2012 Olympics: Views?

raichupika33

Loving Wifi in my life...
We know the 2012 olympics are going to be set in London (YAY!) and you may have heard the problems over here at the moment. What do you think about all this and what else do you think about 2012 olympics?

Uhm, lets see, 2012...what did that mean again for a lot of gullible people? THE END OF THE WORLD!

But in all sriousness, it's nice to have something that big somewhere closeby. And you at least don't have to worry about child labor and human rights.
I think it would be great if kept down to earth.

clean water shortage, money problems with people that run the country are 2 I can think of atm.

I think I heard that around £1 billion is being used on it. I think with all the recent job losses and recession problems that sucks.

Micheal Phelps will attempt to get 9 gold medals in swimming. After the 8 in Beijing, 9 is certainly not out of the question.

Where'd you hear that? It's not as if the games are just a couple months away. A lot can happen in 3-4 years, including Mike getting older, so getting 9 golds is definitely a very slim chance.

And I do believe that he only participated in 8 events during the last games.

I'm pretty sure the pv record will be broken withing three or four years, possibly at the games. Brad Walker and Steve Hooker are really on fire right now.

/me hopes she can make the 2012 Olympic Tae Kwon Do team

China had alot of problems preparing for the 2012 olympics, so I don't see why London can't overcome it either...

China had a LOT of problems. I don't really see anything different with London.

And Michael will not do as good. He's going to be older and younger swimmers are training to thrash him now.

dmaster out.

1 billion? Try 7.4 billion to make the OLYMPIC STADIUM ITSELF! imagine the cost of the whole park!

I hope it is in stays in london since I am attempting to compete in Archery. It would be so awesomesause to wear a pokebeach shirt when I'm on TV if I'm on TV (probably since not many americans do archery). Anyways, I'm sure things will sort out. London won't give up this oppurtunity for anything.

I honestly hoped New York could host it. I mean, it would be great that they could host it, but they at least had a shot.

PMJfan001 said:
1 billion? Try 7.4 billion to make the OLYMPIC STADIUM ITSELF! imagine the cost of the whole park!

According to this article "The stadium is now predicted to cost 547 million pounds"
http://www.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idUSTRE5145AW20090205

That is close to what the Dallas Cowboys' stadium cost.

The whole things just bin raised to 12billion ^_^
Whis is sorta cool but also fairly annying xD

The Dallas Cowboys stadium clocked in at about 1.1-1.2 billion. 7.6 billion would honestly, humble their new palatial digs.

Sweet Dawn Berlitz said:
The Dallas Cowboys stadium clocked in at about 1.1-1.2 billion. 7.6 billion would honestly, humble their new palatial digs.

8 billion? Put that towards your economy before the olympics. It's too much of a risk. What if they end up loosing money?

And why would they put it in newyork? Do we want foreigners thinking all americans are like newyorkers? No offence, but da avrige noo yowker isn't going to represent america compared to say, georgia. Good old suthern hospitallity. Ahhh.

I think the Olympics will run smoothly, job creation and I live like 1/4 mile away from it so I can even qualify for something maybe boxing :p. Anyhow the only real threats are money shortage and terrorism

when your country hosts the olympics your economy is just boosted.
you dont lose money hosting something that huge no matter how big the costs are people will travel to watch and compete not to mention all the jobs created to build the stadium/clean/sell food and souveneres

trevorispro said:
when your country hosts the olympics your economy is just boosted.
you don't lose money hosting something that huge no matter how big the costs are people will travel to watch and compete not to mention all the jobs created to build the stadium/clean/sell food and souveneres

With a stadium costing 8 billion, London will have to hope and pray it will make sufficent profit. English sports aren't looking too hot right now.

Back