• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Buzzwole-GX/Regirock-EX

WastedSkyPirate

8CvOgn-l.jpg

BUZZWOLE-GX / REGIROCK-EX V1

Pokémon (10)

3 Buzzwole-GX
3 Regirock-EX
2 Tapu Lele-GX
1 Espeon-EX
1 Sawk

Trainers (37)

4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
3 Guzma
3 Acerola
1 Pokémon Fan Club

4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
4 Choice Band
3 Float Stone
3 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher

3 Po Town

Energy (13)

9 Fighting Energy
4 Strong Energy

Notes

Buzzwole-GX is one of the better Ultra Beast cards to be revealed and, considering its Jet Punch attack has been successful before (see Landorus-EX), there is reason to believe it will be a competitive card. The first question, however, is what to partner it with.

To me there are two different directions for the deck:
  1. Garbodor (BKP)
  2. Regirock-EX
Whilst I think Buzzowle-GX/Garbodor is probably the better deck, I'm keen to test the Regirock-EX variant upon release. The plan is to double down on the significant early-game pressure coming from Buzzwole's Jet Punch, letting you take KO's on big GXs from turn 2.

3 Regirock let's you hit some key numbers with Jet Punch, 2HKOing all Stage 1 GXs w/Strong Energy + Choice Band and, notably, OHKOing Zoroark-GX.

Sawk provides an out against Hoopa's Scoundrel Guard Ability (which I'm predicting will see a lot of play). Its Brick Break attack has the added bonus of ignoring additional affects on the Defending Pokémon (e.g. Jolteon-EX's Flash Ray). Plus, Quick Guard can buy time in a pinch.

Espeon-EX gives the deck a 'Plan B', allowing you to take advantage of Jet Punch + Po Town against Stage 1 and 2 decks.

Pokémon Fan Club is better than Brigette in this list as it allows you to grab 2 Regirock-EX.

Choice Band over Fighting Fury Belt for allowing you to 2HKO most Basic and Stage 1 GX's with Jet Punch. Plus, Regirock-EX and Strong Energy enable donks on non-GX Pokémon.

Po Town seems a really good fit for furthering the creeping buildup of damage on the opponent's board. At the same time, I'd love to include Brooklet Hill for getting Regirock-EX out more easily but splitting the Stadium line doesn't seem sensible...

Let me know if you've got any other ideas and comments.

Last edited:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi WastedSkyPirate,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Sawk (We do have better options here)
+ 1 Sudowoodo BKP (Watch and learn is a real nice attack in Buzzwole decks)

- 1 Acerola (most deck will be able to ohko)
+ 1 Guzma (nice offensive control card)

On a side note: Watch out for Silvally decks. Hope this provides some initial assistance.