Best Deck in Pokemon TCG History

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is impossible to answer. There really are no tiers in Unlimited. Unlimited is one giant giant giant rock-paper-scissors game. Deck A beats deck B which beats deck C which beats deck D which beats deck E... etc. Decks have dominated their formats (Haymaker, Delta, and Rock Lock come to mind). There is no "domination deck" in Unlimited. Closest thing we've had to a best deck is pre-eratta slowking.

If you play unlimited, I can directly build a total locking deck that can destroy whatever deck you want. If you are talking about format, go on bulbopedia or something like that.

Maybe he meant which deck got the most of success?

wang zitong said:
If you play unlimited, I can directly build a total locking deck that can destroy whatever deck you want.

^Says the guy who thinks that 1-1 of every rare he has is a good idea in a deck. Like he said, though, there cannot be a "best deck". There are highly successful decks, but because of the changing in rules and formats, a "Best deck" cannot exist.

IF he's talking about best deck in its format, Gardevoir Gallade is a strong contender for 2008. 2004's Blaziken decks and 2007's Eeveelutions are probably close contenders, too

Haymaker was good in its day. I think if he's referring to its popularity in its specific format, that's a big one.

I meant which deck has had most success. I keep hearing haymaker. Can I get a list of that. This thread was just one of my random questions in my head today.

There will never be the "best deck ever" in a modified format due to Pokémon’s ability to print new cards to counter that "best deck". Even in unlimited there is no "best deck ever" there is one guy at my league who always enjoys beating up juniors with unlimited decks, who eventually go crying of to the league leader saying he wasn't playing fair. Ex: That slowking a couple years back that prevented trainers or that shedinja that didn't let you take a prize (I'm new so don't expect me to know everything). ANY DECK CAN BE BEAT! I love killing that deck that uses the Fortress LA, Espeon ??, and Blastoise EX with a Palkia lock deck with DGX. IMO there is always a good deck that is very popular, but almost never a deck that will be crowned the best deck ever.

Well he just said he meant the one that had the most success and not the best for unlimited.
As for Haymaker, it was extremely successful. I doubt it would do too well in unlimited because of the speed of setup, and the fact that Trainers have been split into Trainers, Supporters, and Stadiums, but it was a great deck for its time.

Zero, seriously, my deck was GOOD. I admit that my deck needs some change but still. Even if it has a lot of strategies and a lot of 1-1 pokemon line, it is still really good. The advandage of it is that depending on what you start and what your opponent has, you can plan a strategy to counter it. I, once again, admit that in the beginning of a game, I have exactly nothing in my head. But, mostly after 2-3 turns, I already have an strategy to distroy my opponent deck. Maybe you are going to say:"Oh, your opponent will already be prepared, you won t have time." In the first turn, I will take something to counter and win time and then, after a few turns, full strategy. Even if I start with a really sucky hands, I don t care because all my pokemon can use cheap one energy attack. Then, I will just take good things that helps my strategy. (I ditched the giratina lock combo, which, as you said, was too slow. I have a paralyse deck now, kind of)

Anyway, you can do a Locking deck with Mewtwo lv.X plus Areodactly Base plus Vileplume that blocks trainers and finally with Areodactly that can enable all pokebody on your turn. True, it will be a little pain VS luxchomp but with the trainer lock, so...

Some locking deck would do well. Maybe with Muk or Vileplume UD or DGX... although none of them could be used together .___.

Spiritomb beats unlimited.dek. Sorry guys.

PLOX, in my opinion, is the deck that best fit its format. Stupid themes like SP are given, so Gardy, being alone in its set, had to be built. We had DRE to speed it, and then we got DCE plus Spiritomb to help the lock part. Hand in hand, Gardy worked, in my opinion, best.

~L_X_F

One of my personal favorite decks was a deck out deck. It ran two Mewtwo (I don't know which set), and like 49 energies, and the rest trainers.

Ah, Mulligan Mewtwo...
Either 1 Mewtwo (Base Set) and the rest psychic energy, or the same with a maximum of 5 other cards. It was sort of a joke, but really easily built and can sometimes win (although too many decks ran ER/SER for it to work, and there are soooo many ways modern decks can beat it).

But your opponent doesn't have to draw a card. So that wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back