Do you like Great Encounters?

• Yes!

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No!

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Oliv17

Terra Ferma is in me!
What do you think is the best Great Encounters card, as in rarity or use in the game. I think Darkrai is the best, it just would be hard to get him to work in the game, and he is rare.

there really are quite a number...
RC obviously..but i guess that doesn't count :p
Darkrai X is just awesome..the poke power especially..but gallade decks might just kill it too fast..
Cressy X is awesome too but would REALLY need the help of gallade to be effiecient
Claydol's Power is just awesome...it absolutely kills DWD and other distruption decks
Sceptile is not bad...2 energies for the price of one? Cessation will stop this though...
Let's not forget pachirisu...a free mentor..scary..
well...there's plenty more...i think it's really up to your opinion..
if you ask me...i'm sticking with Darkrai X all the way...

Aside from the reprinted Rare Candy, I would say the top cards are:

1. Claydol: versatile tech for many decks, anti-Absol, and the Basic is good too.
2. Pachirisu: a set up attack and an anti-Cess Crystal attack, nice.
3. Unown G: anti-G&G but also prevents status effects (like Darkrai's, lol).

Those are the 3 that will be most widely used. At least when the Darkrai hype dies down.

Pachirisu for its very specific countering of anti-setup decks (say goodbye to all your CCs before you can play em? Hell yeah.)
Houndoom for adaptability. Either lock a Poke Power/Body with a Condition, do 70 (80 with a Sp. Dark) for 2 or discard a card from the opponent's hand. Needless to say, it's one of those cards that can come to the rescue any time. And it has good Weakness/Resistance/Retreat Cost.
Exploud for originality. 50/20spread for 2 colorless is already pretty decent, but the added effects make it even greater. A deck based around this would be so much fun to play with. You wouldn't know what to expect, and neither would your opponent. So obviously, it works great against both counter and setup decks.
Felicity's for added discard. I always loved decks that pump the discard pile, so this is one of my favorites.
But in the end, it's just plain old Candy for its awesome comeback.

Let's not forget pachirisu...a free mentor..scary..
Not really. Mentor needs you to discard a card, Pachirisu needs you to attach an Energy. In the end, they are pretty comparable.

BenJak said:
Aside from the reprinted Rare Candy, I would say the top cards are:

1. Claydol: versatile tech for many decks, anti-Absol, and the Basic is good too.
2. Pachirisu: a set up attack and an anti-Cess Crystal attack, nice.
3. Unown G: anti-G&G but also prevents status effects (like Darkrai's, lol).

Those are the 3 that will be most widely used. At least when the Darkrai hype dies down.

The darkrai hype will die down. If you all noticed, the whole DP4 set if to counter darkrai. Well, most of it, needless to say. Pachrisu for the ultimate quick starter for DBW, Claydol to counter DBW and DWD. Unown G to lock darkrai and gallantry.

DP4 is not making the new metagame, just countering it.

i woudnt say the most important card but it still is a great card but i think the most important would be rare candy sence evry body needs it for there stage 2 decks.

Back