News America's November Set: 'Crimson Invasion,' Two Ultra Beast Premium Collections!

I imagine guzzlord not being legal for long lol I dread to see the above described deck in the online environment - it will be rife on there for a cheap win.

Well nihilego could work with the metagross deck. You splash one and you simply retreat your metagross when you bench it. His gx can even the prize trade when you play against a non-gx deck where necrozma gx attack is useless.

Prob only allow ine uktra beast card in a deck. Like in old days withbone type cabt remembee
If that was the case there would have been reminder text saying that. Ultra Beast is most likely a new sub-type like being a Plasma Pokemon so we'll see what support or hate cards there will be.

I'm sadden by the lack of Lost Zone with the Ultra Beasts. Prize Card Manipulation seems to be their game for their GX attack.

I don't know. Nihilego GX feels gimmicky at best, even when combined with stuff like Alolan Muk GX. That GX attack is definitely some shenanigans, though.

Buzzwole is underwhelming, Guzzlord could be interesting if it works, and Nihilego is very amusing. Also, it's subtle, but I love how the red looks on the purple of Nihilego's card.

Since the GX attacks deal with prize cards, I wonder what the other possibilities are. One will probably be more damage based on how many prize cards your opponent has.

I imagine guzzlord not being legal for long lol I dread to see the above described deck in the online environment - it will be rife on there for a cheap win.
Guzzlord is not gonna be winning games almost instantly like Shiftry/Forests did. Its doubtful that it would It's not fitting any requirements that would cause a ban-Unless somehow a combination of cards would make it do such a thing possible. We don't know if something like that will happen yet, but as of now it's incredibly unlikely that Guzzlord is going to be ruling the game.

Just realized that the GX Attacks are all named after their UB descriptions. So we should be seeing Beauty GX, Electricity GX, Blade GX, and Blaster GX on the others.

• Set logo - So adorable, what does it mean?
  • 111 Cards - Okay!
  • Guzzlord GX - Needs to run 20 Energy just to feed Guzzlord because the attacks are too expensive. Gosh! GX is similar to Umbreon EX but super expensive. 2-3 Geodudes.
  • Nihilego GX - The ability is better than the Female Fire Lizard! The attack is standard and 3 Psychic, really? At least it can OHKO Espeon, but still weak to Garb. The GX reminds more of Palkia and Dialga LEGEND. 3 Geodudes.
  • Buzzwole GX - The attacks are perfect to spam Strong Energy. Hey, its like Lapras GX on its 2nd attack. The GX is for the "I need to win, here's the final blow" thing. 3-4 Geodudes

Decent cards, but I'd be more curious about the possible support they could/could not get given the Ultra Beast label.... Or if they print a card with a Strike of the Champion-like effect to knock them out immediately.

Star Plati-I mean, Buzzwole GX, seems just a bit too meh for my tastes, especially when Raichu GX can do all of it better.

Nihilego GX is going to be Alolan Muk GX's best friend, which gives me even more reason to run a dark deck in return. It has good HP for a Basic GX Pokemon, Lock up will force the opponent to look for Guzma, and its GX attack will pull off quite the shenanigans-to which I believe is a good counter to Guzzlord GX's Gluttony GX. Speaking of...

Guzzlord GX is what I would call the mid-game sweeper that should be late-game. It has high HP for a basic GX Pokemon at 210 (good Arceus, for a Basic!?), 180 DMG attack with no consequence (3 Darkness and 1 DCE for 180....just, wtf), and a GX attack that, other than if Nihilego will pull off its GX attack first, could win games earlier than usual. Think about it-winning games by using a GX attack when your opponent has three-fours Prize cards left? That's absurd! Of course, the downside is that ungodly 5 Darkness requirement, but even then that could be mitigated by Yveltal's Oblivion Wing and other Darkness acceleration cards. Definitely something to look out for.

Last edited:
Nihilego-GX is obviously the best card and will be teched into every deck trust me on that. It's the new hypnotoxic laser

Nihilego-GX is obviously the best card and will be teched into every deck trust me on that. It's the new hypnotoxic laser

Hypnotoxic laser didn't take up a bench space and had a 25% chance of making your opponent skip their next attack and could be paired with another card that didn't take up bench space to enhance its damage.

In expanded, you'll just stick with hypnotoxic laser, and in standard, most decks don't need 10 damage consistently enough that they'd like to give up bench space for it.

The ability is really strong, but it's definitely not going to be teched in every deck.

Volc wouldn't touch it any day of the week.

Back