XY A Kalos/Hoenn Crossover in 2015?

RE: A Kalos/Hoenn Crossover in 2015? It's likely true!

ilovecommas said:
Now, a Kalos/Hoeen crossover Ranger game would be a great idea!!

I'd play it for sure! I'm afraid they won't make another Ranger game, but it would be sweet.

I've never played it but it always seemed to me like a great game and a great option for those that don't want to just capture and have that same Gym/E4 story. As my name suggests, I would like to see a game with Rangers but only Grass-type one! That would be an instant purchase! :)

Leaf_Ranger said:
ilovecommas said:
I'd play it for sure! I'm afraid they won't make another Ranger game, but it would be sweet.

I've never played it but it always seemed to me like a great game and a great option for those that don't want to just capture and have that same Gym/E4 story. As my name suggests, I would like to see a game with Rangers but only Grass-type one! That would be an instant purchase! :)

I think they are a lot of fun. I've played them all. They story line is good and it was just something fun and different. I have heard a lot of people don't like them, but to each their own! I say it's time they do a new one.

Let me try a more precise and explained approach on this:

-Zygarde will be the mascot (this is self-explanatory)

-it's going to be 2 games, with a new form for Zygarde for each of the games. The 2 forms will be meant to counter (at least plot-wise) Xerneas or Yveltal (who might get a new form, Mega, Primal or similar as well), depending on which one wasn't woken by Flare in the initial Version (X2=ZygardeX vs Yveltal, Y2=ZygardeY vs Xerneas).
This quite specific prediction is implied by:
1. hackers having found that XY/ORAS are programmed to be compatible with 2 more games (the pentagon symbol has 6 origin-region values, here is the source: pastebin.com/zPgwx6mb)
2. the 2 hidden moves "Thousand Arrows/Thousand Waves", as these are identical to Zygardes current only signature move Land's Wrath (all 90P spread-Ground moves) with an additional effect each (hitting airborne targets and trapping enemies respectively), not to mention the new moves have animations involving green hexagons flying across the screen. (It pretty much gives away that Land's Wrath will be like Kyurems Glaciate. It will change to one of the other moves when it changes form, Glaciate->Ice Burn/Freeze Shock, Land's Wrath->Thousand Arrows/Thousand Waves)

-The Versions will likely be called X2 and Y2 following gen5s follow-up games. However GF might cleverly use the fact that the letter Z resembles the number 2, and call them XZ and YZ. Not to mention Zygarde itself might somewhat resemble Xerneas/Yveltal in its design.

-a third round of new Mega evolutions is obvious in this case.
The only ones I am 100% confident about getting in is the Kalos starters. Because GF would be stupid not to grab this opportunity to make the "repetition" of the newest starters in the sequel more interesting with a mechanic this generation introduced in the first place!

-Battle Frontier!
otherwise the whole tease with the Battle Resort in ORAS would be just a big middle-finger with spotlights (lets face it, Delta Emerald is not gonna happen just for the Battle Frontier, even by Gamefreaks standards that would be a new low)

-a whole new southern part of Kalos (including the starting town), as well as new places, routes and dungeons popping up throughout the rest of Kalos.
This isn't merely selfexplanatory from BW2, there was actually plenty of places in XY that felt unused or not fully explorable to imply that this is the case (Rhyhorn Tracks, all those locked Powerplants, unsued Train station...). And of course there is Kiloude City which is supposedly an example of southern-Kalos culture.

-of course the path through the region (and the gyms, their types and leaders etc) will be radically different as there will be new protagonists and the story taking place years after XY, with a climax in the mascot-stuff mentioned above.

-the customization wardrobe will definitely make a return for the Kalos-sequels and changed to fit the new characters as well as get expanded.

-references to XY and ORAS should be everywhere (we might even see characters like Zinnia show up), if not even further explained. In particular, Lookers situation from ORAS, and AZs background (definitely its special Floette made available somehow)

From here on anything else is pure speculation and personal wishes.

I think all of your ideas, Mitja, are all very plausible and realistic ideas and expectations.

Especially the idea about the battle frontier.
Mainly because ORAS is actually set 2-3 years before the storyline of XY. Not to mention the Battle Resort even has a model of the Battle Tower and specifically mentions the start of the Battle Frontier by name.

As for how many Megas we will receive, I'm sure that, given the 28 and 20 we got in XYORAS, will most likely get around the same amount, I'll go ahead and predict 21-23. But they seem to like even numbers. So who knows.

Continuing on with the starter Megas, we may see the Unova and Johto starters getting Megas, but like what you said, I think this go around, we will see Kalos starters, and more of a focus on Kalos-native Pokémon. But I could be wrong, and they could continue on the same old tired schtick of giving Gen 1 and 3 Pokémon Megas, because those are the top 2 gens for people who play for Nostalgia, as most people started playing in games from 1 and 3.

