Discussion Best Partner/Way to Run Zoroark GX?

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Comparing Golisopod to Zoroark is absolutely not the right way to look at things.

Not only does Golisopod not have a detrimental weakness to the most popular deck in format, but switching from bench to active is much easier than filling your bench with 5 desireable Pokemon. You're not always going to be benching the right Pokemon to satisfy, and that can lead to clogging a bench space when you wanted to wait a turn to Lele for a supporter, or vice versa Leleing for a supporter too early just for the sake of 120 damage.

Golisopod GX also has built in tankiness with Armor Press, and Crossing Cut GX gives it the ability to OHKO 180 HP all on its own, which Zoroark GX can never achieve.

Golisopod GX also has an amazing basic starter, and Heavy Ball searches the full evolution line.

Lastly, Golisopod GX doesn't have any abilities, making Garbodor a much more suitable fit for Golisopod GX and an option that Zoroark GX will never consider seriously.

It's not even about the 120 damage at this point. Their roles in the TCG are just completely different altogether.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
We're both right in saying Zoroark doesn't stand a chance as a main Pokemon

Yes we seem to be in agreement of that now, but your initial argument to what Duo said contradicted that, which is why I responded to you in the first place.

In any case, sorry if I came off rude. I would rather promote good discussion in this community!

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Comparing Golisopod to Zoroark is absolutely not the right way to look at things.

Not only does Golisopod not have a detrimental weakness to the most popular deck in format, but switching from bench to active is much easier than filling your bench with 5 desireable Pokemon. You're not always going to be benching the right Pokemon to satisfy, and that can lead to clogging a bench space when you wanted to wait a turn to Lele for a supporter, or vice versa Leleing for a supporter too early just for the sake of 120 damage.

Golisopod GX also has built in tankiness with Armor Press, and Crossing Cut GX gives it the ability to OHKO 180 HP all on its own, which Zoroark GX can never achieve.

Golisopod GX also has an amazing basic starter, and Heavy Ball searches the full evolution line.

Lastly, Golisopod GX doesn't have any abilities, making Garbodor a much more suitable fit for Golisopod GX and an option that Zoroark GX will never consider seriously.

It's not even about the 120 damage at this point. Their roles in the TCG are just completely different altogether.
Would you ever consider Wobbuffet with Golisopod?

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Would you ever consider Wobbuffet with Golisopod?

Not really. While it's cool that you could float stone it and use it as your Guzma pivot, the fact that anytime you end your turn attacking with Golisopod means your opponent's abilities are back again makes it not worth it. Plus...it's an incredibly easy target to just knock out while it's sitting in the active. It simply does not have the same double threat presence that a Golisopod in active and Garbotoxin in the back does.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Not really. While it's cool that you could float stone it and use it as your Guzma pivot, the fact that anytime you end your turn attacking with Golisopod means your opponent's abilities are back again makes it not worth it. Plus...it's an incredibly easy target to just knock out while it's sitting in the active. It simply does not have the double threat presence that a Golisopod in active and Garbotoxin in the back does.
True also because Wobbuffet doesn't negate Leles :(

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer

Exactly. I was going to go more in-depth on the whole Golisopod GX/Zoroark GX comment, but you did a better job than I would've done.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Not really. While it's cool that you could float stone it and use it as your Guzma pivot, the fact that anytime you end your turn attacking with Golisopod means your opponent's abilities are back again makes it not worth it. Plus...it's an incredibly easy target to just knock out while it's sitting in the active. It simply does not have the same double threat presence that a Golisopod in active and Garbotoxin in the back does.
What about Solgaleo GX/ Golisopod? The Solgaleo line could just be 1 cosmog, 1 Solgaleo and some rare candy

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Espeon/ Zoroark? Espeon is a much more powerful card than Umbreon, and having a psychic resistant attacker along side Espeon just makes things better. I came up with this concept around Sun and Moon's release, but after playing a few games, I found out it was underwhelming. Now that attackers need more Energy to attack, it gives Espeon a chance to be decent again. And Zoroark GX is basically exactly what the deck needed at the time to be tournament level of power. once I get Zoro GX's, I'm going to rebuild and playtest Espy/ Zoroark and see just how much stronger it is. I think it's a good rogue deck at least. And no, it doesn't run like Umbreon/ Zoroark.

politoed12

Aspiring Trainer
I'm testing Metagross-GX/Necrozma-GX/Zoroark-GX. It makes the deck less reliant on Metagross and Zoroark plus Necrozma can handle Volcanion quite well, too.

Cific

Aspiring Trainer
I'm testing Metagross-GX/Necrozma-GX/Zoroark-GX. It makes the deck less reliant on Metagross and Zoroark plus Necrozma can handle Volcanion quite well, too.

I’m interested in seeing a deck list for this. As I also believe this could have some merit to be even better in this meta with Gardevoir being so prevalent atm.