'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

I already am drooling in excitement for this set. Half the cards in this set look like great additions and wonderful revivals to the meta.

Float Stone will fix the void left by Darkrai EX leaving and.. well Float Stone Leaving successfully saving my steel deck and possibly scoring a spot in other decks I build.

Super Rod is the literal card I was hoping for a reprint of most (outside of Max Potion, but I digress) as it fills in the one spot I felt was weakest in my beloved Gardevoir deck.

Parallel City sounds like a nice tech in any deck that fears Ray or Raichu and I think it would be a lovely card to splash in a deck just for the bench effect. Also, it seems like the Pokemon Company finally heard our cries and decided to BURN THE TOAD. :D

I <3 Noivern, no matter how nonviable he is in the meta perhaps I have found my next casual deck; FUF N0ivern + Wide Lens + Noivern BREAK.

On a closing note, that Skyla. There are no words. O.O I though Winona was suggestive, but that is a new level of extreme.

I like how they put the Sky Field Stadium as an example in the Parallel City description section just to point out the obvious...

Thanks for sharing the news and translations! I try not to post anything (too) negative here, but the artwork for that Chestnaught (not the Break, but the regular) is super janky.

I'm really glad they finally printed a Stadium like that Parallel City, although the overstaturation of effects is dampening my likings towards it. The amount of apparent reprints is quite interesting, I wonder how many of them will make it to English release.

What's interesting about Parallel City is that after you play it, your opponent can't change the orientation with their own Parallel City. Suddenly Paint Roller has a more specific use.

Well, Colourless Rayquaza is royally screwed, especially as Eggs are out of the format.

I'll be selling my stock of Ray pretty soon.

Judge is extremely interesting. Time to revisit a lot of those "If you have the same number of cards..." Pokemon

What's interesting about Parallel City is that after you play it, your opponent can't change the orientation with their own Parallel City. Suddenly Paint Roller has a more specific use.

Parrlel City almost makes 4 Stadium or 4 Paint Roller an absolute necessity in most decks, as very few decks can run on 3 benched Pokemon

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one freaking out about that amazing new Stadium mechanic?! This is going to give Stadiums a totally new field of possibilities. Also, I like the cards they choose to reprint. They add a lot more options to the game. So far, XY-on is looking VERY good.

Based on Stunfisk, revenge attacks could have a new standard of 100 instead of 90.

The website also reveals a Heavy Ball reprint.

Based on Stunfisk, revenge attacks could have a new standard of 100 instead of 90.

The website also reveals a Heavy Ball reprint.

If that's true I'm unbelievably happy. I've been hoping for another Heavy Ball for a long time. I'm so freaking happy right now about this set it's unreal.

Skyla... nosebleed indeed.

Parallel City is a really cool new mechanic. I'd like to see more stadiums appear like this. It's also a great counter for Rayquaza. Might be my new go-to stadium (for non-[F]/[W]/[G] decks anyway).

Friendly Rescue offers a minor counter to Flareon and Vespiquen and Night March. It probably won't save you from a KO, but it can at least annoy them a little... :p

Of all the cards revealed in this update though, Raichu is my favorite. Thunder Judgment sounds like it'll be a great attack, and Raichu Break boosts his HP by a decent amount. I don't think Raichu Break is too useful though. It's a nice powerful last-resort attack, but I don't see it being used outside of desperation or game-winning turns, just because of how costly it is.

Also I think I am one of the only people on Earth who likes the elemental monkeys. :p I am looking forward to seeing the Simi forms. Hoping they have abilities this time around. Or ideally they'd be Ancient Trait Pokemon... not sure if those are still going though.

Edit:
Oh, and the reprints. Super Rod's return is very welcome. I can break out my pretty Dragon Vault prints now for Standard matches.

Judge... is not quite as annoying as N, but still pretty annoying. I was kinda hoping to have a format for a while that didn't involve making my hand be open for direct assault (even though Red Card technically still exists), but I guess it's just a dream.

Last edited:
The new basic energy looks nice with larger, more centered energy symbols. I really hope they get released outside of Japan. If it means being thrown into XY Break: Break Through, so be it. I'm still disappointed they went with stock energy for XY.

New Basic Energy:

3Ap8pKT.png

Heavy Ball reprint:

rL6eeYV.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-8-12_8-50-4.png
    upload_2015-8-12_8-50-4.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 4
When did they get so... suggestive? That's really the only word I can think of.

When did they get so... suggestive? That's really the only word I can think of.

Well, they did say that they were reprinting it as it was a fan favourite.

Almost like they're doing fan ... service.

Damn you TPCi

To me, the Skyla card is really more cute than anything else. She's fully covered and it's not even a bad pose. Just because someone is well-endowed doesn't mean they're suggestive or sexual.

Back