XY A Kalos/Hoenn Crossover in 2015?

Mortal_Zachary

I am... Durant-Man!
There are two games that XY and ORAS can communicate with. ORAS is 24 and 25 and 26/27 are unknown.

There are two unused Zygarde moves. That proves that these two games are a pair and not two separate games. These moves are called Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows.

There is likely going to be spotlight on Johto and here's the evidence. Kalos has a place called the Sea Spirit's Den which the Kanto birds roost at. Lugia is their leader and it's known as the Guardian of the Seas. Expect Mega Lugia! Take a look at the HA Johto Starter event on in the PokeBank. It lasts until November 30th. Early October to early November is the perfect time to release an XY sequel that puts some spotlight on Johto.

In Slateport City, they are discussing building a ship with the high speed rail technology from Kalos.

Not to mention all the references to Battle Frontier, Pike Queen, Scott, Champion Wallace, Match Call, and an explorer named Brandon hunting for Volcanion in Kalos.

Masuda wants to be unpredictable. He already said he won't make Pokemon Z. X2Y2 would be too predictable as well.

Think guys, the ultimate Pokemon game. These games would blow HGSS and B2W2 out of the water. Kalos and Hoenn together means two regions. Every feature from both regions in the games. Two champions, automatic Mega Milotic, expanded secret bases, ultimate character customization, every single Pokemon within two titles, and Hoenn's Battle Frontier.

RE: A Kalos/Hoenn Crossover in 2015? It's likely true!

I don't think so. They already made both of these games, why would people shell out just to get a copy of both in the same game??

For the same reason people buy smartphones instead of phones and cameras. It's more practical. In Pokémon's case, it's just sick to have 2 regions in the same game, as this means more Pokémon, more challenge, and everything already stated by the OP. Don't tell me you didn't want to get HGSS when it came out, even if not for the reason of there being 2 regions.

More on-topic, I would LOVE to see a game like that *O* Hoenn is my favorite region after Sinnoh, and a game with both Kalos and Hoenn would be..well, pretty darn awesome. Those arguments look fairly valid to me, but being realistic TPCi has never done anything like this so I don't think they would now.

If it was to be released whatsoever, given the nature of the evidence you provide, I don't think it would be released in 2015, or at least not before December. Here's why:
  • There was a reference to the Pokémon Dream World (intended or not) in the original RZE. A guy in Devon said that he was working on a device that would allow people to see the dreams of Pokémon (or something very similar, I don't really remember exactly atm) but something like that didn't happen in 2 generations, 7 years; until the release of BW.
  • I get the feeling that lately TPCi wants the audience to be hyped for the next Pokémon game. If a game like this was to be released in 2015, at least some information would have been leaked already, with really small clues to a Kalos/Hoenn mix; given that XY were released ~10 months after their announcement, and information had been leaking from even before that iirc. Those 10 months of wait really hyped the games, so much that they were one of the most sold games during their year of release.
    So, following this logic, and given that Hoenn alone already creates a lot of hype, I think TPCi would announce this at least a year before its release, possibly in January/February to maximize sales.
  • In the Pokémon world, Kalos is far away from all of the other regions, as shown in this map:
    latest
    Thus, it would make more sense to first link two of those regions instead of Hoenn and Kalos; if they link any at all. I don't consider this a solid reason (especially because the hype argument and this one contradict each other) but I'm just listing it for what it's worth.

As much as I'd like this to be released, TPCi probably won't.

EDIT: What do you mean by your first sentence?

Vom said:
[*]There was a reference to the Pokémon Dream World (intended or not) in the original RZE. A guy in Devon said that he was working on a device that would allow people to see the dreams of Pokémon (or something very similar, I don't really remember exactly atm) but something like that didn't happen in 2 generations, 7 years; until the release of BW.
[*]I get the feeling that lately TPCi wants the audience to be hyped for the next Pokémon game. If a game like this was to be released in 2015, at least some information would have been leaked already, with really small clues to a Kalos/Hoenn mix; given that XY were released ~10 months after their announcement, and information had been leaking from even before that iirc. Those 10 months of wait really hyped the games, so much that they were one of the most sold games during their year of release.
With the dream world thing, he could of found the way to communicate with them in the next pokemon game.

