Writing A New Day [CYOA] - Chapter 8!

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Hey Guys! I've always wanted to be an author, but for now, I'm giving you guys a CYOA!

The Plot: We shall see.

So, now we have to pick a protagonist!

• Choose Male or Female

Male Character Names:
Harrison
Tom
Dylan

Female Character Names:
Elise
Cynthia
Mariana

This will end next sunday, so you have 7 days to get your votes in! Enjoy! :D

Ooh, another CYOA! :D

Before I cast my vote, however, I'd like to get a bit of background for each character. IIRC, Winds of Time's first poll had been between Mia, Eirik, and Nicholas, and each had their own backstory. (I think a frozen village, a fishing town, and something else. Can't remember.)
Tl;dr: I don't want my vote to be on which name I like best. I want to vote on which story is most interesting.

Ooh, another CYOA! :D

Before I cast my vote, however, I'd like to get a bit of background for each character. IIRC, Winds of Time's first poll had been between Mia, Eirik, and Nicholas, and each had their own backstory. (I think a frozen village, a fishing town, and something else. Can't remember.)
Tl;dr: I don't want my vote to be on which name I like best. I want to vote on which story is most interesting.
Ahh. I'm new to this, give me a few minutes [have to do something quickly] and I'll post each character's stories and personalities.

Harrison:
My name is Harrison. I'm 14 years old. I have Blonde hair and Blue Eyes. My hair is short with the exception of a long fringe that goes over my left eye. I excel in school, particularly Science and Math, but don't play sports too often. while I have a lot of friends, I usually walk around alone or drift between groups of friends at break.

Tom:
My name is Tom. I'm 14 years old. I have short brown hair and brown eyes. I excel at sports while keeping decent grades at school. I stick around in a group of friends, messing around and doing boy things, though they sometimes tease me about "not having a crush". Secretly, I'm Bisexual, but don't want to tell anyone.

Dylan:
My name is Dylan. I'm 14 years old. I have Amber eyes and Auburn hair of medium length. I am taller and thinner. I am balanced at everything, school-wise, but am not too popular because I don't like to talk much to people. I love animals.

Elise:
My name is Elise. I'm 14 years old. I have curly Red hair and was born with an odd quirk that made my eyes Pale Violet, but the guys think it's beautiful. I'm not too good at school, but love sports. [and am great at them] My parents are concerned about my grades, but as long as I play sports and play around with the guys, who cares?

Cynthia:
My name is Cynthia. I'm 14 years old. I have Looooooooong [Down to my waist] Blonde Hair and Green eyes. I'm a self-proclaimed nerd, playing Dungeons and Dragons at lunch with some friends, and adore Pokémon and Fire Emblem. I don't mess around with the guys too much, but some of them are attracted to me anyways. I hate sports, but maintain straight As in school.

Mariana:
My name is Mariana. I'm 14 years old. I have Black hair down to my shoulders, and Lapis-black eyes. I excel at everything, being good at sports and school, while keeping myself beautiful and presentable to the guys. I don't have too many friends, because most guys think I'm "out of their league" and most girls don't like me because of how good at everything I am, so I get lonely a lot.

So, let's do this WW style. To vote, do ##VOTEMAIN: [character]

You will need to vote for a main character, a love interest character of the opposite sex [unless you vote for Tom as main character, in which case you don't vote for a love interest.], and a rival/antagonistic character of the same sex.

Example:

##VOTEMAIN: Cynthia
##VOTELOVER: Harrison
##VOTERIVAL: Mariana

Voting ends at the same time. Enjoy! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
##VOTEMAIN: Cynthia
##VOTELOVER: Dylan
##VOTERIVAL: Elise

I really like Cynthia's character, especially since she seems to be the odd one out in not caring too much for relationships. I also think that being a self-proclaimed nerd will have a great impact on the story, and she's the only one who seems to know about Pokémon at all (and we have to have Pokémon in this story).

