(4) Undaunted, Kanto Starters, Crobat Download, Sprouse Twins in Commercial [8/13]

Why don't you make it into a set on the left navigation bar just like HS and HS-Unleashed?

Playerking95 said:
If you listen to the first Pokemon theme i'm sure they say Po-Kay-Mon. Does it really matter what they say?

It doesn't really matter, but it sounds more rediculous when you say it rather then sing it. Po-KAY-mon fits the song better.

I mostly hear it said either "Pok-a-mon" or "Pok-E-mon".

I already know why they say Po-kay-mon.
In fact, "Po-kay-mon" is the official pronounciation... in America!! The reason for why this happens is simple. You Americans just don't know how to deal with words that have that accent on the "e". FYI, "é" simply sounds like an open E as in the words "get", "net", etc. It is very used in Latin-languages (like Portuguese, which is my case).

Kanto starters with new abilities? Sounds exiting.
All the scans are up, yeah(Your welcome for the pointless Raichu and Houndoom Prime :D)
Wish I were at worlds to get the Crobat.
Kanto Starter abilities.
Bulbasaur: Whatever the abilitie Breloom has
Charmander: Flash Fire
Squirtle: Swift Swim

I always pronounced Pokémon like "Po-keh-mon." It may stand for the English word "pocket" and but you have to keep in mind how the Japanese say it. The "e" is said like the "e" in the English word "bed." "Po-kay-mon" doesn't annoy me as much as "pok-uh-mon" which is how I remember them saying it in the dubbed anime. As far as I know, the dub has never pronounced it correctly. :p

lotusoftheleaf said:
I always pronounced Pokémon like "Po-keh-mon." It may stand for the English word "pocket" and but you have to keep in mind how the Japanese say it. The "e" is said like the "e" in the English word "bed." "Po-kay-mon" doesn't annoy me as much as "pok-uh-mon" which is how I remember them saying it in the dubbed anime. As far as I know, the dub has never pronounced it correctly. :p

ikr, I pronounce that way too, I said it in my previous post.
But in the other post, I mentioned "pocket" because I also pronounced the "e" in pocket that way (until I figured out the "e" in pocket is pronounced different)

EspeonROX said:
"Hi. I'm Cody Sprouse. I catch Po-kay-mon."

Yes! The scans are finally up! :] On that note, I'm so glad to see that this set only has ten holos.

Top five cards in this set are: (in no specific order)
1.) Scizor Prime
2.) Vileplume
3.) Umbreon
4.) Leafeon
5.) Weavile

For one, his name is Cole Sprouse

Why are people arguing about how to pronounce Pokémon?
I didn't know those two played Pokémon...quite interesting, now that I think about it.

Lol, people need to chill out on the twins. Americans pronounce all kinds of things differently, just accept it. (look at the way we say "karaoke" lol)

As for the article... Iono if writing "(a popular Japanese band)" really works for describing AKB48. They're an idol group with 48 girls, lol, which is pretty ridiculous (but it works!). As for the "who love Pokemon." in quotes, they've already established that they like Pokemon, so I'd take their word for it lol.

Black and White keeps on looking more interesting though.

So... Anyone want to guess what that thing Black has on his left arm is?
newitem.png

Shooter perhaps?

I gotta admit, I watch Suite Life On Deck in Disney Channel! It's my favorite show there and seeing the Sprouse twins advertise HeartGold and SoulSilver would be pretty awesome.

I actually took a screenshot of this because its been a dream of mine for a while to get mentioned on the front page.

lol its PokFrenchAccentedEMon

Sprouce twin commerical wast torture. They made the pokewalker sound more cool that it really is.

Yes! Undaunted scans! Thanks everyone for sending them in.

RE: (4) Undaunted, Kanto Starters, Crobat Download, Sprouse Twins in Commercial [8/1

cocowoushi said:
So... Anyone want to guess what that thing Black has on his left arm is?
newitem.png

Shooter perhaps?
Maybe it could be the C-Gear? Or the snagger from Closseum (that would be awesome):)

i think you might use it to swap places with your pokemon considering how its a rotation battle. i do think it could be the c gear though. any other pics?

BrightWater13 said:
Maybe it could be the C-Gear? Or the snagger from Closseum (that would be awesome):)

I do think it's a C-gear. Yes! It would be funny if it was a snagger from Closseum/XD=)=)

Metalizard said:
No, it's not. Po-ké-mon. It's just like the way it's spelled. Only stupid people say Po-kay-mon. Do you hear the japanese saying Po-kay-mon? I don't think so...

Yes.

That is how it's supposed to be pronounced in Japanese. ポモン "Ke" is pronounced like "kept". Although they do kind of add more of a "y" sound to the end of it.

/latepostislate

Sorry if anyone posted this, I just saw it and got kinda annoyed >>

^lol, You gotta read my first post on this page.

But anyway, if you listen to the japanese anime opening of the 1st episodes, Satoshi says "Pokémon, getto daze" and pronounces Pokémon as "Po-ke(open E)-mon". Do you even know what the accent means?

Back