ORAS was announced on May 2014, so we can wait til then... or til E3! There are two another games XY can be playable with other then ORAS.

Yes, but how do you know there are 2 other games? That's what I don't understand o_O

Vom said:
Yes, but how do you know there are 2 other games? That's what I don't understand o_O

Its in the coding, Like how Hoopa was on there.

Mortal_Zachary said:
There are two games that XY and ORAS can communicate with. ORAS is 24 and 25 and 26/27 are unknown.

Welp that was pretty obvious to me even without the 2 left game markers, because..

Mortal_Zachary said:
There are two unused Zygarde moves. That proves that these two games are a pair and not two separate games. These moves are called Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows.

... exactly this. As soon as I saw Thousand Arrows/Waves like a year ago from XY datamining, I knew it meant one very specific thing:

They have 2 separate changes for Zygarde in mind for the XY-follow-up game.

It's like Kyurem all over again, which was a bit surprising at first but I guess they liked splitting the third mascot into two designs and decided to do that this time too.

And this time the two moves are actually "clones" of Zygardes original signature move (Lands Wrath) with merely an added effect, which makes it even clearer than in Kyurems case that those are REPLACEMENT moves, rather than moves it can learn in addition to Lands Wrath.

The obvious speculation can be taken even a step further, by looking at the added effects: trapping grounded opponents or hitting airborne ones. Since Zygardes "counterparts" are Xerneas and Yveltal, it's surely no coincidence that one of them is airborne.
This may imply that there will be some kind of face-off between the new designs for Zygarde and the otehr 2 mascots in each of the 2 games respectively, which firstly fits it's backstory about restoring balance and secondly the fact that one of the XY mascots is still untouched in each versions universe for the sequel to use in the plot (pretty much exactly like Ns unobtainable Zekrom/Reshiram from BW becomes obtainable after he lets it free in BW2, giving anyone who buys the same color twice access to both color mascots)

Mortal_Zachary said:
There is likely going to be spotlight on Johto and here's the evidence. Kalos has a place called the Sea Spirit's Den which the Kanto birds roost at. Lugia is their leader and it's known as the Guardian of the Seas. Expect Mega Lugia!

Now that came completely out of nowhere..

Why on earth would the spotlight be Johto? You didn't actually provide any "evidence" or even a proper basis for why that would make sense to think.

I seriously doubt they would put a spotlight on Lugia without putting one on Ho-oh.
But even assuming they would also cover Ho-oh and for sake of consistency get the beast trio involved too... we've just had access to Lugia/Ho-oh in ORAS and the beasts, with all of the trio obtainable in either game. Now if there was only one beast available in a gen6 game exactly like was the case for one bird in XY, THEN this would be a serious point, but that's not the case.

And then additionally suggesting a Mega for Lugia... now that's pure speculation. Might as well suggest to expect Mega Arceus because there is an event distribution, Mega Xerneas/Yveltal to make them more interesting after XY, and a Mega Mewtwo Z for the heck of it, and all three examples are still more realistic expectations than Mega Lugia out of the blue.

Mortal_Zachary said:
Take a look at the HA Johto Starter event on in the PokeBank. It lasts until November 30th. Early October to early November is the perfect time to release an XY sequel that puts some spotlight on Johto.

The simpler explanation for why there is HA Johto starters event going on would be that they were the only starters left whose HAs weren't distributed yet and many people were waiting for them for a while now.
This distribution doesn't actually imply either way.
There could be Johto starters given out in the middle of the journey just like Kanto starters were and then have Mega stones to show off too....but so could Sinnoh starters. Johto starters being distributed might even be a point towards Sinnoh or Unova starters being featured instead since Johto was covered by the event the whole year leading up to the sequels! LOL
But we also just had all starters made equally available through post-game Birch in ORAS..
And not to mention, since the starters of the sequels will most definitely be Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie (like every follow-up game ever), it would actually make perfect sense for them to get a bigger focus now as they are already a repeittive case otehrwise, so why not shake things up by giving them Mega evolutions? I mean they are the starters of the generation/region that introduced us to mega evolution in the first place. It makes complete sense that they would be the ones to get on the Mega-train to finish their own generation like it's actual stars rather than sitting in the shadows of old starters through 6 games!