I like Dylan the most out of the male characters, partially because I can relate to him the most. I also think auburn hair and amber eyes are very striking features, so that goes well with Cynthia's being the odd one out. Plus, his love of animals and Cynthia's love of Pokémon mean that this might end up being a Pokémon CYOA after all! ^.^

I don't care much for Elise, what with the lack of interest in her parents' concerns. She just sounds more like an antagonist to me.

Also, are you sure Cynthia's not actually @Athena? They both love Pokémon and Fire Emblem, and their names even share a few letters (A, T, H, N). o_O

(and we have to have Pokémon in this story).
Can you guess what Pokémon may appear?

Plus, his love of animals and Cynthia's love of Pokémon mean that this might end up being a Pokémon CYOA after all! ^.^
Wow... I never made that connection.

Also, are you sure Cynthia's not actually @Athena? They both love Pokémon and Fire Emblem, and their names even share a few letters (A, T, H, N). o_O
Or that one. I'm learning things about my own characters!

Oh come on. The story hasn't even started and there are conspiracy theories already ;_;

Good to see you decided to write something, TDK! :D
Now just wait until you start writing...heh.
Anyways,
##VOTEMAIN: Elise
##VOTELOVER: Dylan
##VOTERIVAL: Mariana

I really like the interactions these characters would have, as the way I see it it's Outgoing/Social Girl+Shy Boy+Is-Good-At-Everything-And-Is-Mad-The-Guy-Doesn't-Love-Her-Back Girl :p

If you need help for anything, feel free to ask! :D

About you being predictable: You mention Pichu in your sig, user title and profile :V

##VOTEMAIN: Mariana
##VOTELOVER: Tom
##VOTERIVAL: Elise

I think that Mariana is the best choice for a main since she is probably the most interesting in terms of personality, Tom since he is about the opposite of Mariana (cliches cliches), and Elise because she seems like a jerk.

Current Votecount:

Harrison [Hero]: 1
Tom [Hero]: 0
Dylan [Hero]: o
Elise [Hero]: 1
Cynthia [Hero]: 2
Mariana [Hero]: 1

Harrison [Lover; only if protagonist is female]: 0
Tom [Lover; only if protagonist is female]: 1
Dylan [Lover; only if protagonist is female]: 2
Elise [Lover; only if protagonist is male*]: 0
Cynthia [Lover; only if protagonist is male*]: 1
Mariana [Lover; only if the protagonist is male*]: 0

Harrison [Antagonist; only if protagonist is male]: 0
Tom [Antagonist; only if protagonist is male]: 1
Dylan [Antagonist; only if protagonist is male]: 0
Elise [Antagonist; only if protagonist is female]: 2
Cynthia [Antagonist; only if protagonist is female]: 0
Mariana [Antagonist; only if protagonist is female]: 1

Current Leaders: Cynthia [Hero], Dylan [Lover], Elise [Antagonist]

As you were.

If @Athena's okay with it... we might get an Athena cameo of sorts... but I won't say any more...

Elise because she seems like a jerk.
The saddest part might be that Elise's personality was based off of someone I actually know.

Last edited by a moderator:
A character that's secretly me? I have to vote for them now. ##VOTEMAIN: Cynthia I even did used to play D&D a lot, though I'm a brunette and my hair has never been longer than upper-back. :p I guess I'll also have to ##VOTELOVER: Dylan for being the closest to my husband, and ##VOTERIVAL: Elise since she seems the most opposite/antagonist type compared to the others.

Wow, one trio has quite the lead! I'll leave the votes open until sunday as is, but I'm pretty sure it won't change...

/me bribes all of the voters :V

I'd say leave it 24h, everyone who would want to have voted would've already done so.

/me bribes all of the voters :V

I'd say leave it 24h, everyone who would want to have voted would've already done so.
You know, I doubt it would change at all, so...

Voting is now closed!
Main Character: Cynthia
Love Interest: Dylan
Rival: Elise

Now, time to start working on the story...

Here it is! Seeing as Cynthia was the favourite protagonist, I'm starting us off in a game of Dungeons & Dragons!

So, what do you do? You have until Friday, October 2nd to tell me!

Last edited:
Back