Archetype discussion :D

Ghost Poke Master

Savor the bacon....C-M`s bacon
It`s time for discussing Archetypes!(Duh.)

Here`s a list

-Infernacatty
-R-gon
-Empoleon
-TyApe
-Mario
-Blissey/Blisscat
-Hand control
-Field control (Luxray+Duskinoir.sounds weak but it is devastating)
-Weavile/Darkrai LVL. X/Colorless attacker
-Electivire
-Magmortar
-Duskqueen
-Monarchy( IMO,It sucks, until the new Nidoking comes out,then pwnage)
-T-tar/Rhypherior(It is pwnage yet unliked :p)
-Garchomp
-Quickatune
-

To quote WPM, I`ll bite your head off, I mean: Discuss!

ok first of all the most of the archytapes will became of the metagame like infercatty and mario so use one of them is very good the problem is that some is what is better to take the most of the archy types . there speedy ones complet se up and trick ones the most power ful in some ocasions are set up but they speed lack i think that the best choice is the archytype is acord your personality.

Has anyone noticed though that every deck seems to be getting faster and so are the cards. Infernape does 90 for 2?! WHAT`S UP WITH THAT!!!

There are some up there that are nowhere near archetypes. Field control and the T-tar thing aren't.

But you can just put Blissey varients up there, since there are soo many combos with it.

Empoleon and Blissey are my choices for the best decks out there right now.

Arcanine out.

Ghost Poke Master said:
It`s time for discussing Archetypes!(Duh.)

Here`s a list

-Infernacatty
-R-gon
-Empoleon
-TyApe
-Mario (While quick it still is no where near the Status of Archetype)
-Blissey/Blisscat (I agree but the truck must DIE)
-Hand control(Very slow set up for most of them, We miss you Vaporeon EX)
-Field control (Luxray+Duskinoir.sounds weak but it is devastating)(Sorry but 2 stage 2's to just push there bench back? Crawduant and Luxray are much more effective but still suck:p)
-Weavile/Darkrai LVL. X/Colorless attacker
-Electivire (While close it still isn't where it needs to be)
-Magmortar
-Duskqueen
-Monarchy( IMO,It still pwns, when the new Nidoking comes out,then ownage)
-T-tar/Rhypherior(It is pwnage yet unliked :p) (T-Tar is yet to be Archetype, not even with Mantine DF)
-Garchomp (Garchomp is still no where near Archtype Status)
-Quickatune (See Garchomp)

To quote WPM, I`ll bite your head off, I mean: Discuss!

Look at the bold

The TRUK won't die, in fact there will be a more powerful one when the new set comes out.
BTW, MegaGatr must be in that list. While other decks like magmortar, garchomp, field control definitely don't reach archetype level.

The truck will die. It's pwned by rouge decks with 4 stage 2's in it, trust me I know. Even with the stacked star one player got the 4 Stage 2's demolished it.
With Magmotar SW coming it's that much closer to Archtype status but you're right it isn't quite yet.

Pocchama: I agree with the "TRUK must die" unfortunately blissvire is a good deck and so are the other TRUKs.

Quickatune and Mario are definately archetypes, whether they're the best out there or not is debatable... Electivire will be AMAZING when SW comes out, Monarchy will also be a great deck.

MegaGatr is definately an archetype as said above. There is going to be a huge list of archetypes once SW comes out, however most of them are secret, but you'll see them at cities or states.

There will be not more archetypes, ones will fall down, new ones will appear.
And, blissey varients(don't call them TRUKs plz) do give trouble to stage 2 decks... even to kingdra swarm.
Speaking about kingdra, that thing is strong, you might as well include it in the list.

And right now, there are not many new archetypes, we are just starting the season, metagame won't be defined now... from the list above I would say that only 8 are decks that are decent choices to play at battle roads, I would't even start calling them archetypes(except for the ones that did survive rotation), it is too soon to define archetypes, wait until later.

TRUK is improving with every new barrage of tournaments. Cities will have improvements, and it will continue to get better.

There are only maybe 1-3 archetypes out right now. The format is still shaping itself.

Arcanine out.

I'm running R-Gon, and let me tell you, it's awesome :D until some of the newer sets come out I think it's the best choice for BR :p

Dudeman1993 said:
What's TRUK??

A trainer engine that casually works pretty well with blissey...

Moving truk is blissvire, just because it is named moving truk, it doesn't mean that the truk is blissey.

Back