Games Are side games like "Mystery Dungeon" and "Ranger" dying out?

Tyler Beta

Fookin' laser sights!!!!
Over the last few year, there have been less and less Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Ranger games come out. I personally love the Ranger and Dungeon series, and I'm sad that there has only been two mystery dungeon games so far. They are great games that chad their own unique twist and story about them. Is the going to be no more Pokemon Ranger games, and are Mystery Dungeon games going to disappear as well?

Sadly, I think they do seem to be dying out. Who knows, though. Maybe they'll make one for the Switch. If done well, that could be really cool.

Personally, though, I'd like another Pokepark game. I know it'll likely never happen, though.

The Ranger games I think are dying moreso that the PMD Games. Considering PMD did get two games on the 3DS, whereas the last Ranger game was still on the old DS.

However, I think both of these game series make the most sense on a handheld. But, they did try PMD on the Wii (which was Japan exclusive though). I think they'll try a PMD Switch game moreso than a PMD Ranger Game. Unless they release a Ranger game with a stylus accompaniment for the Switch tablet or something.

First off, there are far more than 2 Mystery Dungeon games. There's Red Team, and Blue Team. Explorers of Time, Explorers of Darkness, Explorers of Sky is another set. Then there was Gates to Infinity, and Super Mystery Dungeon in 2016. So at least 4 games (with different versions like Pokémon for Gens III and IV), and I'd argue the Mystery Dungeon for Gen VII is on its way, because there's been one each generation since Gen III, which is why I'm not ready to say this series is done yet.

Pokémon Ranger, on the other hand... yeah that's dead. The last game for that was either Gen IV or Gen V era (pretty sure it was Gen IV but I'm not sure). I think those are long gone, and we shouldn't expect to see any of those any time soon. I, personally, am fine with this because I never enjoyed the Ranger series like I did some of the earlier PMD games (Explorers of Sky was amazing).

It makes me sad to say it, but yeah, I'm pretty sure the Ranger series is dead. I'd love to see it brought back, but it'd be tough to do without a touch screen.

As for Mystery Dungeon, yeah, why the heck haven't we seen a gen 7 game yet?? We are waiting, Game Freak

I love the Pokemon ranger games to death... They're the first Pokemon games and I ever played (probably because they were the cheapest) but I didn't know they were still making them.

To be honest yes.

Super Mystery Dungeon despite the soul soothing life reflecting soundtrack, i gave up on.

FRICKING REVELATION MOUNTAIN WITH ITS 19 FLOORS, I MEAN DEAR GOD.

WHO CAN BEAT THAT?

To be honest yes.

Super Mystery Dungeon despite the soul soothing life reflecting soundtrack, i gave up on.

FRICKING REVELATION MOUNTAIN WITH ITS 19 FLOORS, I MEAN DEAR GOD.

WHO CAN BEAT THAT?
I’d say that Explorers of Sky and Battle Revolution’s soundtracks probably put it to shame :p

Unfortunately, it seems like these games are dying off, which is really too bad. I wish we would’ve gotten another Mystery Dungeon game or Battle Revolution sequel over Pokken

Last edited:
I've never played Ranger, but grew up around people who did, so I suppose I'm missing out.

Unfortunately, it seems like these games are dying off, which is really too bad. I wish we would’ve gotten another Mystery Dungeon game or Battle Revolution sequel over Pokken

God, I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who wanted a new Battle Revolution over Pokkén Tournament.

Back