Alright, I'm tired of all of this stuff. >:o

Status
Not open for further replies.

quilava126

Nub
I know I might get banned for this, but where I live, it's a free country, and I have the right of free speech. I get to express my opinion to others if I want. And what this whole thing is about is that I'm tired of being looked down on by everyone else here in this forum. I'm sick of being called a n00b because I don't have all of this money to get these ballin cards and build an unstoppable deck to make it to the World Championships. But is that my choice? No! It's not! I'm only 13 years old and I can't get a job to make my own money like you people out there. I can't get all of these duplicates and crap to build a kick-butt deck. And even if I did have the little bit of money, I wouldn't spend it all on Pokemon cards. I'd spend it on more useful stuff like a Laptop or Sports Equipment. I bet these people here don't even know what sports are because they are stuck in the house laughing at us people who can't be like them. So what if I'm different? I am proud of who I am. So all I'm saying is that nobody should judge people for the TCG cards and skills they have. I choose not to waste my money on pieces of cardboard with a design on them....

If you get involved in League, it surprisingly isn't as hard to get a hold of cards.. I helped someone your age build a deck with minimal money issues on his part. He has a paper route which helped him get a few essentials and I set up the rest. You would be surprised just how easy it is to set up a decent deck for your division (Rampario, for instance can be made entirely with POP6 pokemon. All you really need to worry about is energy and the trainers.)

It is kind of rude however, that you would assume that because some of us have a hobby that we don't have lives. On the side of being a professor, I maintain a healthy social life, I have a job, I have school, pay bills, and all at the same time, I do watch football when time is granted.

I think this ramble is entirely unnecessary. This is a game. There really is no need to get all steamed out. So what if you can't be like some of the guys on here? Thats not a bad thing. You don't take the hobby too far. You can enjoy life. I play for fun and because I like to do it. Its better than staying at home staring at the ceiling all day long.

dude, I'm 12 and I'm still less of a noob than you. To get money I rent out my nintendo ds to a kid at my school for 2$ a day. You have to lighten up

quilava126 said:
I know I might get banned for this, but where I live, it's a free country, and I have the right of free speech. I get to express my opinion to others if I want. And what this whole thing is about is that I'm tired of being looked down on by everyone else here in this forum. I'm sick of being called a n00b because I don't have all of this money to get these ballin cards and build an unstoppable deck to make it to the World Championships. But is that my choice? No! It's not! I'm only 13 years old and I can't get a job to make my own money like you people out there. I can't get all of these duplicates and crap to build a kick-butt deck. And even if I did have the little bit of money, I wouldn't spend it all on Pokemon cards. I'd spend it on more useful stuff like a Laptop or Sports Equipment. I bet these people here don't even know what sports are because they are stuck in the house laughing at us people who can't be like them. So what if I'm different? I am proud of who I am. So all I'm saying is that nobody should judge people for the TCG cards and skills they have. I choose not to waste my money on pieces of cardboard with a design on them....

Not having good cards doesn't make you a bad player. Infact, the people who call you a n00b are bad player themselves.
Bieng able to play at your best and do well when you have a limited selection of cards is when you really show your skill, not when you have enough cards to wall paper your house.
And look at it his way, as you get older and you get a little more money to spend on cards, you will already have experience building decks with your selection limited, and will be able to use this knowledge of playing with cheaper or lesser known cards to your advantage.

^^ That is unnecessary and even more flameworthy than what he had posted. I know what he said was unnecessary, but you don't need to take the bait. (Not air but the one above)

It does take alot of money to get every card in the game, but to make a decent deck like Rampario (as stated above) it isn't as hard as you may think. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start anything or talk down to anyone at all. All I am doing is just trying to make a few suggestions to you. Do you or your parents ever have a yard sale? My parents have them maybe two to three times a year (that isn't very often) and I normally put some of the things I don't want in them so I can make some extra cash. I'm old enough to get a job, but as of right now I do not have one. I make alot off of eBay too. Whenever I get a card that I don't want I'll simply list it on eBay and profit. Its hard to do that in pokemon, since the card prices aren't incredibly high, but I could easily trade a little at our local Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament and later eBay my new cards for $30 or $50 at a time.

Its also good that you don't spend all of your money on the Pokemon TCG. There should be other things in your life like friends, sports, ect. Anyways this is all just a suggestion so don't take anything offensive, please.[/i]

What? Freedom of speech? XD As long as your words/language is suitable for all ages, doesn't insult or is directed at anyone, you can say whatever you want to say.