So I say:"Expect Mega evolutions for gen 6 starters!

Mortal_Zachary said:
In Slateport City, they are discussing building a ship with the high speed rail technology from Kalos.

Not to mention all the references to Battle Frontier, Pike Queen, Scott, Champion Wallace, Match Call, and an explorer named Brandon hunting for Volcanion in Kalos.

Cross references between regions featured in the same generations are completely normal and don't tell us anything about what the sequels are going to be like.
Is that still supposed to be part of the Johto-idea or did you just jump to something completely else?
I mean these are interesting details but the sequels could still feature either Kalos, or a new southern part of Kalos or heck even Hoenn again (highly unlikely unless GF does soemthing silly and pulls Delta Emerald on us against all common sense), or both Hoenn and Kalos (which is actually an interesting idea), but that sounds either too cheap or too much work. In none of these cases the listed references make a difference, they're all consistent and independent.
The most realistic expectation for where the sequels take place is probably just Kalos with a dozen new areas (akin to the expanded Unova of BW2).
Also Battle Frontier would not be surprising, as the hardcore facilities always show up in the game that does not have to include a region from scratch (in other words, a game that is basically a modified and improved version of another game of the current generation, in this case the sequels to XY which will be improved versions of XY obviously).

Mortal_Zachary said:
Masuda wants to be unpredictable. He already said he won't make Pokemon Z. X2Y2 would be too predictable as well.

Get the exact quote (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-director-explains-why-series-is-becoming-e/1100-6422945/ ) and you'll find out he did not actually say he doesn't want to be unpredictable, just that they always try to surprise people and that making ORAS instead of an expected Z right after XY did that job. It tells us nothing about the actual sequels that are going to come out at one point in near future one way or another.

Mortal_Zachary said:
Think guys, the ultimate Pokemon game. These games would blow HGSS and B2W2 out of the water. Kalos and Hoenn together means two regions. Every feature from both regions in the games. Two champions, automatic Mega Milotic, expanded secret bases, ultimate character customization, every single Pokemon within two titles, and Hoenn's Battle Frontier.

I wouldn't call slapping the two sets of games that just came out together "the ultimate" game. That would be the lazy game if anything and probably a messy process. They'd have 2 regions which have to be made interesting again and Hoenn (I assume) modified heavily to work as a post-game region. Way messier and unprofessional than taking just Kalos and trying to enrich it as much as possible to make a second journey feel legitimately refreshing, with the hopes of topping BW2s attempt in all ways.
And the concepts and themes even clash at some points. For example the playable character of Hoenn had a fixed design for a reason: their clothes are made for exploration of the exotic Hoenn region, from deserts to diving, whereas in Kalos the theme was beauty and fashion, which brought us a much desired trainer customisation feature.

That's my response flavored with perhaps some off-topic (it's not like the original post seems to know what it wants to be about so I tried covering everything it touched upon) and clarifications with my own standpoints and reasons for it.

In conclusion, here is my "what to expect from XY-sequels", trying to keep it as realistic as possible all things past and current taken into account:

