• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Buzzwole Help Please!

DyingEntity

Aspiring Trainer
So on Saturday I kind of ended up getting a buzzwole core..

I bought 3 Zoroark GX's and 4 Puzzle of time. Later that night a person offered me 3 Buzzwole GX and 2 FA Regirocks.

So I based this deck list off of Joey Ruettiger's Deck from the Sydney international list.

x4 Buzzwole GX
x2 Regirock EX
x1 Zygarde EX
x4 Rockruff
x3 Lycanroc GX
x1 Sudowoodo
x2 Tapu Lele GX

x2 Brigette
x2 Cynthia
x2 Professor Sycamore
x3 Guzma
x4 N

x1 Rescue Stretcher
x2 Float Stone
x3 Choice Band
x3 Field Blower
x4 Ultra Ball

x4 Brooklet Hill

x4 Strong Energy
x9 Fighting Energy

Basically I only have 1 octillery set so I just cut that out entirely. I also don't have either of the carbink cards so I decided to put in more lycanroc stuff as well as an extra lele.

I'm fairly poor in my opinion so I can't afford the max elixers so I cut that out and added other things.

Changes I'm considering right now are to put 2 professor kukui's in place of something like maybe 2 field blowers.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I shouldn't question monetary situations, but if you can afford Leles, you can afford Elixirs. Besides, you can always find kids who don't care about their trainers and get them easy(for once, I don't mean ripping them off. I mean giving them an ultra rare they'll be happy with). You really do need Octillery, and although you do need two, you have one down. And because of Octillery, you don't even need Cynthia. Honestly, there aren't really any ULP cards I would put in Buzzwole Lycanroc. You need your Sycamores, you need Elixirs, and you need Octillery. 2-2 Lycanroc does quite enough, since the deck usually plays 4 Guzma, mainly for the switch. "Well, what if you don't want to switch your opponent?" One of the 3 reasons why Lycanroc is there. I know you may not be able to afford Elixirs, but I will be 100% straight with you. If you don't play Elixirs in Buzzwole/Lycanroc, don't play Buzzwole/Lycanroc. This Buzzwole variant is very, very, very reliant on Knuckle Impact to win the game. Buzzwole/Garb(with Trashalanche) is the only real Buzzwole deck that can afford to not play Elixirs. It also utilizes Cynthia because of Garbotoxin turning your Leles off. It would probably suit your financial situation atm a lot better then this.

DyingEntity

Aspiring Trainer
I shouldn't question monetary situations, but if you can afford Leles, you can afford Elixirs. Besides, you can always find kids who don't care about their trainers and get them easy(for once, I don't mean ripping them off. I mean giving them an ultra rare they'll be happy with). You really do need Octillery, and although you do need two, you have one down. And because of Octillery, you don't even need Cynthia. Honestly, there aren't really any ULP cards I would put in Buzzwole Lycanroc. You need your Sycamores, you need Elixirs, and you need Octillery. 2-2 Lycanroc does quite enough, since the deck usually plays 4 Guzma, mainly for the switch. "Well, what if you don't want to switch your opponent?" One of the 3 reasons why Lycanroc is there. I know you may not be able to afford Elixirs, but I will be 100% straight with you. If you don't play Elixirs in Buzzwole/Lycanroc, don't play Buzzwole/Lycanroc. This Buzzwole variant is very, very, very reliant on Knuckle Impact to win the game. Buzzwole/Garb(with Trashalanche) is the only real Buzzwole deck that can afford to not play Elixirs. It also utilizes Cynthia because of Garbotoxin turning your Leles off. It would probably suit your financial situation atm a lot better then this.

I really appreciate the reply and the suggestions. As far as me able to afford 2 lele's , That was only because I traded in cards with my local game shop for the 1 and the other I got for $40 off a friend when I had the money. I had considered going buzzwole/silvally since the silvally would act as float stone for me.

and apparently Elixirs and Strong energy and octillery is extremely rare where I'm from. But if I have to sell my mostly finished buzzwole deck then the options I'm considering are

1. Zoroark/Lycanroc
2. Zoroark/Gardevoir
3. Trevenant Break (for expanded)
4. Quad Sylveon (just missing most of the trainers rip)
5. Zoroark/Empoleon

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Hold on, don't jump the gun here. Strong Energy is the only card of the three you listed that You'd be missing for Buzzwole/Garb(trashalanche), which has been proven to be super viable. If you do end up playing Zoroark/Lycanroc with no Strong Energy, I have a super interesting list.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I think @gumball51321 covered everything, but I just wanted to provide my input.

