• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Budget Guardians Rising Honchkrow Deck

FabulousShedinja

Aspiring Trainer
Hello, I saw this interesting card when browsing the new set

Edit: Adding another New card that needs a translation in the Tapu Koko card that was suggested in the comments thanks so much for your feed back.

429px-HonchkrowAlolanMoonlight30.jpg
429px-TapuKokoTapuBuluGXStarterSet9.jpg

It's the new Honchkrow Card with the very interesting attack "Raven Claw" it translates to: [C] [C] Raven Claw 10+ "This attack does 10 more damage for each damage counter on all of your opponent's Pokémon." and the Tapu Koko Card which has the attack Sprial Dive [C] [C] This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) Which is much faster and far more efficient than Noivern plus will be in standard soon, so I'm Switching Noivern for Tapu Koko even though Koko doesn't do as much damage and doesn't have a stall ability.

Raven Claw is a very fun attack, that can hit for high numbers with the right set up, it obviously won't be winning major tournaments but for my use of a casual game with friends I think it would be a good and very fun deck to run.

I originally tried to run this in standard with Yveltal BREAK, but ultimately decided that Noivern from furious fists was the faster option in terms of set up mostly because Double Dragon energy (not to mention I've wanted to run that Noivern for almost a year now) So I built the deck to be "As Standard As Possible" while being in expanded and my friends that I would play this deck with would be fine with. So that's why it is basically standard.

Edit: Cards I Cut Out have been Striked Out and Cards I am adding have been Bolded

Pokemon
3 x Noivern - FFI-77
3 x Noibat - BKT-132

4 x Tapu Koko
3 4 x Honchkrow
3 4 x Murkrow
2 x Oranguru - SUM-113
1 x Vulpix - PRC-20
1 x Ninetales - PRC-21

Item/Supporter/Stadium

4 x Team Magma's Secret Base - DCR-32
4 x N - FCO-105
3 x Professor Sycamore - BKP-107
3 x Float Stone - BKT-137
4 x Bursting Balloon - BKP-97
3 x Lysandre - AOR-78
4 x Ultra Ball - SUM-135
4 x Nest Ball - SUM-123
2 x Timer Ball - SUM-13
3 x Level Ball 1 x Special Charge - STS-105
2 1 x Special Charge
1 x Town Map - BKT-150
2 x Trainers Mail
Energy

4 x Double Dragon Energy - Special - ROS-97
4 x Double Colorless Energy - Special - EVO-90
8 x Darkness Energy - Basic

It's a budget deck so Oranguru > Shaymin EX even though I think Shaymin would work better.

I played with potentially running a 1-1 line of Ninetails from Primal Clash to keep Team Magma's Secret Base in play but ultimately decided against it, I added the Ninetails Since Tapu Koko frees up Space I also considered a 2-2 line of Octillary over Oranguru but decided it was too slow and clunky

Edit: I would have loved to run Noivern BREAK, however it's not terribly important in the deck as it provides no real immediate benefits to Honchkrow and therefore i decided to cut the BREAK. Irrelevant because Noivern is now Tapu Koko

Ultimately I think there are ways that this deck could be improved I probably have too many of certain cards or not enough of others, and probably some cards that I don't know that exist that might be helpful. Any Help is always appreciated and thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I think the new non-GX Tapu Koko would be a more efficient partner. It does 10 less damage to each pokemon but it's a basic so it comes out faster, only needs 1 energy attachment to attack and reduces the number of search cards you need to run. Only issue is it'll put pressure on your DCE supply, but it creates plenty of space to include things like special charge and/or puzzles of time for getting them back out of discard.

I think the new non-GX Tapu Koko would be a more efficient partner. It does 10 less damage to each pokemon but it's a basic so it comes out faster, only needs 1 energy attachment to attack and reduces the number of search cards you need to run. Only issue is it'll put pressure on your DCE supply, but it creates plenty of space to include things like special charge and/or puzzles of time for getting them back out of discard.

Thank you so much this is the perfect card I needed for this deck I have made Changes Accordingly!

Kyurem EX from AOR might work because it does 30 damage to each of your opponents Pokémon.
But Kyurem will be rotated soon...

Oh god this deck is going to terrorize my Gyarados deck if anyone plays this.
True. Any spread damage tends to kill Gyarados. A Mr Mime tech can help counter this though, as long as the spread damage is not damage counters but just damage.

Kyurem EX from AOR might work because it does 30 damage to each of your opponents Pokémon.
But Kyurem will be rotated soon...
The problem with kyurem is that its attack is wwc, so 3 attatchments or 2 max elixir/water patch and an energy from hand while tapu koko is a dce. Koko is more reliable and not an ex.

Back