• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Budget Golisopod GX?

Cutegummybear

Aspiring Trainer
Now that Golisopod has decreased a little in price, I wanted to make a budget variant. Here is my current list...

3x Golisopod GX
1x Golisopod
4x Wimpod
1x Tapu Koko
2x Oranguru
3x Latios

4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
4x Guzma
4x Acerola
2x Bridgette
3x Choice Band
3x Float Stone
4x Ultra Ball
2x Heavy Ball
4x Random Receiver

4x Double Colorless Energy
8x Grass Energy

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Never play 2 Oranguru. Trust me, it's bad. You'll never want more than 1 on your bench at a time, and it's not strong enough to warrant more than 1 for consistency. Random Receiver is also a terrible card, because you get absolutely no choice over which Supporter you draw, and your opponent gets to see every card in your deck until you reveal it. Brigette is also useless here, because you have no Lele, which means that your luck on hitting it first turn basically relies on drawing it in your opening hand. I would just play Nest Ball. It doesn't waste your supporter in the middle of the game if you need to get Pokemon ASAP. Enhanced Hammer is another really good card, since just about every deck placing well in tourneys is playing DCE or Rainbow Energy. And then there's Greninja, which plays Splash Energy, but you beat that anyway. Here's what I suggest:

-1 Oranguru
-4 Random Receiver
-1 Brigette

+2 Nest Ball
+2 Enhanced Hammer
+1 Float Stone(the more, the merrier)
+1 Choice Band(same principle)