Discussion Best energy mover.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
So I'm a massive fan of energy moving decks. My go to deck right now is an expanded format fairy box (also known as aromatisse/big basics, but with Zoroark GX). I can't really decide which energy mover is the best, though. The ttop two, in my opinion, are Lunala GX and Aromatisse. There are others, like Golduck BREAK and an old Hydreigon (I forgot the set), but those two seem best. Lunala GX has enough HP to basically never get one shot, easily soak up the damage taken from playing rainbow energy, has a GX that is good in some situations (like against EX decks, such as Turbo Dark), and even has a mediocre, VERY situational, non-GX attack that can hit for weakness on Buzzwole. Aromatisse, on the other hand, is only a stage 1. Because of this, you can get an aromatisse out faster/easier, and don't have to devote as much deck space to it, and can then put in more of the decks that make energy moving decks so fun to play. Any thoughts on which one is best?

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
I would say that Aromatisse is probably your best option - as you've stated, it's only a Stage 1, so it takes far fewer resources to set it up than the other energy-moving options. Also, it only gives up one Prize when KOed, so it's not that much of a liability to sit on your Bench. The fact that Lunala is weak to Dark likely means it'll likely never see significant play in either Standard or Expanded, since Zoroark will target it down every time and gets two easy Prizes.

Aromatisse used to be one of my favorite cards back when XY was legal, and I always loved seeing Fairy-box style decks, so thanks for keeping that tradition alive haha

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
I agree. I prefer Aromatisse, if not only because it takes up less deck slots. Plus, Aromatisse has big sentimental value for me. Michikazu Tsuda's Aromatisse/Kanghaskan deck was the first deck that showed me how much fun energy movers are, so I'm pretty heavily biased.

I mean let's be honest, what other deck can you casually tech in a Genesect EX (PLB) and Plasma Energy and it actually works? Not many. Frankly, a Genesect is one of the more tame things I'll tech into my decks sometimes.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Honestly, I’d have to go with Aromarisse. It is a Stage 1 and has the same prospect as Lunala GX, so probably Aromatisse.
Are you playing Max Potion in these decks? You move energy off, Max Potion, then move the energy back on! Ingenious, isn’t it?

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Honestly, I’d have to go with Aromarisse. It is a Stage 1 and has the same prospect as Lunala GX, so probably Aromatisse.
Are you playing Max Potion in these decks? You move energy off, Max Potion, then move the energy back on! Ingenious, isn’t it?
I agree with you. And yes, I run Max Potions. It's the most beautiful thing in the world when you just casually just Max Potion with no drawbacks.