Discussion Buying packs and/or Singles

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
So I am guessing there is a debate on whether it is better to buy singles instead of packs. Me, personally, enjoy buying packs because of the hype and getting code cards. A few local players suggest I should buy singles instead. Yes it would be cheaper and smarter instead of wasting money on packs and the possibility of getting crap pulls.

Do you buy packs, singles or both?

So I am guessing there is a debate on whether it is better to buy singles instead of packs. Me, personally, enjoy buying packs because of the hype and getting code cards. A few local players suggest I should buy singles instead. Yes it would be cheaper and smarter instead of wasting money on packs and the possibility of getting crap pulls.

Do you buy packs, singles or both?
I do both, i like collecting sets, and for base set and GRI i do have most of the set, which is cool but I buy singles as well for either full arts or duplicates of pokemon I might need. Singles is cheaper unless you pull insanely well. But I do enjoy busting open pack, which is why i go to as many pre releases as I can.

I do both! I usually buy what I need for my deck, but buy booster packs for the fun of it. Buying packs is a lot like playing the lottery, there's excitement to what you're going to get, if you're going to win big!! I did once pull a Hyper Rare Lele from a booster pack, so it can definitely be worth it, haha. But it's a lot of luck. Buying singles is cheaper because you know what you're getting and that you're going to use it. So I guess if you want to play competitively but you're on a budget, singles is definitely the way to go. If you have the cash, and are just playing for fun, it's a lot more fun to open packs!

Back