Ancient Trait Sableye Promo in 'CoroCoro Ichiban'

Please bring back something like junk hunt, please please please.
No let's not bring back a game breaking attack.

And right after this they reveal it's a common, has junk hunt, and it's ancient trait let's it attack on the first turn of the game. (Please don't do that.)

I'm also actually hoping for Junk Hunt to come back in some way, even if it's nerfed a little. If it was only able to grab 1 item from the discard it wouldn't be nearly as broken.

That being said,think they'll do something a little more creative with this Sabeleye.

I usually get so excited to see promos. Especially of cute Pokemon I like but...
I'm really hoping this goes into Ancient Origins, but with the way they handled Roaring Skies I kind of doubt it.

The space taken up by the wording doesn't seem like that much.It may be only one attack or two more simple attacks. we also have to find out what the trait is. it may be the same as malamar or something different.

Even if this sableye has an attack similar to junk hunt I dont see it being any good in this format. I know getting Items back is important but in the current meta digging in your discard pile as an attack is just way to slow. And the format is very Seismitoad EX heavy so item search from the discard pile will just clog up your hand.

Even though the card is restricted to coin flips, this feels a bit unfair. EX's are already so much stronger than other cards because of their Basic status and Hoopa-EX searchability, so giving them some nice Energy acceleration seems like a bad design choice.

I love the artwork, I wish the effect of the first attack wasn't restricted to just ex pokemon

Even though the card is restricted to coin flips, this feels a bit unfair. EX's are already so much stronger than other cards because of their Basic status and Hoopa-EX searchability, so giving them some nice Energy acceleration seems like a bad design choice.

Can see decks like MTTar using this + Trick Coin. Trick Coin helps fill up a slot on TTar so it's not entirely wasted

Ancient Origins, from what I've seen, is going to totally throw the format in the air! These attacks, abilities, and new traits are crazy awesome! They're definitely trying to keep the game current, fresh, and interesting - but they're making it a ton harder, that's for sure. So excited for this new set!!!

Sableye + Trick Coin would be pretty darn useful.

But man, the art of these AT Pokemon is just consistently great. Know what would be really awesome? A booster set that's all AT half-arts. :p

This Sableye looks like a great supporter - just imagine if it had Omega Barrage (evil laugh). I do agree with the other comments about the EX part...if anything, I would have preferred it to be an "other than your Pokemon EX" caveat. I have a sort of love/hate relationship with EX cards.

Back