A rare find? (Pokemon 1st edition base set box)

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
1. Open ONE pack to check the legitimacy of the cards. Then sell the rest of the packs loose (as previously stated, you should expect to get around $150 for each). This way guarantees the legitimacy of the cards and guarantees that you'll make a solid chunk of money as there are always people looking to buy these packs (just don't flood the market with them by putting more than 3-5 up at a time).

If it's English, and of course legit, the packs alone go for $150-200 apiece making an entire box very valuable.

*blinks* ... ... wait what? 200$ for ONE pack? WHAT. Who would spend- you gotta be kidding me last I checked it was only 25$ for a seal- *sees ebay selling some for 200$* Oh.

... ... ... wow. WOOOOOW. And here I was thinking you could make only 800$ off that thing. I must have been looking at the unlimited packs. That is nutso. You'd make 10x the amount I stated.

Man if I had that baby, I could finish getting some old boxes in no time. xP

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top
Salamencetrainer34 said:
Daelum said:
Do you have all 36 packs in an unsealed box? If so, you should do one of two things:

1. Open ONE pack to check the legitimacy of the cards. Then sell the rest of the packs loose (as previously stated, you should expect to get around $150 for each). This way guarantees the legitimacy of the cards and guarantees that you'll make a solid chunk of money as there are always people looking to buy these packs (just don't flood the market with them by putting more than 3-5 up at a time).

Whatever you do, don't open the packs
. It's not worth it at all. For the price you can sell them sealed, you can go buy a whole 1st edition set and still have a good amount of money left over.
Wait.. what?

I meant to say don't open ALL the packs :p