Ruling Another Tough Berry Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark JC

The Dark Master
How many times can a Berry card (Oran, Sitrus) be used in one turn?
Can it be used only once, since it can only be discarded between turns. Not during turns. Eg. If lets say my Pokemon has 6 damage counters, can i use 2 sitrus berry in one turn to remove all damage? pls advise..

You can only attach one Tool to one pokemon at any time. Since you attach one, it can no longer take anymore, so once your turn finishes the berry activates and is discarded. You can then attach another Tool when it is your turn once again.

You are not able to attach 2 Pokemon Tools to one specific Pokemon even if it has or doesn't have the same name. However, you are able to attach multiple Pkemon Tools/Berries as long as the Pokemon Tools are given to different Pokemon.

You could atatch 2 berries to 1 pokemon, but the first would be discarded and have no use. So sadly it would be a bad strategy.

Mew EX said:
You could atatch 2 berries to 1 pokemon, but the first would be discarded and have no use. So sadly it would be a bad strategy.

Wrong. All Tool cards state that you attach them to Pokémon that don't already have Tool cards attached to them. Attaching a second one to the same Pokémon would be an illegal play.

I was using circular reasoning, saying that if you had two essentially you discard one and attatch the other, the first one having no effect. This would be folly as you could wait for it to be used (If a berry) then attatch the other the next turn.

No I was saying you could attach a berry, then attach another in place of the old one, discarding the old one. Nevermind, it's bad logic.

Yes it is. You can't purposely attach another Berry/Pokemon Tool on a Pokemon with a Berry/Pokemon Tool on it , discarding the attached one. You can only attach a Berry/Pokemon Tool to a Pokemon without a Berry/Pokemon Tool on it. There is no way that this fact can be proven wrong.

However, this topic is closed for discussion as the main question has been answered. I'm reporting to a Mod to Lock this thread. Please stop any discussion in this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back