Discussion Alt Format - Free4All

Nice format! I haven't the time for a huge detailed responses, but I did notice the allowing of LTC. This is not a good idea as the matches will already be about an hour or two long because it's 4 players, and adding in LTC will only make it really long, maybe even to that point of a D&D game! 0:

Also Honchrkow is overpowered.

Could you explain the banning of Virbank, Garbotoxin, and the errata of Brigette? Colress I can get seeing as how you can get up to 32 cards, but I'm not really sure of those. I know they all have increased viability, but does that really mean a ban/errata?

This is a format that can be extremely fun with enough skilled players can make for some interesting matches. Its a 4 player format where you can make deals, break deals, target down one player.

Just checking; are you familiar with the official Team Battle rules? I'm just curious if it had any influence on your decision making.

Actually, given how most don't even know that TPCi has official Team Battle (or 30-Card or 2-on-2) rules, I'll be happy if you knew about them before hand at all. XD

Glad someone came up with it.
Is it okay if I bring these rules to my local league?
I don't want any copyright infringement.

Just checking; are you familiar with the official Team Battle rules? I'm just curious if it had any influence on your decision making.

Actually, given how most don't even know that TPCi has official Team Battle (or 30-Card or 2-on-2) rules, I'll be happy if you knew about them before hand at all. XD
They do?
TEACH US MASTER OTAKU!

@TheR3DX @Lord Goomy

Go here to the official Pokémon websites Play! Pokémon Rules & Resources page and, under the General Information heading, select Play! Pokémon Rules & Formats (or click here) to get the .pdf that contains the official rules for... well, almost everything. It isn't meant to replace the core rule book, but it explains all the stuff it doesn't, but that competitive play cares about.

I can't really test anything that isn't compliant with the PTCGO, so I'm hoping enough people get interested that some of these could eventually qualify... and rules for a battle royale would be nice as well. The big change I would suggest? I may not play MtG, but my friends liked to point out that it has (or at least had) rules so that any numbers of players could square off in such a setting.

This sounds super neat to play with! For cards like Spiritomb STS that allow you to move damage between your opponent's Pokemon would that be limited to a single opponents Pokemon, all opponents Pokemon separated by opponent, or all opponents combined? It'll either be really broken or really fun to knock out an opponent with 18 Pokemon's worth of spread damage.

Back