News 2018 Rotation Announced!

Thanks to Generations my Gardevoir deck survives another year with only the loss of Shaymin EX. No more Rayquaza though.

This is the biggest upset since the 2017 Presidential election! Nobody could have predicted this, I mean nobody!

Can't say I'm very surprised, but I'm still glad that the Greninja deck I just bought isn't scrap paper now.

I've always accepted Breakthrough-On for the rotation. Just for the sake of changing the game, it should have been Evolutions-On.
Really? -_- You have refused to accept this. D#o you know the number thread @PMJ and I could pull up that disagree with your statement? You've done nothing but reject it.

Hahahahahaha! I told ya! BKT-on! BKT was the first set ft. BREAK Pokémon. BKP was the second set in the rotation was out of print. It does makes sense, just like Roaring Skies before.
  • Roaring Skies
  1. Shaymin EX
  2. Latios EX
  3. M-Rayquaza EX (Both)
  4. Reshiram
  5. Artucuno AT
  6. Trainers' Mail
  7. Mega Turbo
  8. SR VS Seeker
  9. Steven
  10. Zapdos
  11. Absol

Actually, Latios EX sticks around because he was one of the Tins alongside Hoopa. And Zapdos got a Full Art reprint in Generations.

That said, no Sky Field means no more Despair Ray for me. Thankfully I'm jumping on to Golisopod GX.

Also, why is it that I'm always getting a pound sign put in whenever I make a capital letter?

Does this change Japan's format at all, or will they still be XY on?

Next year, Japan's expanded format will become XY-On. Generations, not blocks, are what they go by for their formats...

Therefore, the answer is no, it doesn't change their format this year, but it will next year... :)

Last edited:
This really doesn't make any sense breakthrough and breakpoint both should of gotten kicked as well. Were getting mewtwo, darkrai, and zoroark gx cards so we don't need need the alternative ones. Plus there's no sense in having in having two versions of garbodor and Bridgette was not intended to be use with gx cards.

Really? -_- You have refused to accept this. D#o you know the number thread @PMJ and I could pull up that disagree with your statement? You've done nothing but reject it.

I gave reasons why it should be Evolutions-On and my why point has always been to change the game since nothing changes with Breakthrough-On. I've always accepted it as the most likely rotation. I can reject it all I like. I also rejected Trump and Hillery as president in favor of Bernie Sanders but it's not like people can be trusted to do the right thing.

I figured it would be BKT onwards. Everyone I told IRL said that they wouldn't only rotate 3 sets (3 and 1/2 counting Double Crisis) but rotations are always thematic, not indicated by set size

When Standard shifted from BW-on to NXD-on they moved from the first BW set to the first BW set with EXs. (3 sets rotated)
When Standard shifted from NXD-on to BCR-on they moved from the first BW EX set to the first BW2 set. (3 sets rotated)
When Standard shifted from BCR-on to XY-on they moved from the first BW2 set to the first XY set. (5 sets rotated)
When Standard shifted from XY-on to PCR-on they moved from the first XY set to the first ORAS/Ancient Trait set. (4 sets rotated)
And here we are today with Standard starting at the first BREAK set.

Called it! My Zoroark BREAK deck survives another year. Meaning Zoroark GX is kinda useless for now.

And now i gotta rebuild my Decidueye GX deck, RIP Forest.

Back