Even if you only have 1 Octillery, a 1-1 line is better than not running it at all. 2 Sycamore and 4 N are not enough draw power. This deck is meant to be aggressive and take Prizes early so I highly recommend adding 2 more Sycamore and 3 Cynthia while cutting one or two N. 4 Sycamore, 3 Cynthia, 2-3 N, and a 1-1 Octillery line will definitely make your deck more consistent.

DyingEntity

Aspiring Trainer
Hold on, don't jump the gun here. Strong Energy is the only card of the three you listed that You'd be missing for Buzzwole/Garb(trashalanche), which has been proven to be super viable. If you do end up playing Zoroark/Lycanroc with no Strong Energy, I have a super interesting list.

I've for the most part decided that if I don't play any buzzwole variant that I'm going to build Trevenant Break for expanded. Just because for some reason I can't stop thinking about it lol...

if I do continue to build a Buzzwole deck I am partially for the silvally for the free retreat... but I'm not sure. I'd need to see a list for the buzzwole /garb one.

and as far as zoroark/lycanroc I'd like to see that list too.

I think @gumball51321 covered everything, but I just wanted to provide my input.

Even if you only have 1 Octillery, a 1-1 line is better than not running it at all. 2 Sycamore and 4 N are not enough draw power. This deck is meant to be aggressive and take Prizes early so I highly recommend adding 2 more Sycamore and 3 Cynthia while cutting one or two N. 4 Sycamore, 3 Cynthia, 2-3 N, and a 1-1 Octillery line will definitely make your deck more consistent.

I'll try to play around with the cards again in a bit. I had the 2 Sycamore and 2 Cynthia because I kind of prefer her over Sycamore. I was considering doing 2 Sycamore 2 Kukui since apparently you can't have more than 4 professor cards? reason behind the kukui is for extra damage on those just in case moments.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I've for the most part decided that if I don't play any buzzwole variant that I'm going to build Trevenant Break for expanded. Just because for some reason I can't stop thinking about it lol...

if I do continue to build a Buzzwole deck I am partially for the silvally for the free retreat... but I'm not sure. I'd need to see a list for the buzzwole /garb one.

and as far as zoroark/lycanroc I'd like to see that list too.

I'll try to play around with the cards again in a bit. I had the 2 Sycamore and 2 Cynthia because I kind of prefer her over Sycamore. I was considering doing 2 Sycamore 2 Kukui since apparently you can't have more than 4 professor cards? reason behind the kukui is for extra damage on those just in case moments.

You can't have more than 4 cards with the same name. Professor Sycamore and Professor Kukui are completely different cards so you can run 4 of each.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
You can't have more than 4 cards with the same name. Professor Sycamore and Professor Kukui are completely different cards so you can run 4 of each.
This is correct. The ruling is that you can't play Professor Juniper and Professor Sycamore in the same deck. Even if you have them add up to 4 or less, they can't be played in the same deck, P E R I O D.
Here's that Buzzwole list http://limitlesstcg.com/decks/?list=614
NOTE: This was from Oceania internats, a week before Ultra Prism was legal. I would drop the Lillie, and an Acerola for 2 Cynthia, and you can take it upon yourself to drop a Sycamore or N if you want a 3rd. I'll get you that Zoroark/Lycanroc list shortly

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Also, don't play Trevenant Break. I wasted my money buying the core and now I can't get rid of it because nobody wants it. It also has a high skill floor and a low skill ceiling. It takes a good, and I mean good player to pilot Trevenant, but the deck 100% relies on getting a lot of specific cards in your opening hand, and doesn't yield much payout as something like Zoroark in expanded does.

DyingEntity

Aspiring Trainer
Also, don't play Trevenant Break. I wasted my money buying the core and now I can't get rid of it because nobody wants it. It also has a high skill floor and a low skill ceiling. It takes a good, and I mean good player to pilot Trevenant, but the deck 100% relies on getting a lot of specific cards in your opening hand, and doesn't yield much payout as something like Zoroark in expanded does.

That's an interesting buzzwole deck. few things I'm missing from it but it's interesting. I'm assuming the float stones are for the garbordor

But I feel like I could run a trevenant deck fairly well. I just for some reason can't stop thinking about it lol.. it's not even my favorite pokemon but for some reason I feel an urge to play it. item lock is just fun and then to try and ability lock basics would be even better haha