Expect:
-2 games, direct sequels to XY
-Region: Kalos 1.6 (if BW2s Unova were considered Unova 1.5)
-Character: a new face, trainer customisation back with a quite expanded/redone wardrobe
-Starters: Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie, with their Mega evolutions shown off in the story
-Kalosdex: expanded further (probably even up to ~600)
-Gym leader/E4 roster shaken up a fair bit (changing order, some being left out and replaced, some changing drastically)
-Main Story: a legendary plot involving Xerneas in Y-sequel and Yveltal in X-sequel (with perhaps even new forms, Primals or non-item Megas themselves)
-Zygarde gaining a new form in each version (whether they're Megas, Primals, Kyurem-esque absorbtions, or something enitrely unqiue to Zygarde, but definitely achievable without held item and a TBS of 700)
-New Zygarde forme facing the other mascot at the climax
-XYs lore continued, AZs Floette obtainable, more about Looker
-plenty of Hoenn-flavor from ORAS leaking over into these games (characters from Steven/Wallace to Zinnia, Scott, perhaps even Juan showing up..)
-another healthy amount of new Megas added (practically none for gen I, but plenty for V and VI)
-plenty of old legends obtainable in post-game, with higher chances for ones that were version exclusives in ORAS
-a full Battle Frontier including a Battle Tower as Maisons replacement (and likely an Inverse battle facility)
-Easy and Challenge mode available
-Friend Safari with some new twist and a changed Pokemon List

I doubt we're getting a game in 2015. They seem to be too focused on promoting ORAS at this point.

I'm getting a lot of conflicting messages from Game Freak as far as the next game. On one hand, there's several hints towards another Kalos game with Zygarde's forms, Eternal Flower Floette, and Volcanion. But on the other hand, there's the Strange Souvenir from XY which hints towards an entirely new region coming soon, and the entire National Dex (minus Volcanion, who isn't required) is obtainable between XY and ORAS. It's possible that they could be one and the same, but it would be awkward to have them both in the same game.

Vom said:
[*]There was a reference to the Pokémon Dream World (intended or not) in the original RZE. A guy in Devon said that he was working on a device that would allow people to see the dreams of Pokémon (or something very similar, I don't really remember exactly atm) but something like that didn't happen in 2 generations, 7 years; until the release of BW.

And what does that have to do with 6th gen?

Vom said:
[*]In the Pokémon world, Kalos is far away from all of the other regions, as shown in this map:
latest
Thus, it would make more sense to first link two of those regions instead of Hoenn and Kalos; if they link any at all. I don't consider this a solid reason (especially because the hype argument and this one contradict each other) but I'm just listing it for what it's worth.
[/list]

That map is likely inaccurate since the Pokemon world follows the real world. Unova and Kalos are probably equally far away from Poke Japan.

As for the argument that they're too far away, they could always have you travel by plane.

Mitja pid= said:
Now that came completely out of nowhere..

Why on earth would the spotlight be Johto? You didn't actually provide any "evidence" or even a proper basis for why that would make sense to think.

I seriously doubt they would put a spotlight on Lugia without putting one on Ho-oh.
But even assuming they would also cover Ho-oh and for sake of consistency get the beast trio involved too... we've just had access to Lugia/Ho-oh in ORAS and the beasts, with all of the trio obtainable in either game. Now if there was only one beast available in a gen6 game exactly like was the case for one bird in XY, THEN this would be a serious point, but that's not the case.

And then additionally suggesting a Mega for Lugia... now that's pure speculation. Might as well suggest to expect Mega Arceus because there is an event distribution, Mega Xerneas/Yveltal to make them more interesting after XY, and a Mega Mewtwo Z for the heck of it, and all three examples are still more realistic expectations than Mega Lugia out of the blue.

Well they're probably not going to do Mega Arceus until DP remakes. Johto I'm not as sure about seeing as they've already been remade, but if for whatever reason they plan on re-remaking Johto next gen they might want to save the Johto legendaries as well.

Mitja said:
Get the exact quote (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-director-explains-why-series-is-becoming-e/1100-6422945/) and you'll find out he did not actually say he doesn't want to be unpredictable, just that they always try to surprise people and that making ORAS instead of an expected Z right after XY did that job. It tells us nothing about the actual sequels that are going to come out at one point in near future one way or another.

Link doesn't work.

