flareon. Chatot most likely will die , and I can use the triggers to grab cards I need.

I'll take those other trainers into consideration, and as I said I was considering running Rock Guard as my ACE SPEC, since it provides coiner damage.

(Posted from my iPhone. Sorry for grammatical errors.)

Yeah i agree with all of Cortel's suggestions, especialy with the supporters, N & Juniper are far superior to Cilan & Cheren, but I have a few other suggestions,

-2 Chatot/ +1 Victini +1 tool scrapper
Victini is the pokemon you will want to have attacking early on, accelerating energy early game with a lower risk of getting K.O.ed. Chatot really isn't too useful, I think you'd be better off with a tool scrapper.

-1 Eevee/ +1 Giant Cape? Might be a bit unusual but if your Reshiram could outrage for 160 damage it could K.O. all stage 2 pokemon & start O.H.O.K.ing some tough E.X's. And I'm not sure that you need 4 Eevee's if you only have 3 Flareon. Just a couple of thoughts, take them or leave them. :p

You may want to replace those 2 Energy Retrieval with Super Rod in order to get the discarded R energy (from the Blue Flare attack) back into your deck from which Chandelure's Ability pulls the R energy.

Also, what about replacing one of your Flareon with a Leafeon in order to counter Blastoise decks?

Pokemon
3 Evevee [PF]
2 Flareon [PF]
1 Leafeon [PF]

3 Litwick [PF]
1 Lanturn [PF]
3 Chandelure [PF]

2 Reshiram [NXD]

2 Victini EX [PS]

Trainers
4 Professor Juniper
4 N

4 Rare Candy
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Ultra Ball
2 Super Rod
2 Switch
2 Plasma Ball
1 Tool Scrapper
1 Giant Cape
1 Rock Guard

3 Frozen City

Energy
8 Fire Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

Well I'll give this a shot! I'll post some updates after testing it out!

IMHO, neither Giant Cape nor Rock Guard are worth the investment of 2 slots since your opponent can easily Scrapper either/both away. I'd suggest your replace those with a) 1 Colress (for more card draw support) and 1 Skyla (fantastic Supporter, especially in Stage 2 decks); or b) 2 Skyla.

Also, do you really think Flareon's damage output will be adequate (doesn't seem like Flareon can 1HKO any non-grass/metal Poké, but many Poké can 1HKO Flareon)? After your playtesting, I'll be curious to hear any feedback you might have in this regards.

TuxedoBlack said:
IMHO, neither Giant Cape nor Rock Guard are worth the investment of 2 slots since your opponent can easily Scrapper either/both away. I'd suggest your replace those with 1 Colress & 1 Skyla.

I'd suggest to replace Rock Guard with another ACE Spec instead, like Computer Search or Dowsing Machine.

TuxedoBlack said:
IMHO, neither Giant Cape nor Rock Guard are worth the investment of 2 slots since your opponent can easily Scrapper either/both away. I'd suggest your replace those with a) 1 Colress (for more card draw support) and 1 Skyla (fantastic Supporter, especially in Stage 2 decks); or b) 2 Skyla.

Also, do you really think Flareon's damage output will be adequate (doesn't seem like Flareon can 1HKO any non-grass/metal Poké, but many Poké can 1HKO Flareon)? After your playtesting, I'll be curious to hear any feedback you might have in this regards.

Skyla does seem like a solid addition to the deck for sure! I'm rather new, so I still don't know all the good trainers for this meta.

Originally this deck was a bit more Pokemon heavy for Flareon, I can see him being solid in the end game, though it's all theoretical. I'm actually trying to build this in PTCGO before investing in the cards, so I haven't been able to test it yet, almost there though.

Luispipe8 said:
TuxedoBlack said:
IMHO, neither Giant Cape nor Rock Guard are worth the investment of 2 slots since your opponent can easily Scrapper either/both away. I'd suggest your replace those with 1 Colress & 1 Skyla.

I'd suggest to replace Rock Guard with another ACE Spec instead, like Computer Search or Dowsing Machine.

I could see Rock Guard being solid, especially with Frozen City. Though I'll try to test out those other suggestions.

Well I've done a couple test plays. I've decided to run 3 Leafeon, instead of Flareon. He's a much bigger player, than Flareon.

I've also found I've had difficulty with my energies, but I do need to get a little more used to the deck! I'm considering trying to fit in another super rod, or another Skyla.

Pokemon
  • 4 Evevee [PF]
  • 3 Leafeon [PF]
  • 3 Litwick [PF]
  • 1 Lamptent [PF]
  • 3 Chandelure [PF]
  • 2 Reshiram [NXD]
  • 2 Victini EX [PS]
Trainers
  • 4 N
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Super Rod
  • 3 Pokemon Catcher
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Plasma Ball
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 3 Frozen City
Energy
  • 8 Fire Energy
--------------------

So the above list is what I tried running today against some people at my locals. I've found that really lacks speed, it lacks some oomph.

Though the Pokemon themselves are the engine grabbing the energies, I have difficulty keeping energies in my hand after the Pokemon faint.

I find that my hands will be clogged with trainers, and no Pokemon or energies. I'm considering dropping the Plasma Balls, or the Ultra Balls for Level Balls. I notice most of the trainers utilizing discarding, which leave me less to work with during my turn.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

What about White Kyurem EX (PS)? White inferno is similar to Outrage, but he's a little bit bigger of a player than Reshiram.

See first post.

Here's another variant I've considered. What do you guys think of it?

Pokemon
  • 2 Evevee [PF]
  • 2 Leafeon [PF]
  • 3 Litwick [PF]
  • 1 Lamptent [PF]
  • 3 Chandelure [PF]
  • 2 Reshiram [NXD]
  • 2 Victini EX [PS]
  • 2 Manaphy [PS]
  • 2 White Kyurem EX [PS] or Mewtwo EX [NXD]
Trainers
  • 4 N
  • 2 Cheren
  • 2 Professor Juniper
  • 3 Super Rod
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Pokemon Catcher
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Skyla
  • 3 Frozen City
Energy
  • 8 Fire Energy
  • 4 Water Energy

Deadrocks said:
Here's another variant I've considered. What do you guys think of it?

Pokemon
  • 2 Evevee [PF]
  • 2 Leafeon [PF]
  • 3 Litwick [PF]
  • 1 Lamptent [PF]
  • 3 Chandelure [PF]
  • 2 Reshiram [NXD]
  • 2 Victini EX [PS]
  • 2 Manaphy [PS]
  • 2 White Kyurem EX [PS] or Mewtwo EX [NXD]
Trainers
  • 4 N
  • 2 Cheren
  • 2 Professor Juniper
  • 3 Super Rod
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Pokemon Catcher
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Skyla
  • 3 Frozen City
Energy
  • 8 Fire Energy
  • 4 Water Energy

This variant doesn't have an Ace Spec... Maybe take out a Frozen City to add it?

I'm not sure how effective Manaphy ("low" HP and weak to L Poké attacks) will actually be, especially if you only need 1 W energy on WKEX to fuel its White Inferno attack. I would think an Energy Search and Energy Retrieval would better serve you. You may also want to replace 1 Super Rod for another Energy Retrieval/Search just to get W energy.

I've actually played against a Chandelure-WKEX deck and it can easily hit for 150+ damage, but you need to really manage the damage you place on your WKEX well.

WKEX also provides a counter to Blastoise's BKEX too. Hmmm... please let us know your playtest results for this match. Thanks.

Back