XY Berry Crossing: A New Way To Create Berries!

Drohn

Wild War Dance
One of the new features introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y is Berry Crossing. By planting specific types of berries in the same patch a tree can grow berries different from the ones planted on top of their own type. Don't forget to use the Surprise Mulch to increase your chances of a mutation!

In this thread you can discuss the feature and share your experiences! If you know any berry combination to create a different type of berry, you can post it here!

BerryEffectRequired Berries
Qualot Berry
Using it on a Pokémon makes it more friendly but lowers its base Defense.
Pecha Berry and Oran Berry
Pomeg Berry
Using it on a Pokémon makes it more friendly but lowers its base HP.
Mago Berry and Iapapa Berry
Kelpsy Berry
Using it on a Pokémon makes it more friendly but lowers its base Attack.
Chesto Berry and Persim Berry
Ganlon Berry
Using it raises the Defence stat in a pinch.
Qualot Berry and Tanga Berry
Apicot Berry
If held by a Pokémon, it raises its Sp. Def stat in a pinch.
Kelpsy Berry and Wacan Berry
Grepa Berry
Using it on a Pokémon makes it more friendly, but it also lowers its base Special Defense stat.
Aguav Berry and Figy Berry
Hondew Berry
Using it on a Pokémon makes it more friendly, but it also lowers its base Special Attack stat.
Aspear Berry and Leppa Berry
Liechi Berry
If held by a Pokémon, it raises its Attack stat in a pinch.
Hondew Berry and Yache Berry
Petaya Berry
If held by a Pokémon, it raises its Sp. Atk stat in a pinch.
Pomeg Berry and Kasib Berry
Salac Berry
If held by a Pokémon, it raises its Speed stat in a pinch.
Grepa Berry and Roseli Berry
Tamato Berry
Using it on a Pokémon makes it more friendly, but it also lowers its base Speed stat.
Sitrus Berry and Lum Berry

[private]
Code:
[tr][td]Berry
[/td][td]Effect
[/td][td]Required
[/td][/tr]
[/private]

It appears that all of the Stat-Reducing Berries are acquired via cross-pollination Mutations.
I'm not sure if you can obtain them any other way, as I haven't gotten that far in the game.

But I think this feature is really cool! (It reminds me of a MineCraft mod.. :p)

If we can't link due to 'advertising', we can still c/p objective things, right? if not ill delete this post >_> also JIC ill use a spoiler.

Apicot Berry
Kelpsy Berry + Wacan Berry

Ganlon Berry
Qualot Berry + Tanga Berry

Grepa Berry
Aguav Berry + Figy Berry

Hondew Berry
Aspear Berry + Leppa Berry

Kee Berry
??

Kelpsy Berry
Chesto Berry + Persim Berry

Liechi Berry
Hondew Berry + Yache Berry

Maranga Berry
??

Petaya Berry
Pomeg Berry + Kasib Berry

Pomeg Berry
Iapapa Berry + Mago Berry

Qualot Berry
Oran Berry + Pecha Berry

Salac Berry
Grepa Berry + Roseli Berry

Tamato Berry
Sitrus Berry + Lum Berry

Um. So how does it work? I put Pecha and Oran next to each other they're not cross-pollinating. Does it take a few days?

You're also supposed to use Surprise Mulch I noticed. Did you use that? I added it to the OP.

Drohn said:
You're also supposed to use Surprise Mulch I noticed. Did you use that? I added it to the OP.

You sure about that? I thought Surprise Mulch just increases the chance of getting them.

Ive always gotten mutations without the use of the mulch. Makes the mulch kinda pointless honestly, but hey.

The mulch just makes it more likely to work. Without it's about 25-33% I would say.

Did you plant them next to each other? I'm not sure, but I once didn't get any when they weren't planted next to each other but did when they were. Not sure if it's just a coincidence though.

All the Berries I planted got some mutated offspring thanks to the Mulch.
Any info on what the Kee and Maranga Berries are?

Apicot, Liechi, Petaya, Salac and Tamato are the crossbreeds that don't seem to be able to crossbreed with anything.

Blob55 said:
Any info on what the Kee and Maranga Berries are?

Apicot, Liechi, Petaya, Salac and Tamato are the crossbreeds that don't seem to be able to crossbreed with anything.

Kee Berry = Liechi + Ganlon
If held by a Pokémon, this Berry will increase the Pokémon's Defense stat when hit by a physical attack.

Maranga = Salac + Petaya
If held by a Pokémon, this Berry will increase the Pokémon's Sp. Defense stat when hit by a special attack.

Back