Accelgor & Mew EX

Accelgor doesn't ever attack with Darkrai EX. If it spends three turns charging it up that's three free turns the opponent got to attack without getting Deck and Covered. The deck usually runs 4-5 Dark energies and Darkrai is just used for it's ability to retreat Gothitelle for free.

Cinema said:
Accelgor doesn't ever attack with Darkrai EX. If it spends three turns charging it up that's three free turns the opponent got to attack without getting Deck and Covered. The deck usually runs 4-5 Dark energies and Darkrai is just used for it's ability to retreat Gothitelle for free.

I put Dark Patches in mine it wins games

Then you're sacrificing consistency for setting up Gothitelles and Accelgors and fishing out DCE's for a tech that will rarely come in handy and when you do decide you use it, your opponent will play out their hand full of trainers and Catcher KO either a Gothitelle, Accelgor or Mew EX.

Why wouldn't you just use Accelgor for that then? Dark Patch is a waste of a lot of space since you also have to run more dark energies.

Cinema said:
Why wouldn't you just use Accelgor for that then? Dark Patch is a waste of a lot of space since you also have to run more dark energies.

U need to run dark energies for Goth anyway and in a game a goth will die and dark energies will be discard with junis and ultra balls so might as well get use of them. Darkrai getting a potential 2, 3 or even 4 prize attack due to the use of catcher and sniping is really good. I've done itg play testing the see off Mew.

How is Darkrai getting anything more than a 2 prize attack? I understand KOing an EX. However, that late in the game no good player will leave 30 hp basics on their bench, and Accelgor doesn't ever damage EXes and then let them return to the bench with <30 hp left, not if you're playing it correctly. And note that Dark Patch only attaches the energy to dark Pokemon like Darkrai, so you're better off running Energy Retrieval so that you can get more energy in your hand if they're getting discarded so often.

Cinema said:
They're pretty likely to run out of Gothitelles making it really easy for you to just Catcher Mew EX's and Accelgors to prevent them from attacking and also to take 2 prizes off Mew and catch up. Also, if the Accelgor player misses a DCE even once they'll be in big trouble, and there aren't a ton of consistent energy acceleration methods for Accelgor that don't take up too much space.

Super Rod the Gothitelle line + basic energy back into the deck. Add Venusaur line to search the deck for it every turn x's number of Venusaur on the bench. Ample draw support for energy return. I play a personal variation of this deck. The only problem, really, IS the energy consistency. I have 4x DCE in mine, which is really a necessity here. The only way I can really think to fit some kind of acceleration in with the given type is maybe Beautifly, but that would not help trying for DCE and would be WAY too much to set up. Having Gothitelle/Venusaur/Accelgor is already a lot. (It's just knowing what to set up first) I find that a few Blend GRPD help. Dark Patch, I'm kinda 50/50 on. In one hand, it can clog up some space...on the other, it helps out benched Accelgor when lacking DCE.
I also added a Shaymin into mine on the off chance there is an unlucky energy return, so that even if I am behind....I can still Revenge Blast near end game.
I considered Sigilyph as a stall tactic, but it ended up being somewhat irrelevant with the 4x Catcher staple that's going on in format. I guess what we have to learn really, is...you can not tech for EVERYTHING. In the end, all decks come down to strategy and draw.

Those guys have some good points but the way I understand Mew EX is unlike most other copycat cards you need to pay the actual energy cost for an attack. So if you try to copy Darkari but have no darkness energy you just can't do it.

You'd need Prism energy which only works on basic pokemon(Mew EX), and a couple of copies of both kinds of blend energy just to get powered up. DCE is still good here but only because there are alot of pokemon in the format that use at least some colorless in their attacks.

This is not Zoraark where you can ignore the cost of attacks you want to copy.

darkcat1 said:
Those guys have some good points but the way I understand Mew EX is unlike most other copycat cards you need to pay the actual energy cost for an attack. So if you try to copy Darkari but have no darkness energy you just can't do it.

You'd need Prism energy which only works on basic pokemon(Mew EX), and a couple of copies of both kinds of blend energy just to get powered up. DCE is still good here but only because there are alot of pokemon in the format that use at least some colorless in their attacks.

This is not Zoraark where you can ignore the cost of attacks you want to copy.

I agree, I run 2 Prism, 4 DCE, 2 Blend GRPD , and 5 Darkness....people have said it's excessive...but it flows really well for me with this deck since I have Shaymin and Mew that need more than just Darkness/DCE.

The version I have seen uses Musharna as a draw engine. Once the deck has been thinned down enough it is mostly Mew EX and DCE and your turn for draw plus getting one of the two top cards through Forewarn is enough to reliably get a Mew EX and DCE every turn for a seemingly endless deck and cover loop.

It is funny reading earlier comments about how this deck will not work at all. If this deck sets up before you get a chance to start taking early prizes your pretty much in a rut. Everytime I play this deck I get trolled soooo bad. Unlike Vileplume, you are allowed to use Items. The only trouble for this deck (Goth/Accel/Mew) is wiffing the DCE. If they do, they can catcher a high-retreat cost poke and just sit with Gothitelle. This deck is the new Vileplume lock.

pkolaboy said:
It is funny reading earlier comments about how this deck will not work at all. If this deck sets up before you get a chance to start taking early prizes your pretty much in a rut. Everytime I play this deck I get trolled soooo bad. Unlike Vileplume, you are allowed to use Items. The only trouble for this deck (Goth/Accel/Mew) is wiffing the DCE. If they do, they can catcher a high-retreat cost poke and just sit with Gothitelle. This deck is the new Vileplume lock.

True. I've played quite a few Terrakion variations, and with Gothitelle/Accelgor/Mew/Venusaur/Darkrai I just promote Gothitelle to stall until I have everything set up via Venusaur and then Switch to Accelgor....hit for 100 (weakness) w/ Deck and Cover and switch back to Gothitelle. They end up Passing and Decking Out, EVERY. TIME.

If someone DOES set up and get some early prizes, that's when I promote Shaymin and sweep. SUPER EFFECTIVE!

The only deck I've had problems with is Rayquaza/Eels. That one just sets up so fast.

RichD said:
The version I have seen uses Musharna as a draw engine. Once the deck has been thinned down enough it is mostly Mew EX and DCE and your turn for draw plus getting one of the two top cards through Forewarn is enough to reliably get a Mew EX and DCE every turn for a seemingly endless deck and cover loop.

Mid game, after the deck is thinned, yeah, it's GREAT. You just gotta set this deck up ASAP or you're going to just fail horribly.

Back