It would be nice for them to blow us out of the water, and have them shine more light upon Gens 2, 4, and 6. But that is just wishful thinking for the moment. I have little hope for Gen 5. Audino got a Mega, but what was even the point in that.

Vom said:
For the same reason people buy smartphones instead of phones and cameras. It's more practical. In Pokémon's case, it's just sick to have 2 regions in the same game, as this means more Pokémon, more challenge, and everything already stated by the OP. Don't tell me you didn't want to get HGSS when it came out, even if not for the reason of there being 2 regions.

More on-topic, I would LOVE to see a game like that *O* Hoenn is my favorite region after Sinnoh, and a game with both Kalos and Hoenn would be..well, pretty darn awesome. Those arguments look fairly valid to me, but being realistic TPCi has never done anything like this so I don't think they would now.

If it was to be released whatsoever, given the nature of the evidence you provide, I don't think it would be released in 2015, or at least not before December. Here's why:
  • There was a reference to the Pokémon Dream World (intended or not) in the original RZE. A guy in Devon said that he was working on a device that would allow people to see the dreams of Pokémon (or something very similar, I don't really remember exactly atm) but something like that didn't happen in 2 generations, 7 years; until the release of BW.
  • I get the feeling that lately TPCi wants the audience to be hyped for the next Pokémon game. If a game like this was to be released in 2015, at least some information would have been leaked already, with really small clues to a Kalos/Hoenn mix; given that XY were released ~10 months after their announcement, and information had been leaking from even before that iirc. Those 10 months of wait really hyped the games, so much that they were one of the most sold games during their year of release.
    So, following this logic, and given that Hoenn alone already creates a lot of hype, I think TPCi would announce this at least a year before its release, possibly in January/February to maximize sales.
  • In the Pokémon world, Kalos is far away from all of the other regions, as shown in this map:
    latest
    Thus, it would make more sense to first link two of those regions instead of Hoenn and Kalos; if they link any at all. I don't consider this a solid reason (especially because the hype argument and this one contradict each other) but I'm just listing it for what it's worth.

As much as I'd like this to be released, TPCi probably won't.

EDIT: What do you mean by your first sentence?

On that map you put up I saw a few regions I had never seen before. What games are they from?

WitherSnow said:
On that map you put up I saw a few regions I had never seen before. What games are they from?

Orre is the region Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness are set in.
Fiore is home to the first Pokemon Ranger game. Almia the second. Oblivia the third.
Holon is a region explored exclusively in the trading card game, and is home to Delta Species Pokemon. http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-the-holon-region?pid=2451880#pid2451880

I agree with pretty much everything Mitja said, except one thing... I also think Zygarde's formes/Megas/wtv will have a BST of 700 (specially if they're Mega evos) to show it rules over the other 2 (in the same way Rayquaza has 10 more BST points than Kyogre and Groudon). That said, what would be the point of all that if they also gave Megas or a forme with higher stats to Xerneas and Yveltal... That would make them even stronger and defeat the point of having Zygarde facing them and defeat them (plot wise)...
Another ideia is I think one of the Zygarde formes/Megas might change its type, specifically the one meant to counter Xerneas. Its move will most likely be Thousand Waves, which traps the target, so I think they will change that forme/Mega's type to ???/Ground instead of Dragon/Ground (as Dragon is weak to Fairy, it'd be counterproductive). I'm guessing the new type will be Poison, as it's super effective against Fairy and IMO, it fits Zygarde. Also because so far, when there's 2 Megas for the same Pokémon, one has a type change and I believe between formes and Megas, they might go with Mega evos since it's the key mechanic of Gen 6, probably special Megas like Rayquaza that doesn't need a Mega Stone.

I would really like there to be a game with both regions, but I can't see them doing something like that again.

BUT if we did... Here's something to think about...

Pokémon Zeta. Keeps the Greek letter theme of Omega Ruy and Alpha Sapphire. Also it starts with Z, and Zeta is the SIXTH letter in the Greek alphabet. Sixth gen much?

It would be great if they did that. That is a game that I could play for months.

While I was reading, that comment about the high-speed train brought to my mind the tunnel that connects france and england; I hope they take that route instead of expanding kalos to the south, and do it like G/S, where you start on pokemon london with the gen six starters (who, as mitja said, will have megas, with probably the second gen megas coming later for the same game), and have you go to a renewed kalos through the tunnel at some point in the story, to get zygarde and do whatever it is you will need to do about the rogue legendary.

Also to bring back the boutiques, because ORAS without them is a travesty of the highest degree.

For the rest, listen to mitja, he has good ideas.

Back