Ruling A_A needs a ruling

Alchemist_Almighty

Don't camp the baby...
Yeah, go figure, huh? I don't know if this has been answered before, but it's necessary for my deck's future. I tried looking in the compendium and couldn't find it, so if you see it there, please copy/paste it so I can print it out. My question deals with these two cards:

006.jpg
088.jpg

DRE states that it can only be attached to evolved, non-ex Pokemon. So let's say I attach DRE to Gardevoir. Can I then use Gardevoir's power to move DRE to an ex Pokemon? Nowhere on the text does it say that if the Pokemon DRE is attached to becomes an ex Pokemon it gets discarded, unlike Scramble Energy, which does specify.

I ask because Gardevoir's power text does not say "...and attach it to another one of your Pokemon," it says "move." I'm pretty sure it's still technically attaching, but I'm not sure on the ruling. So is this move legal?

Also, a related question: If I attach a DRE to an evolved Stage 1 Pokemon, then later evolve that Pokemon into a Stage 2 ex, does DRE get discarded? It doesn't say that it would...

Thanks for any help!

Compendium said:
Q. Double Rainbow Energy states that it can only be attached to an Evolved Pokémon. What happens if I play a card, or attack, or Pokémon Power, etc. that lets me move it to a Basic Pokémon? Or can I move it to an evolved-EX Pokémon (like Swampert-EX)?
A. Double Rainbow Energy can only be moved onto another Evolved Pokémon, excluding-EX Pokémon (Team Magma vs Team Aqua Prerelease FAQ, Q3; Apr 15, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I have a Double Rainbow Energy attached to my Kirlia and then I evolve it into Gardevoir-EX, do I have to discard the DRE or does it get to stay?
A. If the Double Rainbow Energy was already attached to a non-EX-Pokémon, then you have to remove it when the Pokémon evolves into an EX-Pokémon. (Mar 25, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Back