Media A Simple Question About Serena in the Anime

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Me and @VioletValkyrie had an unfortunate disagreement about Serena's design in the anime, so for those who watched the Pokemon anime (XY-XYZ), I ask.

Short Hair Serena (My side)

OR

Long Hair Serena (Valkyrie's side)

Leave your thoughts below.

Thank You <3-
~AFEX

Me and @VioletValkyrie had an unfortunate disagreement about Serena's design in the anime, so for those who watched the Pokemon anime (XY-XYZ), I ask.

Short Hair Serena (My side)

OR

Long Hair Serena (Valkyrie's side)

Leave your thoughts below.

Thank You <3-
~AFEX

For context, this is a huge thing I hate that happens to female characters in shows, anime, games, whatever.
I hate it when beautiful long hairstyles are created for female characters and they're just removed for something basic, boring, and quite frankly, less appealing or aesthetically pleasing. You're removing one of the best parts of the character design. This has a few examples I can think of, to the point where if I look up specific characters I have to specifically remove "short hair" from hashtags, attribute tags, or anything like that.

I like Serena, but I'm gonna have to be in a different boat and say that Serena with long hair looks much better. Sorry.

Same thing with lillie with her "Z-powered" form, I'd much prefer that over her normal hairstyle, plus her personality gets a "boost" (I'll stop puns now)

Oh wow, one of the aspects where I don't think Serena is an utter peace of trash, so sure. I'd vote long hair, honestly. I thought Serena would have potential at the start of the series, considering she'd be getting Fennekin (best Kalos starter) and had a nice design. Oh well.

I don't know, I probably would have liked her with short hair if it stood for anything. I remember watching that episode and honestly it just looked like she went out on a dock and cut her hair for no god damn reason, other than blind sadness and self-pity. I liked the long hair design overall more, and I feel like the whole Serena re-design in the anime was just an advertisement for character customization in the games, because I have tried to figure out for so long why she did that and there really isn't a good reason.

So that's +1 Vote for Serena with long hair.

Both seem fine in the game and anime. But -this is a waifu thread, isn't it?
7lRDsy5.jpg

Eh, I have to say Short-Haired Serena, only because the outfit she gets gives her some personality and doesn't make it look like she's just the basic female avatar from X/Y.

It gives the allusion of character customization that was so prominent in the game.

Eh, I have to say Short-Haired Serena, only because the outfit she gets gives her some personality and doesn't make it look like she's just the basic female avatar from X/Y.

It gives the allusion of character customization that was so prominent in the game.

Thats exactly the other reason I love SH Serena so much.

I like long haired Serena. She expressess more hapiness. She only cut her hair out of sadness

Tell us why you like short-haired Serena.

Its a nice personality change and an interesting take on an established character, she looks cute that way tbh, and her outfits from then on in the anime just look far more appealing than before, and it really endulges into her development as a chatacter as a whole, shoeing fearlessness and bravery. Not to mention a sign of social maturity, and willingness to let go of the past regardless of past anticipations and the such. She seems more natural and happy then on not to mention she's more carefree and adventurous, which utterly clashes with her old whiny, won't get out of bed self. Yet again not to mention she seems more focused and determined overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's keep this thread on the rails, folk - we're talking about Serena's hair here, and only that.

For the record, I don't really have an opinion on Serena's hair length - both look fine to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think both versions hair is kinda dull. Have to give it to short hair though. Long hair has the better hat (the bowtie pulls it together for me).

Tbh I didn’t even know there were multiple hair lengths for Serena prior to this discussion.

I answered that question by making a long haired Serena card :p Short hair looks good too though!

Although with short hair she kinda looks like an 8 year old instead of a 14~ year old... xD

I answered that question by making a long haired Serena card :p Short hair looks good too though!

Although with short hair she kinda looks like an 8 year old instead of a 14~ year old... xD

Soo your saying 14-15 Year olds can't have short hair? XD

Back