Mitja said:
In conclusion, here is my "what to expect from XY-sequels", trying to keep it as realistic as possible all things past and current taken into account:

Expect:
-Character: a new face, trainer customisation back with a quite expanded/redone wardrobe
-Starters: Chespin/Fennekin/Froakie, with their Mega evolutions shown off in the story
-Gym leader/E4 roster shaken up a fair bit (changing order, some being left out and replaced, some changing drastically)
-Main Story: a legendary plot involving Xerneas in Y-sequel and Yveltal in X-sequel (with perhaps even new forms, Primals or non-item Megas themselves)
-Zygarde gaining a new form in each version (whether they're Megas, Primals, Kyurem-esque absorbtions, or something enitrely unqiue to Zygarde, but definitely achievable without held item and a TBS of 700)
-plenty of Hoenn-flavor from ORAS leaking over into these games (characters from Steven/Wallace to Zinnia, Scott, perhaps even Juan showing up..)
-another healthy amount of new Megas added (practically none for gen I, but plenty for V and VI)
-plenty of old legends obtainable in post-game, with higher chances for ones that were version exclusives in ORAS
-a full Battle Frontier including a Battle Tower as Maisons replacement (and likely an Inverse battle facility)

Sounds about right.

I don't see much of a reason to expand the Kalos Dex though, unless they make new Pokemon. Post game needs the extra Pokemon more than the main game, XY's post game is pretty barren.

Bolt the Cat said:
I doubt we're getting a game in 2015. They seem to be too focused on promoting ORAS at this point.

The same could've been said about XY, and then ORAS happened. I would wait until May or even June to decide whether we get a new main series title this year.

Bolt the Cat said:

I'm getting a lot of conflicting messages from Game Freak as far as the next game. On one hand, there's several hints towards another Kalos game with Zygarde's forms, Eternal Flower Floette, and Volcanion. But on the other hand, there's the Strange Souvenir from XY which hints towards an entirely new region coming soon, and the entire National Dex (minus Volcanion, who isn't required) is obtainable between XY and ORAS. It's possible that they could be one and the same, but it would be awkward to have them both in the same game.

Vom said:

May be the same case. May not.

As for the map, I doubt anything in Pokémon Wiki is inaccurate.

They have Hoenn flipped 90 degress. That's preeeetty inaccurate. Orre is also confirmed to be based on Arizone or New Mexico, I don't remember which.

Cinesra said:
They have Hoenn flipped 90 degress. That's preeeetty inaccurate.

Not really. It's still in the same part of the world as Kyushu.

I'm sure it is, but a real world map with Greenland flipped on its side would still be called inaccurate even though it's in the right area.

Vom said:
Bolt the Cat said:

May be the same case. May not.

As for the map, I doubt anything in Pokémon Wiki is inaccurate.

First of, it's a Wiki, so poeple can change it and it's not an absolute truth. Secondly and more importantly, despite regions until Isshu being based on specific parts of Japan, that doesn't mean they have to be in relation to each other like in the real world.
In the games, we always play with the map turned to their respective coordinates, so Oldale is to the north and Slateport to the South. Also, in HGSS, there's a link between the Sinjoh ruins (Sinnoh + Johto) and one of the shows in Pkgear mentions Sinnoh as the land to the north with the Lake of Rage being perhaps connected to the lakes of Sinnoh, so Sinnoh is closer and most likely right to the north of Johto than what that map shows.

As far as a mixed games concerns me...taking into account how I didn't played X/Y because of the graphics and mostly because of that abomination known as M.Evo and seeing that I'm not interested in AS/OR for that same reasons, joining new Hoenn and Kalos is like a package of garbage. I'm wanting to see Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sevii islands together in one game but not in 3D, so that's impossible seeing that the "future" and what's "good" is 3D. :rolleyes:

Cinesra said:
I'm sure it is, but a real world map with Greenland flipped on its side would still be called inaccurate even though it's in the right area.

If you were to actually spend some time to look at the map of Japan, and the section which Hoenn is based off of, you'd realize that Hoenn and it's real life counterpart are correctly rotated 90 degrees, as shown in the "Pokemon World" map above, in accordance with their shape (if you lay Hoenn over its real-world counterpart, they only match when Hoenn is rotated 90 degrees).

Mitja said:
Expect:

You say Mortal_Zachary doesn't provide "evidence" or even a proper basis for why Mega Lugia could be in the next two games (his evidence being the existence of the Sea Spirit's Den), yet you go onto make speculations without any basis yourself (New Zygarde forme "definately achievable without held item").

