• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Alolan Ninetales/Manaphy

SkullrocksG

Aspiring Trainer
I've been playing with this deck for a couple of days now and to be honest, I've had a lot of fun with it. I would love to hear changes and improvements from you all, and reviewing the deck list is always welcome!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113 (Draw Supporter)
* 4 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 4 Manaphy SLG 25 (For LOTS of healing, 3 is recommended, 4 if you have free space)
* 2 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28 (Use this if opponent is playing a lot of GX Pokémons)
* 3 Alolan Ninetales-GX GRI 132 (Use as main attacker)

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 1 Energy Loto GRI 122
* 3 Lillie SLG 62
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 2 Judge FLI 108
* 1 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Escape Board UPR 122
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94

##Energy - 13

* 9 Water Energy 3
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I play a close variant to this but Gyarados + the BUS ninetales.

Points to review
1) Ninetails GX doesn't make good use of choice band in the meta. 190 dmg is basic GX health only.
2) 9 water energy leave aqua patch at 4 as a hand clog and only UB with discard. This doesn't leave you with an attach each turn in a lot of games.
3) Escape board is wasted space imo, wondering why its in here when we have the new water switch raft (DRM) heal.
4) Brooklet hill can be used by your opponent. Pesky Garchomp/Lucario, Buzzwole/Lycanroc etc all utilize this. I would ditch it entirely.

Points to consider
1) Wishful Baton saves 3 energy. Uber acceleration and no time lost when your mon goes down. Most people run 1 field blower so having 2-3 wishfuls is insanely good.
2) Bump water energy to 10 and move aqua patch to 2-3 because it looks great on paper, but you have no means of great discard, draw, or means of getting the patch in hand (order pad)
3)Shrine of punishment x2-3 an/or Po Town x2-3. Yeah they hurt you, but remember youre the one healing. Invaluable in many matches.

Points to review
1) Ninetails GX doesn't make good use of choice band in the meta. 190 dmg is basic GX health only.
2) 9 water energy leave aqua patch at 4 as a hand clog and only UB with discard. This doesn't leave you with an attach each turn in a lot of games.
3) Escape board is wasted space imo, wondering why its in here when we have the new water switch raft (DRM) heal.
4) Brooklet hill can be used by your opponent. Pesky Garchomp/Lucario, Buzzwole/Lycanroc etc all utilize this. I would ditch it entirely.

Points to consider
1) Wishful Baton saves 3 energy. Uber acceleration and no time lost when your mon goes down. Most people run 1 field blower so having 2-3 wishfuls is insanely good.
2) Bump water energy to 10 and move aqua patch to 2-3 because it looks great on paper, but you have no means of great discard, draw, or means of getting the patch in hand (order pad)
3)Shrine of punishment x2-3 an/or Po Town x2-3. Yeah they hurt you, but remember youre the one healing. Invaluable in many matches.

Thanks a lot for your reply! You're absolutely right on the stadiums you suggested. I should probably add some of those to my deck in addition to the other suggestions. This is my first post to this forum so I surely am very happy to see someone comment on my deck... thanks again!

Points to review

Points to consider

This is perfect! I'll include choice bands so I can 1HKO Basics, and do extra damage with Po Town depending on the Evolution Stage. Rare Candy is another thing, but I'm sure I can snipe off 50 damage with my Ice Blade attack. Just perfect! Thanks again, Rusery!

Back