• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard CFTC Sylveon GX

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Decklist:

oh hecc this is expanded now

lol dont play this its bad

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 8
* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 3 Sylveon GX GRI 92
* 1 Hoopa SLG 55

##Trainer Cards - 42
* 4 Crushing Hammer
* 4 Enhanced Hammer
* 4 Max Potion
* 4 Puzzle Of Time
* 4 Team Flare Grunt
* 3 Lusamine
* 3 Acerola
* 2 Delinquent
* 2 Team Rocket's Handiwork
* 2 Team Skull Grunt
* 1 Brigette
* 1 Counter Catcher
* 1 Field Blower
* 1 Guzma
* 1 Professor's Letter
* 1 Rescue Stretcher
* 1 Skyla
* 1 Super Rod
* 1 Weakness Policy
* 1 Cynthia

##Energy - 10

* 8 Fairy Energy
*2 Double Colorless Energy

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Strategy: If you are looking to build this deck, make sure you don't have any friends. They will hate you afterwards, so prepare for the worst. With that quick introduction aside, Sylveon is a stage 1 GX that has 2 extremely powerful attacks. Paired with the Energy Evolution Eevee(EEEvee), this deck can make for some incredible mill strategy. What you want to do is to use Magical Ribbon to get 3 cards of your choice from your deck. Those cards can be discard cards, disruption cards, energy-removal cards, and/or retrieval cards. This deck is designed to deck out your opponent. Expect some pretty salty players afterward!

Level of difficulty: Expert. With Sylveon (AKA Skillveon), you need to be able to predict what your opponent is going to do. This could mean life or death. I only got 4-3-1 with this and I am a pretty good player. It was my fault, not the deck's. Most of the time, you will be questioning yourself.

Cost: $ (it's pretty cheap)

(refer to the CFTC main page here for explanations {which will be up soon} on price symbols {what the $-$-$ prices represent} and what the "Level of Difficulty" words {such as Beginner, Novice, and Expert} mean)

Feel free to discuss, ask questions, or make suggestions! Hope this helps!

Last edited:

DLyne

OG TRAINER, DECK CONSTRUCTION GURU
Nice Build.

May I ask why 4x Acerolas, 3x Lusamine? I feel you could eliminate 1x each and could up your Counter Catchers or Field Blowers.... Since your deck is purely disruption, I imagine you wont be taking prizes as much so another counter catcher would be nice....

Add in Fairy Gardens? or Parallel Citys?

Interested in running this next weekend but I gotta deal with Expanded decks... stupid broken Zoroark gx/Eggs....

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Nice Build.

May I ask why 4x Acerolas, 3x Lusamine? I feel you could eliminate 1x each and could up your Counter Catchers or Field Blowers.... Since your deck is purely disruption, I imagine you wont be taking prizes as much so another counter catcher would be nice....

Add in Fairy Gardens? or Parallel Citys?

Interested in running this next weekend but I gotta deal with Expanded decks... stupid broken Zoroark gx/Eggs....
It beats zoroark because they only run 4 DCE. Acerola is good because if you have a DCE on a Sylveon, you can return it into your hand. Also, then you can acerola your only sylveon into a hoopa and stall even longer.

DLyne

I understand why you have acerola... but why 4x of them??... With running Lusamine, you have access to get them back from the discard... especially if you run an infinite loop Lusamine Combo(when using Lusamine, retreive a supporter you want and another Lusamine, then you can continually access supporters again with the new Lusamine)

I was only suggesting you adjust to 3x Acerolas and 2x Lusamines, then you could add in additional field blowers or counter catchers or an additional Guzma....

I also noticed no draw supporters.... Yes Sylveon lets you search but what if your opening hand gets no energy or birdgette to set up with??, Maybe add in Cynthia or N?... I always try to avoid Glass Cannon setups because i've bricked too many times so its best to eliminate your odds of bricking...

Alteration idea.... Add in Talonflame (Steam Siege), gives you an additional starter pokemon that can search off one energy just like Sylveon and also has free retreat... (Yes, it becomes useless after if you dont start with it, but maybe run 2x?)

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
The only questionable parts are the lone Skyla and the two Team Skull Grunt. I imagine it's for when you aren't sure what you're going to need, so you just take a Skyla to cover multiple options. I understand why the Team Skull Grunts are there (being a Wailord player), but think maybe two is a bit much. Usually, you can't get a very good Skull Grunt more than once a game. It might be better to cut one Team Skull Grunt. I'd probably put in another Skyla, but it's really all up to preference. I know how devastating a turn one Team Skull Grunt can be, but it's probably best left as a one-off to get with Sylveon, since it can be situational.

Overall, I really like this. The list looks really solid, so I feel kinda foolish even trying to critique it too much. My recommendation was mainly personal preference, so please keep that in mind. If you disagree, feel free to disregard me.

F4H_Jay

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I don't think you'd need brigette or weakness policy. If you facing against a metal deck its an auto loss, due to every metal deck has a way of getting back energy or accelerating it. Brigetee, if you only playing 4 eevee's, then I don't think you really need that card, its a slot that could be opened up for field blower or counter catcher, or one of my friends favorite cards in his sylveion deck which is red card.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
I removed an Acerola and added a Cynthia.

