Announcing a Dramatic Increase in Prizes for PokeBeach’s Monthly Tournaments!

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Just went Premium. I really appreciate everything PokéBeach has done for me as a player and as a fan of the franchise, and I'm glad that TCGPlayer makes the decision easier than ever to give back.

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
Hi!
I'd like to ask, if I'm not from USA (I'm from Spain), could I play these tournaments? I've been a long time thinking about participating in them, but I'm not sure if I could. Thx!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hi!
I'd like to ask, if I'm not from USA (I'm from Spain), could I play these tournaments? I've been a long time thinking about participating in them, but I'm not sure if I could. Thx!
You can, but you would have to be awake when most North American players are since that's who the majority of the player are.

WastedSkyPirate

This is amazing news. Thanks for organising these tournaments, they're great for this community and a good tournament experience for those that can't travel to many events IRL.

I've never seriously considered going Premium - I dip in and out of the TCG competitive scene, so it never made sense to commit to a monthly subscription - but now I have my finger over the subscribe button!

Yog

Rogue
Hi!

Irish here and have played every month since they began bar one where I knew I couldn't commit. Absolutely you can. Just be aware it is kind of on you to fit your schedule around the US players.Might mean a few 1am games but most players are pretty obliging.

olivasds

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I am seriously thinking about the premium membership just for the prize pool, very tempting.

ozzie347

Aspiring Trainer
Do we need to be premium at the start of the tournament to fall under that category, or just subscribed by the end of it?

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
I'm a little curious as to why only premium members got a prize increase. I would hope normal members would get a slight increase (not like I'm upset or anything––I would decline packs if I were in a position to be mailed them anyways for personal reasons), but I can understand that the changes made are in the best interest for the site.

On that note, the prize increase is huge. These are the kind of prizing amounts I see at the Regionals I go to. It's insane.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
My theory on why Premium Members get the prize increase is because it is through their subscription fees that the funding to the site is given. Sure a regular member views the site, but they aren't contributing to the funds the site gets.

You must also consider that being a premium member gets you access to articles written by some of the best players in the game and you can even get tips from them on improving your deck list. If you are looking to become a competitive player it is worth trying even just one month to see how it goes.