Discussion Alolan Ninetales (not GX) problems

jix99

Imagine if Pichu was in splatoon :D
I have been testing multiple decks that get walled easily by alolan Ninetales. I have found a few techs that can help agiainst this, my favorite of them is Oranguru SM. I love how it can easily OHKO ninetales especialy in decks with max elixer like Lapras Darkrai and Mega Scizor. In water decks (like Lapras) I found that running your own Ninetails can work! Again in water decks Tapu Fini GX is also an option. If you run a deck thhat doesn't really use abilities you can use Garbodor BPT to help. You can also try to play around Alolan Ninetails with Guzma but that's hard to do for the whole game. Using Bisharp is an amazing tech because 1. It's a metal type so with Retaliate as long as you had a pokemon knocked out during the previous turn it will OHKO Ninetales. Here is where Bisharp gets interesting, because it's a metal type it can also knock out Gardevoir GX with the aid of Choice Band, Reverse Valley or Dhelmise. My final counter is Espeon EX because you can simply devolve them which unfortunately unless you play Decidueye GX is very situational. That's all the advice I have for countering Alolan Ninetales if you have any other counters that I missed please tell me in this thread as I would love to find better counters for me and anyone who might have trouble dealing with this card/deck and til next time peace!

Bisharp is also Darkness so you need a band and either Reverse Valley or Dhelmise.

I'm going to caution you on thinking about Tapu Fini GX and Espeon EX as counters to Alolan Ninetales BUS.

Luminous Barrier

Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon by your opponent's Pokemon-GX or Pokemon-EX.

Neither Tapu Fini GX nor Espeon EX have any effect whatsoever on Alolan Ninetales BUS. They can't touch it at all, ever. Not even a GX attack.

Oranguru is the best splashable counter to Alolan Ninetales BUS. Every deck is looking for draw support right now and is pretty much a natural 1 of in decks that are tight on space.

Some decks already have built in counters varying in usefulness. Volcanion decks run the baby Volcanion which can swing for kills - depends on who gets energy first. Metagross GX has the Metang step which can core beam for an OHKO. Bulu GX/Vikavolt has..well..Vikavolt. Golisopod GX has the regular Golisopod.

In my opinion, the proper tech depends on what deck you're talking about, so it's better to discuss as a per deck basis.

Back