The only questionable parts are the lone Skyla and the two Team Skull Grunt. I imagine it's for when you aren't sure what you're going to need, so you just take a Skyla to cover multiple options. I understand why the Team Skull Grunts are there (being a Wailord player), but think maybe two is a bit much. Usually, you can't get a very good Skull Grunt more than once a game. It might be better to cut one Team Skull Grunt. I'd probably put in another Skyla, but it's really all up to preference. I know how devastating a turn one Team Skull Grunt can be, but it's probably best left as a one-off to get with Sylveon, since it can be situational.

Overall, I really like this. The list looks really solid, so I feel kinda foolish even trying to critique it too much. My recommendation was mainly personal preference, so please keep that in mind. If you disagree, feel free to disregard me.
Actually, the skyla is amazing against other stall decks, because you can search for a lusamine, pass, lusamine for another lusamine and skyla, and then you can skyla for team rocket's handiwork or something.

The team skull grunt is for the horrible greninja matchup. They return the energy into their hand, and then you Team Skull Grunt. Boom, that energy is discarded. It is also good against those decks like zoroark (enhanced hammer, team skull grunt, allows you to see their hand and discard a DCE or something).

I don't think you'd need brigette or weakness policy. If you facing against a metal deck its an auto loss, due to every metal deck has a way of getting back energy or accelerating it. Brigetee, if you only playing 4 eevee's, then I don't think you really need that card, its a slot that could be opened up for field blower or counter catcher, or one of my friends favorite cards in his sylveion deck which is red card.
The weakness policy is also for the buzzwole matchup. If you have a hoopa with weakness policy, it takes them an extra turn to end the stall. they could attach strong energy on the rockruff, fury belt, and 2 regirock. That is 120 damage with weakness, but with weakness policy, you can survive, and max potion, guzma, and enhanced hammer.

I understand why you have acerola... but why 4x of them??... With running Lusamine, you have access to get them back from the discard... especially if you run an infinite loop Lusamine Combo(when using Lusamine, retreive a supporter you want and another Lusamine, then you can continually access supporters again with the new Lusamine)

I was only suggesting you adjust to 3x Acerolas and 2x Lusamines, then you could add in additional field blowers or counter catchers or an additional Guzma....

I also noticed no draw supporters.... Yes Sylveon lets you search but what if your opening hand gets no energy or birdgette to set up with??, Maybe add in Cynthia or N?... I always try to avoid Glass Cannon setups because i've bricked too many times so its best to eliminate your odds of bricking...

Alteration idea.... Add in Talonflame (Steam Siege), gives you an additional starter pokemon that can search off one energy just like Sylveon and also has free retreat... (Yes, it becomes useless after if you dont start with it, but maybe run 2x?)
The chances of not getting a Eevee and an energy in your starting hand is too slim to not really matter. Besides, there are 9 energy/energy search cards in the deck, and 4 eevee. So, theoretically, you should get around 2 energy per hand of starting eevee. If you get no energy, you pretty much lose (unless you are going against another set-up deck).

Talonflame is kinda bad because if you don't start with it, it is just 2 completely dead cards.

Last edited by a moderator:

DLyne

What are your Mulligans like? Have you played this consistently without many issues? You only have 5 basics in the deck so i'm curious how many redraws you go through...

The Last Shaymin

Floof
I have to go through around 3-5 mulligans before i get an eevee.

not too shabby, considering that the mulligans help you, more cards drawn from the opponent.

j2y8n2x

Aspiring Trainer
Very interesting. I probably am not experienced enough to play this deck yet.

Forgive me if this sounds dumb, but... do you expect a lot of mulligans for this deck?
And... so you aren't attacking with Hoopa at all?
Is there really no point of adding Unit energy (fairy dark fighting) at all?

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Very interesting. I probably am not experienced enough to play this deck yet.

Forgive me if this sounds dumb, but... do you expect a lot of mulligans for this deck?
And... so you aren't attacking with Hoopa at all?
Is there really no point of adding Unit energy (fairy dark fighting) at all?
Seeing as this is a disruption deck, he will be more focused on getting his disruption cards into play rather than attacking.
Mulligans won't be too detrimental to Sylveon since he has cards such as Team Rocket's Handiwork that will take advantage of his opponent drawing more cards.
One suggestion I would have for him would be putting in Rainbow Energy. Not only does it allow him to attack with Hoopa but it gives him a chance to instantly Acerola one of his Pokemon.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Yes, I put in rainbow energy in my Sylveon/Spiritoumb deck because being able to acerola your Sylveon yourself is very useful. It isn't as great in hoopa because you don't "lock" your opponent, you just try and decrease the most amount of damage as possible.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Yes, I put in rainbow energy in my Sylveon/Spiritoumb deck because being able to acerola your Sylveon yourself is very useful. It isn't as great in hoopa because you don't "lock" your opponent, you just try and decrease the most amount of damage as possible.
How good is your Spiritomb deck? Just curious. Maybe post link for the list?