• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Alolan Golem GX

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Alolan Golem GX is a tank but accelerating lightning energy is a nightmare for it since the only good ways of doing so are Vikavolt and Magnezone but running a ton of stage two's is a bad idea. Enter Alolan Marowak from Forbidden Light which can help solve that problem due to its attack Limbo Limbo.

2 Cubone
2 Alolan Marowak (Forbidden Light)
1 Raikou (Shining Legends)
4 Alolan Geodude (Crimson Invasion)
1 Alolan Graveler (Guardians Rising)
3 Alolan Golem GX
1 Alolan Golem
2 Zorua
2 Zoroark GX

4 Rare Candy
4 Ultra Ball
2 Super Rod
4 Puzzle of Time
2 Float Stone
2 Choice Band
2 Guzma
3 Volkner
3 Cynthia
2 Judge or N

10 Lightning Energy
4 DCE

Your primary attack is Super Electromagnetic Tackle which with a Choice Band will OHKO anything not named Metagross GX. That 50 damage to itself sucks but oh well. Its GX attack isn't terrible in a pinch either. 100 for 4 energy is a bit steep but its effect is nice. I include one baby Alolan Golem because Hoopa and Alolan Ninetales are a thing.

Last edited:
Alrighty, here we have two forms of Energy acceleration. I say Raikou goes.
I also think that having three Shuffle-N-Draw supporters means disaster, because as this list runs no Lele, it's almost impossible to get what supporter you need when you need it. Really, all you do is stockpile with Zoroark and amass all the cards in your hand, but besides that, you really can't control that.
In other news, I'd definately to N over Judge, because as this tank has effectively 200 HP, if it runs into a Pokémon like Gardevoir-GX, it's dead and you can punish your opponent. In the same respect, you can abuse Counter Catcher.
This deck faces a big problem in that you have to take K.O.'s faster than your opponent can take you. If your opponent has no energy (enter Enhanced Hammer) then this will not be a problem.

-1 Raikou
-2 Any Shuffle/Draw supporter

+3 Enhanced Hammer

Hope this helps!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 4 Alolan Geodude GRI 40
* 4 Voltorb SLG 30
* 2 Alolan Graveler GRI 41
* 3 Electrode EVO 40
* 2 Alolan Golem GRI 42
* 2 Alolan Golem-GX CIN 102
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Lillie SUM 147
* 3 Evosoda GEN 62
* 3 Wally ROS 107
* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 N NVI 92
* 2 Brigette BKT 161
* 3 Rare Candy PLB 85
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121

##Energy - 8

* 8 Lightning Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I use this deck for Lightning damage challenges and Lightning evolution challenges (hence all the evolution get out cards). You can easily tweak it a bit, maybe replace the Wally with some stuff, I don't care to make this deck too competitive, it is a meme first and foremost.

With that said, Electrode EVO is the play with this card, you can be swinging with either Golem by turn two. Baby Alolan Golem is very good which is why I run a 2-2 split. Heavy Slam OHKOs Lele no questions asked, and in a pinch you can try and cheese out some KOs with Electromagnetic Rock Wrecker.

Heavy Rock GX is an amazing attack. Choice Band pumps its damage up to 130, allowing you to reliably follow up with Hammer In to get the KO.

Stay away from Buzzwole.

The Promo Tapu Koko with Flying Flip would be an easy card to swap out Raikou. It also has a free retreat cost making it a great pivot for Guzma.

As a person who's used Zoroark / Alolan Golem in a local LC and not one but two PokeBeach Tournaments, I can tell you I've actually had some odd success with the deck as I placed 15th in April's tournament specifically. Alolan Golem in that deck wasn't at all hard to charge, as the deck's charing card of choice was EVO Electrode. It goes so well with it because Alolan Golem can go from 0 energies to 4 in a single turn (Electrode's ability nets you 2 energy and then manually attach a DCE) and then come in with either an OHKO through Electromagnetic Tackle or a well-timed Heavy Rock, in which the ladder move worked really well with Zoroark since Zoroark hits 2HKO damage and then Heavy Rock can finish off the damaged GX or EX. You had the classic Zoro engine of a 4-4 line and some other things. I was honesty shocked to know that it did better than I expected. The only reason I started bringing this into tournaments was I had no other deck I wanted to play with that was BKP-ULP specifically. I'll leave the list of the April PokéBeach Tournament in the spoiler below:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 21

* 4 Zorua PR-SM SM83
* 4 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 2 Alolan Geodude CIN 32
* 2 Voltorb SLG 30
* 1 Alolan Graveler GRI 41
* 2 Electrode EVO 40
* 2 Alolan Golem-GX CIN 34
* 1 Mew-EX LTR 139
* 1 Mewtwo EVO 51
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 2 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 4 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Evosoda XY 116
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 1 Mallow GRI 127
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 N NVI 92
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Professor Sycamore XY 122

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy HS 103

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Post-Forbidden Light, it goes get quite harder for that deck with Buzzwole getting a whole toolshed-sized arsenal of support that I believe it makes it tier-1 or tier-0. Granted you always have a chance against Buzzwole specifically since you can easily slip in easy answers such as Mew-EX and EVO Mewtwo with a Choice Band, but Lycanroc might also be there and you gotta get lucky to take a OHKO on him or his previous evolutions. Doable but quite unlikely. If we're talking about FOL Alolan Marowak as support, I think it might be fine since it's as simple as attaching the two energies and then a DCE next turn, but if Golem / Graveler / Geodude get sniped you gotta questionably do the entire process of charging him up again. It's also a lot of evolutions that takes quite the amount of consistency to pull off so performing Alolan Golem to wreck havoc every game? Good luck. It's a fine idea, it's just that it's going to take a little bit of setup and making it more consistent, that's all.

Back