Anyway, as an ex-Strategist, I can easily say that a deck isn't made by the cards, mostly. I would say that 60% depends on the player, 10% on the luck, 10% on your opponent and the rest is the cards. Just aim for necessary cards and look through the guides on how to make a deck and work from there. =D

Interesting... I'm going to take what Naki Ferklin said, and put it in my own words.

Aside from Pokemon, I maintain a good, life as a kid. I'm home-schooled, maintain a 4.0 average, take over 6 instruments, I teach Karate (Which is like my job), and, when I have the time, I hang out with friends and sometimes even play sports. Pokemon is our hobby, not our lives. Our question is, why should it be our problem that you don't get the cards you need?

Like AEX said, the cards don't matter one bit. The player is most of it. And... if seems like you don't think you're a good player, so chances are, either you suffer from low self-esteem, or you just don't think that.

Everyone has a good player inside them. You don't need cards to unleash him, you just need stratagy. And that, my friend, can be learned if you study up in either the Deck garage, or the Card Combos and Stratagies forum.

I hope I haven't sounded too flammy.

yo what this kid is saying is kinda what i was getting at in one of my post..... if you have an opinion about him or anyone else keep it polite.... but if you want to be rude and call someone a noob then shut up..... be kind and considiret or dont say nothing at all. people have diferent situations so be careful about your attitudes.... seriously watch out cause one day you will be mean to the wrong person....

KG: Please use appropriate language in your posts and don't mini-mod. Be careful with what you say becaus ethere are younger members on the forums.

Lemme tell you something about free speech. You can't abuse your right of free speech to use it against another law, like discrimination.
And most players I know haven't invested that much in Pokemon, this is including me. I just go to tournaments a lot and trade. So this is a very wicked excuse..then again, me talking about you being rude (a better world starts at yourself, is what them Dutchies say) is quite weird as well.
Btw, I never judged other people or you because of their skills, I just give building criticism. That's what you've been doing, by using the word "noob".

this may sound wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to spamish, but its not cardboard, its laminated paper.

now, to get back to the subject/topic. what i was going to suggest when i read your post was just about ALL taken care of by all these nice ppl ^_^ what i would like to add is, if you ask your parents to raise allowance, or if u dont have one, ask them if they can start if you do chores for a week or so for free. Or, the last way, which i DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONT reccommend, is start a bet with ur friends. what i did, i pretended like i was bad at pokemon, using my bait heracross to choice-band swords dance, then after i lost, im like"hey, fight again? i wont use swords dance.." and of course he accepts. in 1 turn i ko his alakazam(ty to focus sash :D) with megahorn. second, starapter hits the dust with 1 stone edge, the last one, buh bye empoleon ty to earthquake. so i easily wun 15 bucks xD xD xD. but again i DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTT recommend it coz ur friends mite not trust u again(mine still do, but hey, thats not my fault xD)

you know I really used to suck (i dont care if I get banned) so i just borrowed a deck from my gym leader while I did chores and I am a just a 5th grade boy who went to a prelese party and got a bunch of abmnasnows and got second place for extra booster packs (it happened in dp1 also) and got a decent deck got a few magmortars built a deck yadadadada 2 months later and MANY boster packs later i got a flygon ex df got ripped off and traded it for a infernape x in bad condition got tins and somehow got two tyranatir delta exs built a deck with them and have gone 16/1 and pulled my magmortar X for my magmortar deck

Point we all start somewhere I was cast luck will eventully punch you in the face;):rolleyes: and in the shadow of my best friend pre realise he pulls time space and 2 gardi xs
maybe i should give you one of my decks if you are not the best player well nether am I

quilava126 said:

Freedom of speech does not mean you have the right to be heard. Just keep that in mind for the future.

In a sense I agree with you. I think you could have said this alot better though. And I guess it is a sad truth. In this forum, you have to be in the "cool" group otherwise you get looked down and picked on constantly.

Although you are banned, if you ever wanna have a chat with me, you can get my MSN address off of my profile.

Don't worry about what other people say to you. Don't even think it's worth spending every dime you make on cards. Like Naki was saying, decent decks can be built very inexpensively. Rampario is a good example....mario is a good example.....Also, trading with people is another good way to get some of the cards you need as well. Don't take it all to heart....people don't always think about what they are saying sometimes.

don't feed the trolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back