You can't sit there and say he hasn't provided enough evidence for his speculation on the next games, and then go and list off your own "what to expect" whilst providing the same amount of evidence, if not less?

Luigi08 said:
If you were to actually spend some time to look at the map of Japan, and the section which Hoenn is based off of, you'd realize that Hoenn and it's real life counterpart are correctly rotated 90 degrees, as shown in the "Pokemon World" map above, in accordance with their shape (if you lay Hoenn over its real-world counterpart, they only match when Hoenn is rotated 90 degrees).
Do you seriously think I haven't looked at a map of Japan before. Of course I know that Kyushu and Hoenn are pretty much the same, only Hoenn is flipped on its side. I'm legitimately annoyed because it feels like you're implying I'm an idiot.

Please give me one reason that Hoenn isn't actually rotated. The game map and even an interview with Masuda make it clear that Hoenn's North is Kyushu's East. Why would all the maps of it be turned on their side? All the maps of say Unova or Johto are displayed with North at the top, so why would Hoenn be any different? It's almost as if Pokemon regions are inspired by real world places, but don't have to match them exactly! Wow, who would've thought of that?

Cinesra said:

The orientation isn't relevant to the argument, it's the location that matters in this case.

This is probably not the right place for this but I don't know how/if I can start a new post, but here goes: does anyone think they will do another spinoff game (like Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, or Conquest) soon? It seems like it is about time for one to be released at least by next year (I don't count Pokemon Shuffle or the ones only downloadable through DS, just because they are shorter games). Art Academy was 2014 and before that there was about one a year released. I also think they would be developing a new game for WiiU, the last console game we had was Pokemon Ruble U in 2013, as far as I can tell. I say this because since 2004 (according to Wikipedia) there has been one game released a year for Gamecube/Wii/WiiU.

Please don't tear me apart, I tried to find accurate information and I guess more than anything I'd just like to see another console game (as well as a new Ranger game - I know a lot of people hated it, but I loved it) and am hopeful, especially after seeing what they have done with the graphics in Pokkén Tournament!

Bolt the Cat said:
Cinesra said:

The orientation isn't relevant to the argument, it's the location that matters in this case.

If the map of the "Pokémon world" actually shows Hoenn in the wrong place and rotated, looking instead like the region on which it was inspired, instead of Hoenn like it's supposed to be and the user based his arguments on a wrong map, then the argument for the theory about a crossover falls apart, at least on that point.

Here, have an official map from. According to it's source, which I won't name because I'm not in the mood to read the rules, it's "A map with Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, with movie locations marked. Scanned from a Movie 10 booklet by Altomare Latios.":

(And what I said about Sinnoh being to the north of Hoenn isn't invalid because the map also shows the Sevii Islands displaced.)
And yes, the map is slighted tilted but the regions in relations to each other are as they should be and their North, South, East and West is the same for all, no region is rotated!!
20120612175125%21RegionsMoviesMap.jpg

ilovecommas said:
This is probably not the right place for this but I don't know how/if I can start a new post, but here goes: does anyone think they will do another spinoff game (like Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, or Conquest) soon? It seems like it is about time for one to be released at least by next year (I don't count Pokemon Shuffle or the ones only downloadable through DS, just because they are shorter games). Art Academy was 2014 and before that there was about one a year released. I also think they would be developing a new game for WiiU, the last console game we had was Pokemon Ruble U in 2013, as far as I can tell. I say this because since 2004 (according to Wikipedia) there has been one game released a year for Gamecube/Wii/WiiU.

Please don't tear me apart, I tried to find accurate information and I guess more than anything I'd just like to see another console game (as well as a new Ranger game - I know a lot of people hated it, but I loved it) and am hopeful, especially after seeing what they have done with the graphics in Pokkén Tournament!

Now, a Kalos/Hoeen crossover Ranger game would be a great idea!!

Now, a Kalos/Hoeen crossover Ranger game would be a great idea!!
[/quote]

I'd play it for sure! I'm afraid they won't make another Ranger game, but it would be sweet.

Back