Pokemon "But how will the gameplay improve?"

psyburn

Wants arms for Tsu3
Ok. With all of the B&W coverage, there is a lot of nice things we've heard, like strangers talking to you automatically, camera shifting in battles, older protagonists, constantly animated sprites, and better 3D work.

The problem is...it all sounds like this will just be another aesthetically pleasing game.

Granted, we do have announcements of different abilities and attacks, but thats already an expectation. With the new aesthetically pleasing battle system, we can expect even slower paced battles than ever before. Now, in 2nd Gen, we've had the ability to carry items in battle, and in 3rd, we've been given abilities and double battles. In 4th Gen, the only real innovation in the battle engine was a tweak. Nothing else. That worries me about this gen as, while 4th wasn't particularly bad, it really dragged in that department. Thats the thing that worries me about 5th. I understand that it's too early to be concerned about anything at this point, but what do you think? Are all the announcements thus far all about aesthetics?

Back