a new moderator!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, super mod in days. Some people moderat"ed" since March and now still havent been promoted. Cool! And I wonder if a ten year old will EVER be a mod.....

zwelgbelg said:
But how did you manage to achive the title of moderator anyway?
Us mods chose him to become a mod due to his excellence in the forums. Actually, noone expected the supermod status to happen at all, it was all just a big surprise that came out of nowhere really, lol.

DocRobot_K-176 said:
I guess people fear moderators because many activities associated with moderation result in negative interactions (don't double post, please don't reply to dead topics, stop insulting other users, I'm closing your thread... bwahaha, etc). I do not want people to fear me (except for people that are offensive, or intent on causing trouble of course). In fact, I want people to be able to talk to me and freely be able to ask meaningful questions about the forum or anything else that concerns them.
Yes that is very true. I know that there would be people here who dont like me, I accept that since it's part of the mod job. I fix up double/triple posts, warn people about spam, etc... I know that i'm pretty blunt when it comes to my replies towards people, I only do that to get the point forward, im not really a mean person, lol. As long as you are nice to everyone, follow the forum rules and dont ask complete n00bish questions then i'm happy with you :D I'm happy to answer PMs sent to me from members about TCG questions, which many members do already, but anything in general is fine, as long as it has a point, lol. If someone wants to get a mod onto a specific thread to fix it up, then PM me and i'll be there in no time to sort out any situations.

Dont fear me, lol, i'm friendly :p

Abhorsen said:
Yes that is very true. I know that there would be people here who dont like me, I accept that since it's part of the mod job. I fix up double/triple posts, warn people about spam, etc... I know that i'm pretty blunt when it comes to my replies towards people, I only do that to get the point forward, im not really a mean person, lol. As long as you are nice to everyone, follow the forum rules and dont ask complete n00bish questions then i'm happy with you :D I'm happy to answer PMs sent to me from members about TCG questions, which many members do already, but anything in general is fine, as long as it has a point, lol. If someone wants to get a mod onto a specific thread to fix it up, then PM me and i'll be there in no time to sort out any situations.

Dont fear me, lol, i'm friendly :p

WHAT???? WE DON'T DON'T LIKE YOU!!!! (well, at least I think that...)

If u got the point, I'm saying that I don't hate u neither fear xD

Good job man.:) Keep up the good work.:)

Great job on becoming a Moderator!! *claps and cheers from out of no where* Your great at it.

RE:  a new moderator!

DocRobot_K-176 said:
To be quite honest, I am kind of surprised by the quick changes.  I was once a normal user who didn't want to become a moderator or admin whatsoever.  My favorite activities on this forum have always been participating in discussions, and I thought that a position like that would interfere with it, which I found out wasn't the case.
Wow... a super mod linking to a thread started by lil' old me... That's almost as big an honor as WPM personally closing a n00bish thread (what was the best card you got recently? For mw, Metagross EX) I started!!! (all in only about 5 minutes after I posted it!!)

WPM is the only administrator, and he deserves to be the only administrator. It is not easy to maintain a website/forums, go to school, and have other hobbies at the same time.

If any of you want info on becoming a strategist, check out the main page; there is info there on how to apply.

Anyway, thanks for all the compliments and support...

I guess not, the highest you can get is a super mod, I don't think WPM would make anyone as powerful (if you can call it that) as him.

Moderating is a job that shouldnt be taken lightly. I know I screwed up any chance of bieng a mod here because I misread a post ^_^; Moderating is like bieng a 'Limited' Admin, in other words, you should do everything you can that an admin does. The Admin is generally a busy person, so moderators are there to run the section that thyere assigned to, or in this case, the whole site. Mods must enforce ALL forum rules, and if they believe something is amiss, must solve it to the best of their ability, and should not be swayed in opinion unless by another moderator of the same status, or Administrator.

Whenever people try and challenge my authority on croftminster, its like: I wouldnt be here unless the Admin thought I was up to it. to defy the mod is to defy the admin and therefore the entire fundamental structure fo the forum itself. Moderators and Admins > You, thats the way the internet works, get over it. Mods should be ruthless when rules are broken, and make an example of the person, so other people dont follow.

Lionheart said:
Mods should be ruthless when rules are broken, and make an example of the person, so other people dont follow.
I don't necessarily agree with that. Sometimes, it is not entirely clear when a rule is broken. Other times, people break rules without realizing it. Reviving dead topics is a common mistake that is easy for many people to make, especially if the topic in question is still on the front page. That's why I try to be understanding as much as possible, and try to make sure to the hardest of my ability that they understand what they did wrong before further action is necessary.

However, when it is clear that there is no good intention (in other words, malice and hurtful intentions), and there is no excuse for breaking the rules (offensive posting, flamewars, etc), we have to be direct so that people get the message that it won't be tolerated. That's just the way it is.

well, if it was an honest mistake, then Im a good guy and couldnt care less...just tell them not to do it again, but if they know the rule and are intentionally breaking rules, then I will bring all hell upon them.

Well, once I made an honest mistake, I posted like 2 times in a row ^_^ as I really did not know the rules at that time ^_^ and then umm, one member told me not to and I got used to it ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back