• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Blaziken/Fire Toolbox

chef_penguin

Aspiring Trainer
I can't seem to figure out what would best complete this list that centers around Blaziken's potential for energy acceleration.

Pokémon:

4 Torchic
2 Combusken
3 Blaziken, 1 Blaziken-GX
2 Reshiram-GX
1 Turtonator-GX
1 Victini Prism Star
2 Tapu Lele-GX

Total Pokémon: 16

Trainers:

4 Cynthia
3 Guzma
2 Lillie
1 Judge
2 Copycat
1 Blaine's Last Stand

4 Ultra Ball
4 Rare Candy
1 Timer Ball
2 Field Blower
1 Fiery Flint
3 Choice Band
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Energy Recycle System
1 Energy Switch

Total Trainers: 31

Energy:

9 Fire Energy

Total Energy: 9

Total Cards: 56

As you can see, the main attackers in this deck are going to be Reshiram-GX, and either the Turtonator-GX or Blaziken-GX. Besides what is already in this list, I really don't know what else could be put in here to finish it. Some cards I have considered are:

Altar of the Sunne: Kingdra-GX or some other water type could become prevalent, but I ultimately did not want to add this because you wouldn't be able to hit popular metal types like Metagross-GX for weakness.

A second Blaziken-GX: This I feel would clunk up the deck a bit and take away from the potential setting up of the baby Blazikens, which are already essential Stage 2's.

Any suggestions?

I have started tinkering with Blaziken because any acceleration is usually good acceleration.

My early thoughts are that rather than a toolbox build, Magcargo is the way to go. Build your supporter line around Sophocles & TV Reporter where you will get Energy into the discard, and topdeck with pinpoint accuracy thanks to the little fireslug. It is tricky enough to get Stage 2s into play, nevermind multiples. Magcargo can be a godsend. You will of course, take early losses.

Focus on Blaziken-GX as the main attacker, with Ho-oh-GX offering alternate weakness, and a GX attack late in the game that can suddenly blow the board wide open. One Turtonator-GX for that GX. (A different build again, could focus purely on Turtonator-GX as your attacker - don't write off the effectiveness of baby Blazikens snipe damage combined with Turt's bounceback attack!)

Having a full line of fire opens up Blaine & Lysandre to be used, although they are not core cards. Lysandre Prism is surprisingly good I feel, and merely overlooked for it's niche requirements. But well-timed, it can really knock the stuffing out of a Malamar deck, or a Beast Box, or Rayq, or anything Stall.

But these are all experiments. I will let you know, if I find a build I am happy with.

Swap 2 Reshiram for 2 Blaziken GX. Blaziken/Blaziken. Make it work. Think about it: it accelerates itself. Two 1Prize Karate Chickens on the bench mean you hit 210 EVERY SINGLE TURN. An instant KO against EVERY SINGLE POKÉMON EVERY SINGLE TURN. It speaks for itself.
Looks good otherwise.

That's what I think. See --
*gets head knocked off by karate fire chicken's blaze kick*

Back